Thread: Druid Polearms

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Druid Polearms

I'm actually rather excited about this, the idea of using polearms for druids is being reintroduced!

My question is, do you think there might be any caster polearms? There is only one currently ingame, and I was curious if you think Blizz might add a few real caster polearms now that druids can wield them.

Thoughts?

Re: Druid Polearms

no.

the whole point behind the current changes are to eliminate the existence of weapons that are only usable by 1 spec of 1 class. therefore: no caster polearms.

15+ Year Old Account

I really don't think so. While it MAY be shared loot with holy paladins, I don't see that coming anytime soon.
    The reason there're a couple polearms with Intellect is that they're designed for hunters
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Degiance

Maybe in the future possibly but currently there are some green polerarms only.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?items=2.6&filter=minrl=60

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    I really don't think so. While it MAY be shared loot with holy paladins, I don't see that coming anytime soon.
    The reason there're a couple polearms with Intellect is that they're designed for hunters
    Then think about when weapons dps is transformed to Feral AP.
    I mean all druids need Intellect in some point specialy if you like to Powershift to get the extra kick in dps as feral.
    But i guess i gona be seeing whole bunch of huntards with staffs(specialy on my server)
    So i dont feel any remorse for takin a Polerarm with whole lot of agi,stam,ap,intell when it comes to that.
    Specialy if the huntard already took Jorney's end or similiar situation kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Degiance
    I mean all druids need Intellect in some point specialy if you like to Powershift to get the extra kick in dps as feral.
    You're a few months late, powershifting is no longer a viable method to generate extra dps due to changes in Furor and Savage Roar dropping off when you leave cat form.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Degiance
    Maybe in the future possibly but currently there are some green polerarms only.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?items=2.6&filter=minrl=60

Then think about when weapons dps is transformed to Feral AP.
    But i guess i gona be seeing whole bunch of huntards with staffs(specialy on my server)
    So i dont feel any remorse for takin a Polerarm with whole lot of agi,stam,ap,intell when it comes to that.
    Specialy if the huntard already took Jorney's end or similiar situation kinda thing.
    Can people READ the thread please before answering? You totally missed the point.

OP was taking about caster polerams. Caster, you know. That thing with mana, spellpower and funny light effects. And I said that no, we aren't seeing any CASTER polearm soon, that lazorkins will not use them, that they will be only for ferals, and that the reason SOME polearms, green and one blue, have intellect is NOT that they work for casters, but that they WERE designed for hunters.

There will be only physical polearms. They'll have a high dps, possibly a kind-of-fast speed to avoid more competition, agility, AP, crit/hit and some haste. They will NOT have intellect, no polearm has it anymore since Vanilla.
    Yes, druids will use them. FERAL druids will

And btw.... you missed out a whole expansion. There is no more powershifting. Even the so called "bearshift" is utter crap since you're losing SR.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    Can people READ the thread please before answering? You totally missed the point.

OP was taking about caster polerams. Caster, you know. That thing with mana, spellpower and funny light effects. And I said that no, we aren't seeing any CASTER polearm soon, that lazorkins will not use them, that they will be only for ferals, and that the reason SOME polearms, green and one blue, have intellect is NOT that they work for casters, but that they WERE designed for hunters.

There will be only physical polearms. They'll have a high dps, possibly a kind-of-fast speed to avoid more competition, agility, AP, crit/hit and some haste. They will NOT have intellect, no polearm has it anymore since Vanilla.
    Yes, druids will use them. FERAL druids will

And btw.... you missed out a whole expansion. There is no more powershifting. Even the so called "bearshift" is utter crap since you're losing SR.
    agreed,

1) Funny how stupid people build on a stupid tangent.

2) Holy paladins being the only person that could use them (or would) they wont. The healing enchants are all 1h. What is good about Holy (and shaman) shield use is that you can encahnt a shield too. Using a shield would be a loss in stats (mostly Int)

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Boy
    You're a few months late, powershifting is no longer a viable method to generate extra dps due to changes in Furor and Savage Roar dropping off when you leave cat form.
    same patch that gives you polearms give you savage roar that wont drop off, as well as even more reduced shifting cost. perhaps your just a month to early.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Doodad
    same patch that gives you polearms give you savage roar that wont drop off
    ...but will still not provide the buff while outside of Cat Form.

as well as even more reduced shifting cost.
    ...in a purely PvP-oriented talent. Shifting in PvE is already essentially free with Improved Leader of the Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodad
    same patch that gives you polearms give you savage roar that wont drop off, as well as even more reduced shifting cost. perhaps your just a month to early.
    Powershifting isn't possible anymore since 3.0. And all current polearms are worthless for druids. This change is really useless.

turkeyspit

Doesn't anyone think this means we'll see more Polearms with Strength on it (for Rets, MS and Druids) and less 'Hunter loot only' type polearms?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyspit
    Doesn't anyone think this means we'll see more Polearms with Strength on it (for Rets, MS and Druids) and less 'Hunter loot only' type polearms?
    Considered how they changed staves, no. If you want strength weapons, use maces.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharandris
    Powershifting isn't possible anymore since 3.0. And all current polearms are worthless for druids. This change is really useless.
    The only worthless thing here is stat reading. Tank-wise, I agree. Cat-wise, redo your priorities.

Are they going to put out pole arms with ap buffs in druid forms??
    Global warming in Azeroth is serious business. They have melted and seek to flood the world! The Ice Stone has melted!- Kisirani (Blizzard Epic Realm Error "Love is in the Air" Event 2009)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by icecold
    Are they going to put out pole arms with ap buffs in druid forms??

You are too late too. Feral AP on weapons is removed too. So no, there will be no extra AP for some druidforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkatze
    You are too late too. Feral AP on weapons is removed too. So no, there will be no extra AP for some druidforms.
    that sounds very missleading, they are removeing the tag for non druids and giveing druids ap based upon dps. the new tool tip rates the dps of the item giveing it equivilien + or - a few ap of what the bonus would of been on a druid weapon of the same item level.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkatze
    Wait...I thought they only removed the bonus armor increase to weapons with armor on them. Ok I am so lost..I need to go relook over my druid again >.>
    Global warming in Azeroth is serious business. They have melted and seek to flood the world! The Ice Stone has melted!- Kisirani (Blizzard Epic Realm Error "Love is in the Air" Event 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by icecold
    Wait...I thought they only removed the bonus armor increase to weapons with armor on them. Ok I am so lost..I need to go relook over my druid again >.>
    they removed the ap tag from them that gave em ap in bear/kitty/chicken forms. a new tool tip will show up on most weapons for druids that shows an ap bonus based upon dps of the item. most of the staves have had their str removed and convered into a standard ap bonus (though lacking our 6% increse in stats bonus ap we got from str). some of them had had their armor removed or reduced but that matters little now as the other armor changes coming in game have made weapon armor a + but not a requirment.

Wont changing str to AP on weapons be a buff because of http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=16975

Quote Originally Posted by Scot
    Wont changing str to AP on weapons be a buff because of http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=16975
    That will make up for the fact that we are no longer getting kings to effect the str on the weapon, so really it will just all come out in the wash.