Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Things that made this game easier than it used to be!!!

repair bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezik
    2) yet another qq, havent there far too many qq threads about this
    Well duh, but unlike you who apparently started playing after TBC's release we're not quite happy with this new concept of having everything given to you for free. Back in the days you actually had to work for your epics, belive it or not.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by frankster
    thaddius grobbulus gluth loatheb aren't the same difficulty level as anub'rekhan
    Thaddius' most powerful ability hurts like hell... Lag!

But we killed him when we realized that when 3 people die he stops using this ability, so we sacrificed 3 people in the beginning and proceeded to down him with no lag.

AOE, no use of CC.

15+ Year Old Account

Mostly what I am seeing here is a congregation of people who are unwilling to accept that nostalgia often makes things seem better than they were, and that instead of a more reasonable explanation (like maybe the game just doesn't have the same appeal for you it once did) it's easier to just say that Blizzard is ruining the game by catering to "casuals".

Deleted

I disagree completely.

You only needed a threatmeter with BAD tanks. It wasn't needed at all with decent ones. Threat is still there only it works as everyone had blessing of salvation buffed on them and tanks also generate more as they do more damage.

As for the part 2, I only agree with the pre TBC part. In TBC, you couldn't get any upgrades at all from 10m raids. The badge loot, crafted and arena gear were a lot better.

can ppl that havent cleared all content please stfu with "all content is easy" , have you tried sath 25man with 3 drakes? prolly not. Imo that fight is the best fight and hardest i have ever come by. As healer i gotta watch out for min. 5 things at a time.. sometimes more to keep ppl alive and me alive.. im constant spamming hots and finding safespots to cast out heals and strugling with my mana. the content atm beside sath + 3 drakes is easy yes, but not a walk through. you gotta learn the bosses first.

and the raid gear atm you can get is nothing compared ti the ulduar loot.. have u seen the gigantic diffrent between item lvl 213 and 226?

i think content is fine atm, it give the "noob" players a opitunity to get some nice gear. but i wish they soon throw out ulduar so the pro guilds and continue.

blizz i focusing on the player not the class as they tolled.. prolly the same with gear.

If blizzard wanna throw out 1 expansion a year as they tolled they wanted, ppl cant be stuck in the first 10man for 1-2months like kara. they gotta work through the whole lore of the new content.

Dont worry the hard content will come, and then the QQ gonna we all about its to hard.

____

for the tank thingy.. u gotta have some noob dps if they cant overaggro the tanks. in my guild we got top tuned tanks and top tuned dps'. I see overaggro sometimes and ppl being anoyed that they have to slow down.

It is very important to understand, that since the time of vanilla to now this game has become very popular. They have had to change the game in ways to make it appealing to the casual gamer, it is in there best interest as a business. Yes there are far more ways to obtain in game rewards than there was in vanilla, some ways are fairly easy, but all items require you to put in some form of effort. They have really done a great job, it is still a very good game even if hardcore players consider it easier. Really just try to remember that this is just a game, and blizzard is a company with the goal of making money and hopefully delivering a great product to an increasingly larger demographic. They are doing a terrific job.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, I was just about to reply... interestingly enough, you seem to not even know what YOU are talking about, Zreo.

10-man Sartharion+3D is substantially more challenging than 25-man.

Expanding on what Brasko just said...

Many of us have been playing this game for years. We have loads of experience(some may call it skill). We know our classes, the rest of our guilds know their classes. We have seen many fights amd know the basics like avoiding the fire and moving as a group, and once you learn the novelty of any given bossfight, that fight becomes trivial. Blizzard can add more gearchecks, but all it means is just running those trivial fights more beforehand.

Bring 25 new players to WOW, have them level up to 80, and send them into Naxx. I garuantee they will be there for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot
    Expanding on what Brasko just said...

Bring 25 new players to WOW, have them level up to 80, and send them into Naxx. I garuantee they will be there for months.
    id jsut like to point out that ive runn naxx25 with a guild and pugs

and i got to say that theres a hole diffrent mood in the Guild run they know each other make laughs and the RL is having a blast leading people that listen to him

but honestly i dare say that you try and organize a pug together and Your the raid leader, ive done it and trust me its not easy

spider wing went fearly easy, a little struggling in plaque but we manage then we go patchwerk witch honestly i did not want to but the raid did, and a complete wipe fest, its not easy leading people that have never seen or heard about naxx in the old days.

and also most people dont know the tactics for the encounetrs they jsut want the loot, and join the raid saying they know em.

and honestly Patchwerk is a gear cheack.

i jsut would like to all you people that say its easy try it in a pug OFC its easy if your raiding with friends that you've know 4 years but as i said do it in a pug.

some encounters are trully hard, malygos is no way easy, and also hes quite a gear cheack also

the fire aint what it used to be =(
    I be spaming me dotzzz

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    fyi, sarth 10 man is harder than 25 man.

also those of you complaining about naxx, yes it's easy, partly because a few of us ran it pre-bc, partly because a few of us ran it pre-wotlk. no matter when you ran it, you know the encounters and their mechanics already. yes, they toned down bosses, yes they made it the entry level encounter.

you are judging this instance and it's difficulty based on the fact that it was the hardest instance release during vanilla wow, not based on its fact of being the wotlk entry instance. if you havent dont sarth with at least 2 drakes, you cant say that naxx is ezmode and u want harder content. naxx is comparable to karazhan difficulty-wise. sure, it hands out nicer gear and doesnt take as long to clear as kara first did, but they are very, very similar instances as far as intro-to-raiding goes.

moral of my text: stop comparing pre-bc naxx with wotlk naxx, they are completely different in terms of difficulty and in terms of what you are supposed to get out of them.
    Kara was harder than naxx.

