Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Gift of the Earthmother. Is it a gift at all ?

Dude I get tired of explaing the same things in different threads.

Ok here we go; Druid haste 101 !

Celestial focus adds 98.4 haste rating (3/3)

Gift of the Earthmother is a five-point talent that reduces the global cooldown of Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, and Wild Growth by a certain percentage.

Assuming 0 spell haste, it would represent a 20% increase in throughput.

Therefor..... Other talents that affect casting speed, the reductions from spell haste and GotEM are additive; both values are calculated off a 1.5 second global cooldown and are not applied in any particular order

NOW!!! Having typed that... The formulas for determining the amount of spell haste required are below (Yea World of Warcraft is based on maths, did any one here do calculas or statistics in Thier final years of highschool or university?)

A formula for determining the amount spell haste required to reach this cast time
    Haste Rating Required = ((Base Cast Time / Desired Cast Time) - 1) * 32.79 * 100

For Lifebloom or Rejuvenation
    Haste Rating Required = ((1.5 / 1.0) - 1) * 32.79 * 100

Take into account the effects of Gift of the Earthmother
    Haste Rating Required = {1.5 / [1.3 - (5 - Pts. in GotEM) * 0.06] – 1} * 32.79 * 100

Does everyone understand that?

32.79 haste rating = 1% haste. 5/5 GotEM, you’ll need 15.38% haste or 505 haste rating to obtain a 1 second global cooldown.

If you are still unsure, READ THIS POST

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t37578-r...n_itemization/

15+ Year Old Account

Ehm.... all interesting info but...

OP is stating an impossible thing.
    He's saying that once he pressed one of the affectes spells, all spells on the bar refresh equally.... which is obvious.
    You will NEVER see, say, Healing Touch icon refresh more slowly than say, Lifebloom, once you pressed Lifebloom.
    The difference is that the time you'll wait will be 1,2s instead of 1,5s (without any other haste effect).

THAT is what started your doubt You were expecting differential refreshing, while in reality having GotEM simply shortens your GCD after you used one of the said spells
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

By the way, if you're concerned about lag, get Quartz casting bar. It considders your current ms and shows in your casting bar when you can cast your next spell, even if your client thinks you're still in GCD while you're not becouse you're lagging, you'll be able to cast some spells anyway.

Super addon for any caster, especially if you have a connection with quite a bit of lag.

Basicly, if you have 100 ms, wich you can hardly even call lag, and you use this addon, you'll be able to cast your next spell 100 ms sooner then without the addon.

Quartz is great for resto druids.

Pretty much to sum all my spam into one Paragraph.

- Get 5/5 GotEM + 505 haste (Dont care how Gear/CF/Raid buffs) = 1 second global cooldown

- Not to mention the haste will make your nourish/regrowth cast faster also.

- CF makes this ALOT easier to obtain, and allows you to change you gear without wering heaps of oomkin gear with little or no mana regeneration (spirit or MP5).

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrion
    Basicly, if you have 100 ms, wich you can hardly even call lag, and you use this addon, you'll be able to cast your next spell 100 ms sooner then without the addon.
    this is incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by pheus
    this is incorrect
    Tell us; what is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Morganskunk
    Tell us; what is correct?
    He is right - no addon can make you cast faster, it's just not possible with the addon interface Blizzard provides.

The only benefit of Quartz in this case is that you be able to see more clearly when your casts will actually go off and where the timings lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

15+ Year Old Account

Which is not true. You can start casting the next spell during the red "lag" section of your castbar if you're using Quartz, and while you don't visually notice it, it works, for when you send the 2nd cast the server will have already timed out your first spell, you just don't see it on screen because of lag.

So yes, actually you can cast faster.

The confusion comes from not understanding the meaning of GCD.
    GCD is triggered BY a spell you cast (doesn't matter if with cast time or instant) to prevent you from casting another spell in the given time.
    GCD IS global - so it affects ALL spells that will be cast AFTER a spell that produces a GCD.
    So the description of GotEM clearly states that GCD of {Rejuvenation, Lifebloom and Wild Growth} is reduced. This means only one thing:
    GCD that is triggered BY any of those 3 spells is reduced. That's why you see equal swirls on all your spells after LB/Rej/WG, because they are in fact EQUAL and all are decreased by GotEM.

Now if this is needed by resto druids. If you heal with HoTs (which is the meaning of resto druid) - then this one is clearly needed. The only thing that is stopping you from giving more HoTs is GCD and reducing this is if not mandatory, at least very very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    Which is not true. You can start casting the next spell during the red "lag" section of your castbar if you're using Quartz, and while you don't visually notice it, it works, for when you send the 2nd cast the server will have already timed out your first spell, you just don't see it on screen because of lag.

Resto druids mostly use instants, which cannot be chained by using addons like Quartz. You need to wait until the GCD is over until you can cast the next spell.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by halmmar
    Resto druids mostly use instants, which cannot be chained by using addons like Quartz. You need to wait until the GCD is over until you can cast the next spell.
    And how exactly is this changing what I stated?

Seriously, who the fuck gives a care? I know how restos work (and any half-idiot that played Vanilla does) but it has NOTHING to do with how certain addons work.

And how exactly is this changing what I stated?

Seriously, who the fuck gives a care? I know how restos work (and any half-idiot that played Vanilla does) but it has NOTHING to do with how certain addons work.
    The idea is that with instants you don't have Quartz bar with "red" area.

I dont know about you guys, but when I cast a spell on my warlock, or druid I normaly press the button while the global cooldown is on .5 seconds remaining and by the time its over, the button I have pressed is lifted, and the spell is cast.

This saves me .5 on each spell I cast due to 'human skill' - but there are mods that can help you do this (however I dont see how :P)

Wont improve comp performance, wont decrease lag or improve your latency.

I gues its like saying, do you wait until your global cooldown is over until you press the button, or do you press the button just before its over?

You can already do this with the default UI - if you cast a long spell (such as Starfire) you'll find you can start casting the next one 0.5-1.0s before the first one finishes. The server basically queues this up to be cast immediately after your first one. So as I said, Quartz does not allow you to cast any faster.

However, as has been pointed out, this technique doesn't work when you're fighting against the GCD - whether you're using Quartz or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!