Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41

    Re: Priests - Any use left?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker

    Mage - Mage Armour 30% (50% Glyph), Arcane Tree 30% and Fire Tree 30%. I am unsure if mages are able to grab each 30% in both trees which will give them 110% Glyphed, 90% Un-Glyphed and 60% with Molten Armour. Or, they could go 60% or 80% with one tree and mage armour. All of this accompanied with Evocation (Owns Dispersion for Mana Regen) and Mana gems (Not limited to one per fight).

    Throw us a frickin' bone with mana regenration already.
    Mages talents DON'T STACK with mage armor, and I'm pretty sure both talents wouldn't stack together.

    Priest are currently the only class playing the game normaly the game imo. mana issues SHOULD exist. nerf holy pally imo they are the most broken healing class atm.

  2. #42

    Re: Priests - Any use left?

    Yeah, I wasn't sure if they stacked or not. They are still given the option to have mana regen without specing into it. Or, having mana regen in all of their trees (Think Improved Elemental). Yet... when we ask about Meditation, we are told it's too crucial of a talent to spread around or make baseline. Same thing with Spirit buff. Yet, they drop down talents for other classes so they could spec the way they wanted. Warlocks want ruin... they drop it down. Warlocks want soul link, they drop it down. Paladins want kings... they drop it down. Priests want spirit... sorry, it stays 21 points and you cannot take your 51 point if you want it.

    mana issues SHOULD exist.
    That's the funny part. The one class that has some of the best options for getting mana back are the ones being given more options to regenerate. Frostfire spec mages have no problem with mana... or atleast the one in guild who is literally always #1 DPS has no problems... and now he gets a bonus of 30%. If it's that easy to solve a non-existing problem for mages... just proceed to give the holy tree a 30% regen... I am sure many of them would drool at the option of not speccing into Discipline.

  3. #43

    Re: Priests - Any use left?

    Priests - Any use left?
    No. Go delete your character now and quit wow.

    God forbid that you'd press more then CoH in a raid though - my wws say 80% of the 3 priests in my 25mans comes from CoH and 10-15% comes from PoM.

    If CoH is gone - and they are back to single target healers, and to aoe heal they have to setup a rotation (rather then a sniping fest) with other healers through COH WG etc, then cool. You're still probably going to be doing nearly as much as you were doing, but Overheals will maybe be more important again and not every healer is working together rather then to beat everyone on meters through CoH sniping.

    Mana issues need to exist for healers. Not just priests. If healers run out of mana - it means DPS is too slow. Im tired of enrage timers because a raid can just very slowly chip away a boss for 20mins with 1 dps alive and healers regen-ing mana.

    If mana issues exist on DPS then some boring problems occur. We sit there for a while util the priests go oom or all eventually die as we hit the enrage timer. Its not suddenly a tank dies and we all go reset and do it again better.

    Personally comparing one type of class to another just means how little you care about having challenging and unique problems. In which case you shouldnt even care if the priest gets nerfed - you'd probably be just as happy to complain as another class.

  4. #44

    Re: Priests - Any use left?

    I won't post this on the US forums cuz we have enough GARBAGE on the US forums as is.

    If you're topping the DPS charts in your raids, your guild, is fail. Who cares if you get lit up by an enhancement shaman, who the hell says enhancement shamans are underpowered? The things shamans complain about in Arena is their survivability, they can't live through a stun or a lot of CC and this is true, they aren't complaining about their dps, so who cares if they rape you while you play your friends DK [which i'm sure you did poorly].

    The fact that an elemental shaman has beat you in dps in a raid doesn't show that blizzard and players are retarded for thinking they need buffed, it shows how you need to work on your DPS rotation as a shadow priest.

    I do 3 sometimes 4 25mans a week and I have -never- seen a Elemental shaman top the charts. The highest I've seen an elemental shaman get is about 6th on the dps charts. Granted, I'm lucky enough to play with competent people, maybe you're not so lucky?

    Shadowpriest shouldn't be topping the charts on dps meters either quite frankly, as shadow is considered a hybrid spec thus Blizzard nerfed them to prevent them from out damaging an equally geared and equally skilled DPS class [Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Rogue].

