Deadly Gladiator gear easier to get

-Arena rating requirements for all Deadly Gladiator's Arena items have been reduced by 100.

Does this include weapons and shoulders as well? by the wording of that it seems like it does. To me this seems like a huge deal, but i can't find any more information about it. I thought deadly weapons/shoulders would be what i was working towards for a large portion of the season, but if weapons only require a 1930 rating, i may have them this week. It seems that arenas are being dumbed down as much as possible just like PvE. If they are changing rating requirements on gear i hope they keep shoulders and weapons the same.

Re: Deadly Gladiator gear easier to get

I thought the deadly weapons were bad

Honestly isn't that big off a deal...instead of what...2100 for shoulders it's still 2000. Still unachievable by most people on your server...

How does lowering the requirements dumb it down? If you're good you'll still beat the teams that are rated less than you. The only thing this will affect are teams that lucked their way quickly to the top while everyone still has shit pvp gear and then can rely on their gear advantage to maintain their ratings. Better gear for more people means better competition. Stop being such a fucking whiner.

clicky for armory

It's a way for them to help the classes which are generally not doing well get the gear that blizzard say is needed to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Seventeen
    It's a way for them to help the classes which are generally not doing well get the gear that blizzard say is needed to do well.
    but its not needed to do well. especially shoulders. they are not wayy better than hateful shoulders and certainly not better than pve shoulders for most classes but 2150 is alot harder to get than 2050. and 1930 is a joke especially in a few more weeks when the season has been going on longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamehenge
    How does lowering the requirements dumb it down? If you're good you'll still beat the teams that are rated less than you. The only thing this will affect are teams that lucked their way quickly to the top while everyone still has shit pvp gear and then can rely on their gear advantage to maintain their ratings. Better gear for more people means better competition. Stop being such a fucking whiner.
    it is dumbing it down because with this change you can do alot worse in arenas and get the same gear. how is it whining? im expressing an opinion that i do not believe the ratings should be lowered mainly because now the items are too easily achieved. Kinda like in pve.

If you are playing arena for the gear, why bother playing in my opinion.

The gear isn't what matters and really should be easily obtained by anyone who wants to compete in said arena.

If you want to try and take a game where reaction time and knowledge of class is really the only skill involved having people with choices for what items they where makes it even more unbalanced.

Arena gear shouldn't be good but it should be the only gear allowed to be worn in the arena thus more standardizing the arena system and at least adding some kind of balance to it. ie all people of the same class/spec would be in similar or exactly the same gear.

Everyone plays differently but I was under the impression that those who played arena wanted to try and do as well they could do an achieve the highest rating to the best of their ability, not get phat epix...

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew

The gear isn't what matters and really should be easily obtained by anyone who wants to compete in said arena.

If you want to try and take a game where reaction time and knowledge of class is really the only skill involved having people with choices for what items they where makes it even more unbalanced.

Arena gear shouldn't be good but it should be the only gear allowed to be worn in the arena thus more standardizing the arena system and at least adding some kind of balance to it. ie all people of the same class/spec would be in similar or exactly the same gear.

Everyone plays differently but I was under the impression that those who played arena wanted to try and do as well they could do an achieve the highest rating to the best of their ability, not get phat epix...
    Thats an interesting idea to only allow arena gear in arenas. I like it alot. It would show who is truly superior regardless of gear. I didn't mean that i arena for epics or that others do, but it is the gear i use since i hardly pve. And yes i arena to try to get the highest rating i can. shoulders are one way to show that u got a high rating(it may not be high to some of you, but 2150 is a high rating to me)

/nod

I might not fully share your opinion but I must say, the idea about only allowing arena/pvp gear inside arenas could be interesting

Great move by Blizzard, I approve

Most Arena for the epicz. Just like most raid for the epicz. Very few play for the challenges out of all those that participate in those activities. They'll say that but its a lie for the most part.

I wish we could get past the farce of 'lootz is secondary' when it comes to most of these people :

Quote Originally Posted by txbone
    it is dumbing it down because with this change you can do alot worse in arenas and get the same gear. how is it whining? im expressing an opinion that i do not believe the ratings should be lowered mainly because now the items are too easily achieved. Kinda like in pve.
    As several others have said, making arenas a gear grind is retarded anyway. For arenas everyone should get the same easily obtainable gear. Then matches are ACTUALLY challenging and about skill, rather than just who's sat through the most matches or AFKaved their way to purple gear and bought gold online for enchants.

There are plenty of other things they could be giving as arena rewards besides pvp gear that directly influences the outcome of arenas (making the winners keep winning that much easier and preventing new arena players from overtaking them regardless of skill)

you can get 3 deadly pieces from 25man vault. so it really doesnt matter
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

is this only going to apply to the gear bought from arena points, or does this count twords the honor bought points too. IE Cloak boots, belt so on. I'm just curious thanks!

Does anyone know the answer to this question? I have the points for cloak but my rating is only 1731 I can get it to 1750 but if tomorrow they lower the cap then it would just mean waiting a day which I can do. If any one know this answer plz help me out Thanks!

I went on the PTR and I can confirm that only the piece that you buy with arena point got the -100rating; The deadly offset item still have the same rating

ty very much first person