Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Priests - Any use left?

Quote Originally Posted by Sausagefan
    2) You're assuming Holy won't be able to effectively AoE heal or even single target heal. It's only true if you keep saying so. PoM is still ridiculously OP, effective Renew usage has always been a part of a priest's arsenal and single target healing is still rather easy as Holy.
    CoH was perfect for a long time (ok not for 4 years - i forgot when it was added and i didn't play wow a lot before BC) and they decided to nerf it. I never said priests can not heal or DPS and PoM will not jump where you want it and it won't heal a 25 man raid - try healing Sartharion with PoM and Renew...

Lol

no really really: I actually did lol

I just looked at the webstats posted. And went into the shaman healing stats.

Well gosh: on some fights the healing stream totem gets 2nd. Chain heal still manages to be between 70 & 80% though.

Some people are saying 1 button heals are bad. Must be nice to know its just priests it's not OK for.

Also, just out of curiosity, why the cheap gems in helm and legs???

Circle of Healing existed for four years? News to me...

Discussing my gear became the thing that some ppl think is the reason i started this thread about.

But well... gems on ym realm go for high prices and some people (iuncluding me) are to lazy to farm. I won't give 500g on 2 blue quality gems. And the head it's not the one i want so i will replace it soon. As for the holy tier ... Holy > Shadow t7 pieces for both specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtrans
    CoH was perfect for 4 years and they decided to nerf it. I never said priests can not heal or DPS and PoM will not jump where you want it and it won't heal a 25 man raid - try healing Sartharion with PoM and Renew...
    ...CoH hasn't been around for four years. Since Sartharion is a trivial encounter without drakes up (what AoE healing is there to do exactly?), I'll use Vortex as the prime example of what priests can still do after the nerf. PoM (since it really WILL use up all its charges, all six if you have the 2 set bonus), slap Renew on as many people as you can and use your CoH (Vortex lasts longer than six seconds, so you'll get two in). That's about the same as resto druids can do (maybe less, since they can just spam HoTs on people who are getting low), and far more than pallies and shammies can do. In a theoretical encounter where AoE damage is high and the raid is completely stationary, resto shammies will be the AoE healing king. How many encounters exist (or ever have existed?) which matches those characteristics? Encounters aren't all like Brutallus; being able to effectively heal while moving gives priests an advantage that a CoH nerf can't change.

Enchanchement Shamans underpowered in PvP...
    I'm starting to think people do this purposely now, no way so many people could fail at spelling...

Holy > Shadow t7 pieces for both specs.
    Are you still stuck in TBC and think a greater Spellpower pool is better than a high spellpower pull with high critical rating? I bet I can crit for more and maintain my Spirit Tap and Glyph of Shadow Proc to match any spellpower advantage you could gain.

But well... gems on ym realm go for high prices and some people (iuncluding me) are to lazy to farm. I won't give 500g on 2 blue quality gems. And the head it's not the one i want so i will replace it soon.
    You're too lazy to farm? Than what is giving you the knowledge and experience to post about Shadow Priests lacking DPS in PvE when you cannot even bother to put in the effort to spec, gem and gear correctly? If you do not have the time to use the character properly... how can you correctly pass judgment on the class when you're doing it wrong?

Now... we've seen your gear and you claim a S.Pri can only do 2.5-2.6k DPS. Some of us claim to have 4k DPS.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...drius&n=Rifter

Look at the difference between my gear and your gear... and find out why I can do 1.4-1.5k DPS more than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Are you still stuck in TBC and think a greater Spellpower pool is better than a high spellpower pull with high critical rating? I bet I can crit for more and maintain my Spirit Tap and Glyph of Shadow Proc to match any spellpower advantage you could gain.

You're too lazy to farm? Than what is giving you the knowledge and experience to post about Shadow Priests lacking DPS in PvE when you cannot even bother to put in the effort to spec, gem and gear correctly? If you do not have the time to use the character properly... how can you correctly pass judgment on the class when you're doing it wrong?

Now... we've seen your gear and you claim a S.Pri can only do 2.5-2.6k DPS. Some of us claim to have 4k DPS.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...drius&n=Rifter

Look at the difference between my gear and your gear... and find out why I can do 1.4-1.5k DPS more than you.
    small FYI on the first part, t7 shadow has haste, t7 holy has crit.