    As far as the CoH nerf...who cares? CoH was awesome in Sunwell and in some fights practically required, but right now? Hell no, CoH is not needed. Priests are great to bring along for multiple reasons. Fortitude, Shackle, Mind Control, all of these have so far been helpful in both 10 and 25man raids. Hell they're REQUIRED for 25man Naxx, you can't clear it without priests.

    You also need to learn a thing or 2 about holy priests if you think Circle of Healing is their only aoe heal and to think that a druid has better aoe'ing healing than a priest, you also need to learn about the druid class. Wild Growth = bleh, that's our one aoe heal, wild growth, doesn't heal for a whole hell of a lot and has a whopping 15yd radius. gg.

    I think you need to sit down and re-evaluate you dps rotation and maybe spend a day or 2 on some forums and read up about the other classes you think are op'd or up'd.

    Cuz quite frankly kind sir, this post made you look like a know nothing twat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot
    Thats true, but with all classes having equal gear, and using the right rotation/priority list, I don't think spriests would be too high up either.

  5. #45
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Priests - Any use left?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dokoran
    Hell they're REQUIRED for 25man Naxx, you can't clear it without priests.
    Because I like to do funny remarks.

    3-4 hunters doing Concussive Shot rotations can do the job

  6. #46

    Re: Priests - Any use left?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Because I like to do funny remarks.

    3-4 hunters doing Concussive Shot rotations can do the job
    So you are saying hunters can now mind control? jesus, seems that I have missed atleast one blue post :-\

  7. #47
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: Priests - Any use left?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbooty
    Tottally Agree 100% with everything you say about priests. its bull shit that we have to maintain a constant rotation of 5 spells in a raid per mob, and even still be decent in dps, when a destruction lock or an ele shaman, or even a mage just have to look at the dude. and hit a button. Seriously, what is that
    Huh, what now?

    On trash in naxxramas my, um, "rotation" goes like this: Mind Sear - Mind Sear - Mind Sear. Have like 25k momentarly DPS and laugh at all the other classes who have lesser AOE spells.

    On Boss it's (once you have your 5 stacks of weaving and SW:P on the boss): VT - MB - MF - MF - MB - MF - MF. Refresh DP every 24 seconds, and if you're really funky, smooth in a SW every 12 seconds. Now what is particularly hard there? MF refreshing SW:P is really awesome.

    Or, do you wanna be a Frost(fire)bolt spammer? Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leipäkone
    So you are saying hunters can now mind control? jesus, seems that I have missed atleast one blue post :-\
    With enough hunters you can just kite him, that's the premise.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  8. #48

    Re: Priests - Any use left?

    Good players will allways be good bad players will allways be bad

    /thread
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

    Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

  9. #49

    Re: Priests - Any use left?

    Quote Originally Posted by skythra
    No. Go delete your character now and quit wow.

    God forbid that you'd press more then CoH in a raid though - my wws say 80% of the 3 priests in my 25mans comes from CoH and 10-15% comes from PoM.
    And I gues ure shamans are healing 80% from healing waves and 20% from Chain heal, right?

    Ofc they are healing 80% with CoH since its the best AoE heal in the game if used properly, it would't make sense for them to start flash healing when 5-6 ppl are taking AoE dmg.

    On the other hand I do think CoH is overpowered but the 6 sec cooldown is just a slap in the face, they are to lazy to come up with something better. If I remember right the CoH did get the 6 sec CD on the PTR and it was a disaster it was removed in a few days after implementation.

    If I were guild master of my guild I wouldn't take a holy spec priest to the raid after the patch, unless I dont have a choice. Why? It's simple:
    Tank healing: pala > disc priest/druid > shaman/holy priest
    Raid healing: shamy > druid > holy priest
    So why would u take a holy priest to raids?