Gruul and mag were much harder (possibly too hard) about on par with Sarth +2.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

Good wording If you had said "Things that made WoW easy" well.. I think some everquest veterans would have to start bitching.

Anyway it's not entirely blizzards fault.. Addons. it's fairly simple. there's a mass of addons that make partsof this game really easy.

Macros. great for advertisements not so great for raids. YES it helps you maximize your DPS by stringing your rotation together in the press of a button but WoW is a game in which your reflexes determine skill so when you can pretty much get top DPS by only pressing 3-4 buttons cause of macros idk.. I get more into the game when i'm clicking and pressing buttons all over the keyboard like some sort of Super Streetfighter.

I've been playing this game for nearly 3 years but I never saw Naxxramas back in the vanilla days. I was sorely disappointed when I entered the place for the first time, it was a pretty boring place and the bosses might have been interesting back then but now it felt pretty bland. Didn't have any of the epic feel of other raid dungeons I've been to.

Like others have said, the game is easier because there are more options to receive good gear. You don't need to grind for an epic BOE or raid the same dungeon hundreds of times before that particular item drops for you, there are other ways to obtain it. They've improved the tradeskills massively and with the introduction of BoJ in TBC and EoH in WotlK you don't even have to raid when you hit level 80.

Quote Originally Posted by gerimias

2) Items. People are able to get very good gear equal to 10man raid from heroics and badges. In vanilla wow u had to start raiding mc with blues and greens. Or in the bc there were some epics but not as many as in wotlk and not that good gear from quests. The option of raiding one instance on 2 modes increased the chance to gear up faster!!!
    I like this cause in vanilla wow you needed to be top pro pvp or in a good raiding guild to get any kind of epic gear. Those who ahd the gear simply walked over us and could litterally take 10 non raiders non pvpers all by themselves. This was unfair and it was made better in BC where you still could get good enough gear to own most other players, but they could also get some gear that allowed them a decent chance.
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

Quote Originally Posted by gerimias
    This is a post where i would like ppl to post their opinions why this game became so easy!!!

For me the 2 things that made this game so easy are

1) No need for threatmeter. With all these changes done there is no need for someone to use a threatmeter because there is no way they will take aggro from the boss. i remember on classic wow and tbc playing a fury warrior i was able to overaggro the tank allmost any time i wanted, but i had to stop so tank could build some more threat. With wotlk i dont have to use threatmeter and i can keep nuking like hell with no worry about aggro.

2) Items. People are able to get very good gear equal to 10man raid from heroics and badges. In vanilla wow u had to start raiding mc with blues and greens. Or in the bc there were some epics but not as many as in wotlk and not that good gear from quests. The option of raiding one instance on 2 modes increased the chance to gear up faster!!!
    There is still threat involved. If you like an idiot, you will pull aggro. Since you now have experience, you've learned how to NOT pull aggro from the tank, thus your experiences are now easier than they once were.

Kinda true, and kinda not true for number two. You still have to work to get them. For heroics, the tanks has to learn to maintain aggro, and the dps and heals need to let the tank get aggro and not pull them. Everyone still needs to learn the fights, and get through the usual routine. Seeing as Naxx was around since WoW Classic, guilds that cleared it then wouldn't have much trouble clearing it now.

I also believe that we should no longer excludes 5man Heroics from the raiding list. The enemies hit harder, the boss are stronger, and if make some mistakes, you'll wipe. Think of them as raids, but on a much smaller scale. They certainly fit your scenario of beginning MC with blues and greens. The badges earned from each boss kill is just a form of DKP, except this one is an actually currency and can be spent on whatever uses them for currency.

Yes, WoW may be "easy" for now, but I'll end with just this one message: ALL INSTANCES AS OF NOW ARE NOTHING MORE THAN (RE)INTRODUCTIONS TO RAIDING. Not everyone has raided during WoW Classic, or WoW TBC. Blizz is just letting everyone soak their feet in the pool, but when Ulduar shows up, Blizz will probably pick them up and throw the raiders into the deep end without their floaties on, seperating the good ones from the not-so-good ones.

my account subscription is currently on hold - cba playing when everything has become that easy.. i was playing prot warrior and my threat is the lowest of all the tanking classes, nothing wrong with that but i guess i could be a issue to look up to...