T7 Gloves for Shadow have Haste and Crit. He chose T7 Holy.

GhostCrawler said that they asked every member in the team that plays a priest... i start wondering if any of them reached lvl 8 and went to "raid" in RFC or something.

- Shamans are underpowered in both PvE and PvP
    I play a shadowpriest and i usually top the DPS meter. The only person that ever managed to beat me was a Elemental Shaman (the very underpowered class that will get a full buff on all offensive spells next patch). I have 7 buttons to spam and i must watch all my DoT's to see when they are up. I usually do 2.3k-.2.4k dps. He spammed Lightning Bolt! ... he did 2.6k-2.7k dps. Yep underpowered ... let's buff them.
    Enchanchement Shamans underpowered in PvP... I played a friend's DK (tank) with 27k hp. An ench shammy came and hitted me once - I was left at 14k HP - that is 13k HP on a naxx/malygos/sartharion geared tank with 28k armor (Frost Presence). The next hit was 3k while i had Icebound Fortitude up (-50% dmg).
    Ever tryed playing a Shadow Priest in arenas? In BC it was fun. In WotLK i tryed that... i got killed by a mage/retryladin while i was using Dispersion at about 13k hp... That means 60k burst dmg. I never managed to kill some1 in the new arenas so i decided to go Disc. It was nice until a muti rogue saw me... i didn't understood anything. I crited 3k with desperate prayer... I get down before i even get to cast. - Ghostcraler said that "Healers should go down to win arenas" ... ever tyed beating a resto shaman / Holy pala?. A shaman healed 250k in an arena match and my partener killed it after 14 mins. I got killed in 25 seconds. A Holy pala heals for 5k/13k crit with Holy Shock that has a 6 sec cooldown and bubbles every1... yeah go mele DPS...

GhostCrawler also stated that priest stack Spirit so they taught: "Let's nerf Meditation... WOHOOOO"... nice that is what we needed. After the conversion to spellpower you said you will give players back the Bonus Healing lost through talents. Priests stack spirit because they get spellpower back and generate mana. Why don't you nerf paladins? They can stay in a spot without getting any mana regen gear/gems/enchs because they have a talent that grants them 60% of the mana used when they cirt.

I almost forgot the sweet CoH nerf
    CoH will get a 6 seconds cooldown that you won't be able to reduce by any means. Doing so will make the shamans the only compentent AoE healers. Things will become easy when chosing the healing classes. Shaman > Paladin > Druid > Disc Priest > Holy Priest.
    Shamans will be the only ones that can still heal through some certain fights that require AoE healing.
    Paladins have imbah buffs, almost never run OOM and they can surpass every other singel target healer. They have an ability (Divine Intervention) that will make someone immortal for 3 minutes so they can ress up everyone and start the fight in a couple of minutes.
    Druids can still do some AoE heals spamming instant casts on everyone and have a combat ress.
    Disc Priests do a lot better than Holy priests at single target healing and have some interesting buffs that can increase DPS and can reduce dmg taken by one target.

Druids and Shamans have abilities that make other people regen mana fast so that makes them to get into raids easyer.

If anyone can post this on the US forums would be great :P

Tottally Agree 100% with everything you say about priests. its bull shit that we have to maintain a constant rotation of 5 spells in a raid per mob, and even still be decent in dps, when a destruction lock or an ele shaman, or even a mage just have to look at the dude. and hit a button. Seriously, what is that

Well i can't immagine in what situations you do 4k DPS... :| i have 2158 spellpower self buffed and only the global cooldown stops me to spam more dmg (i also had that bug involving the "delayed mindflay bug" so mine only did 2 ticks at most)
    4K dps on patchwerk in 10man nax, 4.5K dps on patchwerk in 25man naxx... ele shamans aren't even getting in the top 10 dps at the moment...

I disagree with the Ele shaman outdpsing a Spriest.
    http://wowwebstats.com/4wzlunin4e46u
    Renii is a guildie,the WWs was back when he had less gear than he does now. You can easily do over 3k DPS. When I go shadow with a lot of holy gear, I do 2.6k..... in 5man instances. You're clearly doing something wrong.
    Shadowtrans, grind Kirin tor rep for a caster enchant. It will help you more than the mp5..
    Drop the points off shadow affinity, grab improve shadowform.
    Your crit is really really low, you should get more crit (a lot more crit).