  10. #50

    Re: Priests - Any use left?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Mage - Mage Armour 30% (50% Glyph), Arcane Tree 30% and Fire Tree 30%. I am unsure if mages are able to grab each 30% in both trees which will give them 110% Glyphed, 90% Un-Glyphed and 60% with Molten Armour. Or, they could go 60% or 80% with one tree and mage armour. All of this accompanied with Evocation (Owns Dispersion for Mana Regen) and Mana gems (Not limited to one per fight).
    Currently only Arcane tree has passive mana regen - of 30% (arcane meditation). Aditionally that same tree can get 10% (avg) from clearcasting and is the one with best usage of the mage armor, that stacks. Whith Glyph, it becomes 80% in total. But that is currently quite irrelevant because: a) Arcane does need all that mana b) Arcane is dead in terms of raiding.

    Frost elemental has a small raid wide mana regen (0,6% mp5), not very significant. It is also irrelevant for the frost mage personally because the spec is quite mana efficient. All this is mostly irrelevant because few are raiding as frost.

    Now, fire and frostfire builds. They get net 25% of crit spell mana cost and yes, they can have the mage armor up and get a glyphed 50%. Not they would do so because they would lose the 5% crit of molten armor. And 5% crit is a lot dmg for FFB buils (probably no other build of any class in game is as dependant of crits). Which also means that they won't have Mage armor glyphed.

    Next patch they will also have 30% passive mana regen. Because the spec needs it.

    Sorry for derrailing the thread into mage matters

    Not much to say about the main issue, just to remember that all classes are useless. But as the the original plan of having all the instance bosses comiting suicide so that the players could enter afterwards and collect the loot hasn't yet come into fruition (we are trying to get them extra psych "help" so that they will comit suicide - we promise them virgins and so forth, but no luck so far), for the time being raid leaderes will need all those useless classes - including priests - to run successful raids.



  11. #51

    Re: Priests - Any use left?

    Mind you it has been an extremely long time since I have played a shadow priest so anybody reading this with intentions of commenting please take it with a grain of salt, with that said though.

    If I were to ever go back to DPS on my priest my intent behind doing so would be to play a slightly more interesting class then mages. Nothing against mages mind you I have a 71 mage now



    And while I am still heavily lacking in gear it gets boring casting 1 spell allllll the time, hence the reason I have specced what some people use for AOE grinding, using the blizzard slow down. I did it with the intent of being able to kill things normally and not get bored out of my mind hittin #one on my keyboard all the time. This however was never an issue I had when I was leveling my priest, now mind you it may have been the same rotation of spells but at least it was more then just 1 spell. That is just my two cents on the matter of:

    Quote from: Bigbooty on January 07, 2009, 11:00:33 PM

    Tottally Agree 100% with everything you say about priests. its bull shit that we have to maintain a constant rotation of 5 spells in a raid per mob, and even still be decent in dps, when a destruction lock or an ele shaman, or even a mage just have to look at the dude. and hit a button. Seriously, what is that
    Don't remember who was talking about enhancement and elemental shamans, but I would agree to some extent that enhancement shamans are powerful, I wouldnt go so far as to say they are overpowered if anything they come down very much to the player, in reference to elemental shamans however I would say they are underpowered, and even though I don't play one I would like, for the sake of the people I know who play them, to see them get boosted a little, which it sounds like in 3.0.8 they are suppose to get a 20% overall boost to their dps, which to that I say good for them.

    It's very sad now after playing so long, seeing people SO competative that they not only want their class buffed and every other class they deem better then them to be nerfed.

    Quote Originally Posted by artan
    Good players will allways be good bad players will allways be bad
    When really only sometimes does blizzard make "mistakes" with a class and their dps and more often it boils down to the quote above. If your slacking get some practice, study your class, learn a better rotation of spells, maybe even examine your gear see if your using the best stuff for your class, and don't be afraid to listen to critism, I understand often it comes across as people bashing you but, sometimes the advice can help you more then you know.

    When I got into my guild I was heavy on spellpower sitting at over 2k unbuffed and was slacking a bit in spirit not bad but not where it could have been. I had a sit down with my class officer who does know his stuff pretty well about priests and found I wasn't playing poorly just needed some small gear changes, and even those small gear/enchant changes made a big difference. So I guess I'm saying don't think you know everything there is to know about your class just because you have leveled to 80, because believe me you may be lacking alot of knowledge.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •