Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gift of the Earthmother. Is it a gift at all ?

Gift of the Earthmother Rank 5
    Reduces the base global cooldown of your Rejuvenation, Lifebloom and Wild Growth spells by 20%.

I took this talent just because it sounds good and needed a filler for WG but I am not really convinced it does anything.

As I understand it, after I cast my (instant) Hot I should see the global cooldown on those 3 spells be shorter than the GC on any other spells, yet as I am staring at the bars I see all spells "turning" at the same rate.

Do need some kind of add-on to detect a difference ?

Do any of you detect any difference ?

What is so great about this talent to be that high in the tree ?

I mean 1.2 sec is not that much different then 1.5.
    I am not 13 anymore with reflexes of the cheetah to even take advantage of this

How do you guys feel about this talent?

thank you

[edit] cleaned up the double post and corrected my math (1.2 not 1.3)

Re: Gift of the Earthmother. Is it a gift at all ?

3 things:

1) it affects base GCD (1.5seconds) by 20% = 1.2 second GCD on the 3 spells.
    2) you need more haste to see a bigger difference -- GCD min is 1 second.
    3) you lag too much for it to notice so you need very low ping and a very fast computer.
    It's just a game.

20% is .3 sec, it reduces your GCD on those spells to 1.2 sec.
    It may not seem like a big difference at first, but suppose you're stacking lifebloom to full+rejuv+wild growth.
    That's 5 instants, 1.5 each, so normally. 7.5 seconds.

With the talent, this becomes 6 seconds, meaning you've already got time to throw down an extra nourish or almost a regrowth.

It isn't going to dramatically raise your healing throughput, for sure. In fact, it might not raise it at all. But, for healing a 5-man (especially with bad tank or bad dps), it can be a lifesaver. It lets you react much more quickly.

It could also mean getting a swiftmend off .3 sec faster, which could mean life or death.

Etc.

Those are points that might be better spent elsewhere for raid-healing, but for pvp or small/mid-scale pve, it's pretty solid.

's my two cents.

well with that and combined with celestrial focus( sp, i think thats it in the balance tree) and with all the haste gear really easily available. You can pick up 400 haste in no time. that will bring you to the global cooldown cap on those 3 spells. When you hit that cap and you got to spam heals on multiple tanks (patchwerk) for example, you look like a " HoT Machine gun" its very fast and you can stack out all your hots on multiple targets. Also its been said, the fast swiftment is very nice as well.

druids did this without the talent in BC by getting ~60haste i believe.

the idea was that they could keep lifeblooms up on more targets at once. so in BC you could have 5 lifeblooms up at once instead of 4

im not a resto-druid so im not sure, but now with talents and glyphs and a bit of haste, i think a druid can keep 9(iirc) lifeblooms up at once

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    3 things:

1) it affects base GCD (1.5seconds) by 20% = 1.2 second GCD on the 3 spells.
    2) you need more haste to see a bigger difference -- GCD min is 1 second.
    3) you lag too much for it to notice so you need very low ping and a very fast computer.
    i was wandering if my lag is making me see no difference, where i live now, internet connection is not that good.

given perfect conditions, would my UI actually show those 3 spells as ready to cast (.3 sec) before all others? (on the defould blizzard spell bars)

Quote Originally Posted by Dagome
    i was wandering if my lag is making me see no difference, where i live now, internet connection is not that good.

given perfect conditions, would my UI actually show those 3 spells as ready to cast (.3 sec) before all others? (on the defould blizzard spell bars)
    No if you cast one of those 3 spells all the cooldowns of your spells with have the lowered global, and the little shaded timer that spins will look the same on all your spells.

Once again, spam and opinions wont swade me..

Here are the RAW STATS that proves, 5/5 will allow you to DRASTICLY reduce your haste needed to get a 1 second global cool down..

And to answer someones question to lagg earlier, I have found even when it does lagg, u can still button mash and get the spells across within the 1 second window.

5 Points Means you need = 505 Haste = 15.4%
    4 Points Means you need = 688 Haste = 21.0%
    3 Points Means you need = 890 Haste = 27.1%
    2 Points Means you need = 1113 Haste = 33.9%
    1 Points Means you need = 1362 Haste = 41.5%
    0 Points Means you need = 1640 Haste = 50%

So you go ahead, and try to get over 1000 haste to save yourself 2 skills which are probably wasted in healing touch, tranquility or replenish...

:

try casting Rejuvenation, Lifebloom and Wild Growth with 1.2 seconds between them (time it yourself, ignore the shading).. it might be even if you get the error 'i cant do that yet' the spells might still go off...

It's just a game.

Also to note; GotEM actually scales better with haste than other similar talents do.

Assume that you should maintain two Lifebloom stacks, two instances of Rejuvenation, and will cast Wild Growth every so many seconds (and a rejuv if you feel glyphed and SEED specced)

So realy; if you use Rejuv more often as a raid heal or Wild Growth, you need to have this talent.