It's not because we get a 6sec CD on CoH that we are broken. A lot of times I do 60% of flash heal and 20% of CoH.. Bad priests won't get invited ot raid that's about it. I assign myself as a raid healer but that doesn't mean I spam CoH......

Yes, things are currently gloomy for unskilled priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbooty
    Tottally Agree 100% with everything you say about priests. its bull shit that we have to maintain a constant rotation of 5 spells in a raid per mob, and even still be decent in dps, when a destruction lock or an ele shaman, or even a mage just have to look at the dude. and hit a button. Seriously, what is that
    If you're referring to a multiple mob pull (like trash), you're retarded. Mind Sear is completely overpowered. Seriously. As in, "Amagadz, I just crit 10 mobs at once for 2500" overpowered.

If you're referring to raid boss DPS cycle, I count MB, MF, VT and Devouring Plague. SW: P is up on the boss constantly after the first application, and SW: D is used ONLY as a filler when DoTs don't need refreshed and MB isn't off cooldown yet (and only then within 1-2 seconds or so of MB coming off cooldown). So it's a rotation of four. Is it that you want our rotation to be simplified, or you want other classes' rotations to be just as complex? If you want the former, then you want the brainless button mashing you were just criticising/envying. If you want the latter, moar QQs will have to be endured from former button mashers. Playing at/near the max of a complex DPS rotation is more fun than failing at button mashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    4K dps on patchwerk in 10man nax, 4.5K dps on patchwerk in 25man naxx... ele shamans aren't even getting in the top 10 dps at the moment...

Thats true, but with all classes having equal gear, and using the right rotation/priority list, I don't think spriests would be too high up either.

Well grats to you guys and your guilds those things aren't even imaginable on our realm yet we have guilds in top10 worldwide (including Method that is the 2nd).
    You do realize that nobody cares that you exist on a realm where there are some good guilds and you may have run with their b-squad/alts once or twice. Seriously, stop name dropping like you're actually talking about important people.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

Alright bud.

I only have one suggestion.

Hop.com
    "Nerf rock, Paper's fine." - Scissors

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sausagefan
    If you're referring to a multiple mob pull (like trash), you're retarded. Mind Sear is completely overpowered. Seriously. As in, "Amagadz, I just crit 10 mobs at once for 2500" overpowered.

If you're referring to raid boss DPS cycle, I count MB, MF, VT and Devouring Plague. SW: P is up on the boss constantly after the first application, and SW: D is used ONLY as a filler when DoTs don't need refreshed and MB isn't off cooldown yet (and only then within 1-2 seconds or so of MB coming off cooldown). So it's a rotation of four. Is it that you want our rotation to be simplified, or you want other classes' rotations to be just as complex? If you want the former, then you want the brainless button mashing you were just criticising/envying. If you want the latter, moar QQs will have to be endured from former button mashers. Playing at/near the max of a complex DPS rotation is more fun than failing at button mashing.
    idd, our 'rotation' has been dumbed down since wotlk... as a NE priest, i've replaced starshards with devouring plague and sw auto refreshes these days...

still i really really (really! :P) love my spriest because it involves some actual thinking about what to cast next instead of mashing 1 button... Only thing i've hated about spriests since wotlk is a buggy MF that made it really hard to clip it just after a tick to maximize dps, but that will be fixed next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity
    idd, our 'rotation' has been dumbed down since wotlk... as a NE priest, i've replaced starshards with devouring plague and sw auto refreshes these days...

still i really really (really! :P) love my spriest because it involves some actual thinking about what to cast next instead of mashing 1 button... Only thing i've hated about spriests since wotlk is a buggy MF that made it really hard to clip it just after a tick to maximize dps, but that will be fixed next patch
    Truth.

Playing an Spriest BC was frustrating at times; you could hit all your DoT refreshes perfectly, make all the correct gear choices and see negligible increases in DPS. I gave up my BC main (protection warrior) to play my Spriest just because it's that much of a blast now; it's less of a challenge, but the challenge that remains actually offers returns on the invested effort.