Lock affic add on

I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a lock affic add on which told u was dot to apply and when..

Like of eg, in big bold writing it pops up on ur screen use Corruption NOW like a raid warning but for affic rotation

Would be a huge help for me as im destro and this would help me lots with duel spec months away. Like destro for trash and affic for bosses. Thanks for any info u can think of or if ur playin affic atm and ur using an add on which help if u could link it. Cheers ;D

Re: Lock affic add on

I am not sure if you can get a Re-fresh DoT Warning, but all that I use is TimerButtons. Not sure if it's the best out there, but it does the job for me and is simple to configurate.

Deleted

Use Dotimer.

It doesn't do exactly what you said, but if you fiddle about with the settings you can get it to sort by which dot is about to expire so you can see at the top, and ghosting lets you see what dots just dropped off for a second or 2 just incase you missed the pre-cast.

Geez man why even play if you are going to have an addon telling you what to cast and when? What is the point? I can see having an addon to tell you when dots run out, but telling you what to cast..... Stop being lazy and L2Play. And another thing the duel spec will not be instant anytime you feel like it. There will be an NPC you talk to in towns to change.

Quote Originally Posted by nomekop251
    I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a lock affic add on which told u was dot to apply and when..

Like of eg, in big bold writing it pops up on ur screen use Corruption NOW like a raid warning but for affic rotation
    I think what you're really looking for here is a brain. Sadly there's no real way for you to upgrade from the scrubby gray one you're using atm, might as well kill yourself and hope you reroll as somebody capable to displaying some initiative.

Hmm, the addon that I will recommend doesn't put up a lot of text on the screen, but it does show you with images what your next few casts should be. For Affliction you'd get something like this:

The add on that does this is called Ripped and it has a specific module for affliction warlocks. You find both on Curse.com:
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/ripped.aspx
    and
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ails/arws.aspx

I think that you'll find that over time, once you get a feel for what the proper affliction rotations are, you won't need this addon anymore. It's kind of like training wheels on a bicycle. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoire
    Hmm, the addon that I will recommend doesn't put up a lot of text on the screen, but it does show you with images what your next few casts should be. For Affliction you'd get something like this:

The add on that does this is called Ripped and it has a specific module for affliction warlocks. You find both on Curse.com:
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/ripped.aspx
    and
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ails/arws.aspx

I think that you'll find that over time, once you get a feel for what the proper affliction rotations are, you won't need this addon anymore. It's kind of like training wheels on a bicycle. Have fun.
    I had to try it and the idea of it is really nice, however it just didn't "work" for me, I'll just pay attention to my timers since it for example it doesn't account for cast and travel time.

i use x-perl unit frames with targets debuff set to big debuff and it works perfect for me

download my video of os3 25 man and run it full screen to see what im talking about dont stream it kills quality and u cant see shit

http://files.filefront.com/OS3wmv/;1.../fileinfo.html

Thanks to some of the ppl who relpyed, to Irishop and Immalek thanks for being dickheads. Now ive not ever played affic (other then to find out it wasnt 4 me) i am a high dpser and yes affic rotations are hard 4 me sorry for being human. Im not a big pc gamer wow and C&C being the only games i really play on it and it is hard to get use to. Now i know it made u feel better about ur sad little lifes to slag some one who is trying to better his gaming (yes i ask for some thing to tell be how to affic but is there any better ways to learn something in life other den to be told wat to do as u are shown to do it and den accually doin it. I needed help to make the change from destro to affic but yes thanks for ur help ...

Greg ill try it out but have a hella lot of haste do we'll see how it work if it does. Plz dont flame some one for tryin (even if it doesnt look like hes tryin and he wants some magic easy answer, i did just want a push in the right direction) next time flame someone for not tryin... like u

FYI my brain is grey as is urs, but unlike urs its not scrubby (which in fact is not an adjective to describe something like a brain -.-) plz get a life be4 u go around makin comments like that and to say dat i should kill myself is (either a child sayin it and doesnt know that its stuff like that which drives depressed ppl to comittin sucicide and that sayin that is plain wrong, or they are a retarded person who is big talk over the internet but aint nothing special or ever will be anything at all)

Thanks to some of the ppl who relpyed, to Irishop and Immalek thanks for being dickheads. Now ive not ever played affic (other then to find out it wasnt 4 me) i am a high dpser and yes affic rotations are hard 4 me sorry for being human. Im not a big pc gamer wow and C&C being the only games i really play on it and it is hard to get use to. Now i know it made u feel better about ur sad little lifes to slag some one who is trying to better his gaming (yes i ask for some thing to tell be how to affic but is there any better ways to learn something in life other den to be told wat to do as u are shown to do it and den accually doin it. I needed help to make the change from destro to affic but yes thanks for ur help ...

Greg ill try it out but have a hella lot of haste do we'll see how it work if it does. Plz dont flame some one for tryin (even if it doesnt look like hes tryin and he wants some magic easy answer, i did just want a push in the right direction) next time flame someone for not tryin... like u

FYI my brain is grey as is urs, but unlike urs its not scrubby (which in fact is not an adjective to describe something like a brain -.-) plz get a life be4 u go around makin comments like that and to say dat i should kill myself is (either a child sayin it and doesnt know that its stuff like that which drives depressed ppl to comittin sucicide and that sayin that is plain wrong, or they are a retarded person who is big talk over the internet but aint nothing special or ever will be anything at all)

affliction really isnt that hard to pull off, watch my video, though its not the best fight since lots of moving around u can get the main idea on how to keep dots up when to refresh etc

What you have to do is spec into it and stay in it for a good week or so. You force yourself to learn it. Picking up a brand new spec with a totally different play style cannot be learned in an hr.

corruption just auto refresh
    fire your unstable/immolate as a single cast
    use CoA glyph since its the 3rd best and it need less refresh in a figth

and you will find it easy to juste refresh 4 thing (siphon/COA/unstableand immo/haunt)

i was having difficulties with haunt spec before so i was spec chaos aegis and when i saw someone post those trick I tryed it

on the first boss i done with it i done same dps as before and was getting better and better as each boss

got 4.1k dps at patchwerk 25 man first time as haunt (lag was terrible) when my record before was 3.7k (with almost no lags)