Gift of the Earthmother affects the global cooldown of;

Lifebloom, Rejuvenation, and Wild Growth

The greater benefit from it the more you use these spells. Some people say GotEM is losing 1/3 of its effectiveness with the nerf of 6-sec cooldown to W-Growth. But Nourish can gain it’s 20% throug hput bonus from Wild Growth’s HoT and makes the spell more competitive with Regrowth, GotEM’s reduction of the Wild Growth GCD will continue to be valuable.

Once you have 580 haste rating, THEN plan to drop a point in Gift of the Earthmother.

ok, ok i am now convinced that this is a good talent for chain lifeblooming at least,

how about other spells ?
    is this statment true? :
    Gift of the Earthmother Reduces the base global cooldown AFTER you cast a Rejuvenation, Lifebloom or Wild Growth by 20%.

so for example this cast seq would be correct: (assuming no haste gear)

lifebloom
    1.2 sec GC
    moonfire
    1.5 sec GC
    lifebloom
    1.2 sec GC
    lifebloom
    1.2 sec GC

am i getting this now?

morgan is that 505 with out celestrial focus?

Gift of the Earthmother Rank 5
    Reduces the base global cooldown of your Rejuvenation, Lifebloom and Wild Growth spells by 20%.

I took this talent just because it sounds good and needed a filler for WG but I am not really convinced it does anything.

As I understand it, after I cast my (instant) Hot I should see the global cooldown on those 3 spells be shorter than the GC on any other spells, yet as I am staring at the bars I see all spells "turning" at the same rate.

Do need some kind of add-on to detect a difference ?

Do any of you detect any difference ?

What is so great about this talent to be that high in the tree ?

I mean 1.2 sec is not that much different then 1.5.
    I am not 13 anymore with reflexes of the cheetah to even take advantage of this

How do you guys feel about this talent?

thank you

[edit] cleaned up the double post and corrected my math (1.2 not 1.3)
    Wow mate If i read your post correctly you don't understand what global cooldown is, or I didn'T read properly.

GCD is 1.5 seconds during which you cannnot cast anything else fater casting a spell. You say you don't see the 3 spell refreshing faster then others... I HOPE SO.

It is the GCD that THEY produce when you cast them that's gonna be reduced from 1.5 sec to 1.2 sec. So when you cast them you can casta new spell in 1.2 instead of 1.5 . . .

From what I read you were expecting that they would be castable always after 1.2 sec and all other spells after 1.5 ... it doesn't work that way.

If I didn't understood what you wrote then my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by spaycez
    morgan is that 505 with out celestrial focus?
    505 haste is the dead line with or without it. You would need about 410 + celestial; or 505 withoutit.

I find it hard to get 505 without it and maintaining a good ammount of spirit and spell power (as you dont realy want critting oomkin gear with no spirit)

**EDIT**

Remember the haste thread that was up earlier, you can have wrath of air totem and oomkin aura (improved) for haste. I normaly stand about 360-400 and let raid buffs do the rest (if we have them) If not I chop and change my gear as I have heaps 25 man's.

This helps even if you have lag. Partly cause you can spam the button. But also:
    If your lag is .3 seconds a normal GC might take 1.8 seconds (1.5+.3), while a Earthmothered GC would be 1.5 (1.2 + .3 lag)

So Earthmother helps even if you lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    Wow mate If i read your post correctly you don't understand what global cooldown is, or I didn'T read properly.

GCD is 1.5 seconds during which you cannnot cast anything else fater casting a spell. You say you don't see the 3 spell refreshing faster then others... I HOPE SO.

It is the GCD that THEY produce when you cast them that's gonna be reduced from 1.5 sec to 1.2 sec. So when you cast them you can casta new spell in 1.2 instead of 1.5 . . .

From what I read you were expecting that they would be castable always after 1.2 sec and all other spells after 1.5 ... it doesn't work that way.

If I didn't understood what you wrote then my apologies.
    well i got confused with the wording of the talent.
    it would make more sense to word it like this:
    Reduces the base global cooldown AFTER your Rejuvenation, Lifebloom and Wild Growth cast by 20%.

i guess i ignored the word "global" meaning all spells
    but then again there are spells that do not use global cooldown, so thinking that only those 3 spells will have their cooldown reduced is not that bizzare, no?
    this just might have eveything to do with English not being my first language, i guess

Dagome, I didn't meant to belittle you or anything. I was just not sure if I had understood your post correctly, seems like I did.

So you have your answer now :P

After using THOSE specific spells, you're gcd will be lower, only 1.2 sec instead of 1.5 sec. That is what the talent does.

have fun deciding if it's worth it or not now ! (I think it is, to each his own)

yes now i understand, and i see the talent's worth

This spell should really be compulsary. Its so OP!

Mixed with celestial Focus, how can you not spam 4 healing spells in 4-5 seconds?

If you think of it like that, any tank at 50% HP shouldnt die!

(Eg. patch work hits them for 10k or paladin runs into 6 mobs etc.)

15+ Year Old Account

morgan id like to know how you crunched the numbers to know you need 410 haste with CF to get to a 1sec GCD
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

Bad players are always going to deflect their failures onto someone else.