Demo lock - give it more respect !

i noticed that almost all the threads here are about afflic/destro locs
    very few ppl here comment about full demo locks and i think its a shame

as the only lock in my guild i chose demo to boost the raid with the 10% uniq demo buff, and you know what? i enjoy play it so much !

on patchwork i always on the top 3 doing easy 4.5+ k (and that without having an ele shaman a priest that can give buffs that can boost it higher ) and our guild had no problem to take him down under 3 minute to get the achievement.

i use the full 51 demo 20 destro talent points since i found out that if you are in a good guild having the burst damage u get from Metamorphosis is better then the 5% crt,
    i use Metamorphosis straight when the boss fight start and then again when the CD is up
    I get crazy dps if I pop it on heroism and drink speed potion, if my trinket pop I can spam SB every second and hit 8-12+ k for each bolt.

I know that affliction lock can do better – in theory ..but if you in a good guild that kills the boss’s very fast like my guild that clear naxx in last then 3 hours , it is very hard to get the afflict spec to full potential since affliction need time to build up the dps + both afflict and destro have more complicated spell rotation that make life hard and if u missed something it fuck up the rotation.

Now from all the bits and peaces that I gather up its look like Demo locks going to be much more respected and have much more locks turning to demo , Because this speck is going to be boosted a lot more and may be the top dpsers in almost any situation-if what I read below is true and Metamorphosis is getting +40% to damage instead of +20% that is very OP and with the improved felgurd glyph and improved fel armor it will be a winner.

And did I mentioned that demo locs have the best chance in BG to escape melee?(escape not duelling them I not crazy) fear is a fail coz every class have talants/trinkets that just cancel it and if u get stun at the start its usually bye bye unless u are doing the following :

first u pop demonic circle preferably in an higher platform then jump down , then u stand and dps then sooner or later a melee will come and stun u – but then u use the felgurd to stun and use the Metamorphosis/trinket/human spirit to brake free and use the demonic circle to disappear from harm way , 99% of the times the melee will give up and look for another target (usually he will also be a bit bussy with the felgurd that stayed bihined) then and you jump down and keep dpsing .

Re: Demo lock - give it more respect !

ok where did you see the 40% thing. that's what meta was originally at but i have never seen a post of them saying they were changing that.

also afflic has hit 6k+ and i have seen wws reports on this. can you show me a wws report? while demo does need an upgrade in damage they also need to add in some sort of rotation. single button spam should NEVER be top dps. i dont care if you pop meta on heroism and use speed potion. simply put. give demo a slight bit of difficulty THEN give them worthwhile dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

yeah.. umm... I'm not a Human.
    War doesn't decide who's right, It decides who's left.
    FOR PONY!!!

then blizzard must be retarded recognizing how weak the full demo is and wants to buff it for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Shamyone
    as the only lock in my guild i chose demo to boost the raid with the 10% uniq demo buff
    Demonic Pact (Rank 5)
    Your pet's criticals apply the Demonic Pact effect to your party or raid members. Demonic Pact increases spell power by 10% of your Spell Damage for 12 sec. Does not work on Enslaved demons.

doesn't stack with any +X Spelldamage-Buff like Totem or some else, or am i wrong?
    here should be my signature... FAIL!

yes it doesnt- sadly

Quote Originally Posted by eu.zulu.shinthar
    Demonic Pact (Rank 5)
    Your pet's criticals apply the Demonic Pact effect to your party or raid members. Demonic Pact increases spell power by 10% of your Spell Damage for 12 sec. Does not work on Enslaved demons.

doesn't stack with any +X Spelldamage-Buff like Totem or some else, or am i wrong?
    It's very possible to get more than 2800 spellpower with raid buffs (excluding totem of wrath's buff), which is enough to override the spellpower bonus from totem of wrath, and this will only get better with gear. Once a lock has 3200, 3300, 3400 spellpower raid buffed it may be worth it to spec into demonic pact to benefit the other casters.

This is currently bugged, and not using the spell power gained from the spirit conversion on Fel Armor. Hence, you need 2600~ spell power, before fel armors 234, in order for you to be better than an elle shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyked
    This is currently bugged, and not using the spell power gained from the spirit conversion on Fel Armor. Hence, you need 2600~ spell power, before fel armors 234, in order for you to be better than an elle shaman.
    Did not know this, thank you. When I was Meta spec this week in Naxx and noticed i had over 2800 spellpower, I was not specced into demonic pact since we raid with an elemental shaman. Hopefully they fix that bug in the upcoming patch.

The big question is can the warlock pet keep the Demonic Pact up reliably? Can the pet survive the raid environment and then can it crit enough to give a high uptime? Resummoning a dead pet and waiting for the pet to reapply the buff could be a big headache on a DPS race type fight.

Unless more changes are made, demo lock will probably replace the elemental shammy in T8+ gear levels. At this point, about everyone will be over 2800 spellpower before Totem of Wrath. You can get there with T7 even. My elemental shammy is already over 2500 spellpower before ToW and I'm looking forward to getting this buff. Give me my Illustration of the Dragon Soul and I'll be over 2800 in T7 gear. It'll even allow me to drop a dps fire totem instead of ToW and do yet more damage.

Elemental will provide no top tier buffs/debuffs that other classes/specs cannot also provide (spell haste, spell power, spell crit). But that's QQ for a different forum section Go Go Demonology!

Quote Originally Posted by geonexus
    ok where did you see the 40% thing. that's what meta was originally at but i have never seen a post of them saying they were changing that.

also afflic has hit 6k+ and i have seen wws reports on this. can you show me a wws report? while demo does need an upgrade in damage they also need to add in some sort of rotation. single button spam should NEVER be top dps. i dont care if you pop meta on heroism and use speed potion. simply put. give demo a slight bit of difficulty THEN give them worthwhile dps.
    here is this week WWS on patchwork (2 minutes and 42 sec the fight and my DPS 4.8 +K)
    http://wowwebstats.com/6qqjedvknvcd1?s=489434-525089
    here is my armory link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...z&n=Dragonfist

and i don’t use just SB i keep 2 curses up all time up all the time due to Glyph and gear
    as for Afflic being able to carry more Dps in an optimal condition- I agree- but I think that this optimal conditions are very rare and will be more and more rare due to the fact that boss’s fight becoming shorter and shorter because EVERYONE getting better gear and afflict loc need TIME and the more the better ito get to the full potential of its DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by lolapus
    It's very possible to get more than 2800 spell power with raid buffs (excluding totem of wrath's buff), which is enough to override the spell power bonus from totem of wrath, and this will only get better with gear. Once a lock has 3200, 3300, 3400 spell power raid buffed it may be worth it to spec into demonic pact to benefit the other casters.
    with trinket(Illustration of the Dragon Soul that i keep at 10 stacks up BEFORE i enter a boss fight) fell armor,food, flask and raid buffs i get around 2.8+ k or 3.3 +k with Metamorphosis .can use potion to get it higher but i prefer speed .
    the only problem is that we don’t have ELE shamy in the raid so i couldn’t test what you just mentioned here.

I probably get 200+ dps if I will replace my 4 T6 to other gear but I’m not totally convinced it worth the loss of the set bonus for this, I quite like it that I have the full set bonus for T6 and T7 at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Squito
    The big question is can the warlock pet keep the Demonic Pact up reliably? Can the pet survive the raid environment and then can it crit enough to give a high uptime? Resummoning a dead pet and waiting for the pet to reapply the buff could be a big headache on a DPS race type fight.
    the answer is yes and no- yes when my pet is alive the buff is up 99-95% of the time, and no- things geting massy if he die and or get buged out and stay away from the fight(happen quite often sadly)even if the lock use the instnt cast to get the pet back (from talent tree)but its still mess healers dots. got a lot of complains when its happen, the best salution- make sure that the healers will heal your pet and keep it alive some fights its just hopless but 8/10 boss fights its go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamyone
    here is this week WWS on patchwork (2 minutes and 42 sec the fight and my DPS 4.8 +K)
    http://wowwebstats.com/6qqjedvknvcd1?s=489434-525089
    here is my armory link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...z&n=Dragonfist

and i don’t use just SB i keep 2 curses up all time up all the time due to Glyph and gear
    Have you tried to use Immolate (glyphed) in your cycle ? What are your glyphs by the way ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyked
    This statement is 100% false. There is a bug in the spellpower from spi, however, it does not affect the Demonic Pact buff at all. It affects the spellpower -> pet spellpower/AP conversion. Pets are not receiving bonus AP or spellpower from your spi-spellpower. Think a bit more before you post please, and actually read blue posts. don't just skim them.

Meta/ruin should be buffed.

Best vs best (ie top wws parses per build) it seems meta/ruin is about 20% behind affliction at the moment. GC's comments seem to indicate the destro buffs will bring it on par with affliction so yes...buff meta/ruin.

Given the dps disparity of 20% I'd say you could almost get away w' making it permanent but the OP shrieking would be overhwhelming. Blizz has stated they want it behind other trees for the extra survival it offers but I don't think 20% back is justified. Also, having raided as meta...couple things that will massively juice your numbers....close enough to immolate aura on the boss, 2 fight duration being where you get 2 full meta's, or a short fight w' meta+heroism.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

i love my felguard too, but there are some things that bother me...

if your FG isn't fully buffed -> less dps, so sometimes you have to BEG for the right buffs which can be really annoying
    in some encounters FG is more often dead than alive, or it gets stuck like thaddius or gluth.
    and last, the meta doesn't really impress me. yeah it looks cool, it does some good dmg boost but there's something i miss but can't tell what.

but overall demonology is my favourite specc in wotlk