Definitive Insane In The Membrane answer wanted: bloodsail vs. goblin rep

Evening

There is a lot of conflicting information about the insane in the membrane achievement, specifically where it concerns the Bloodsail and Goblin reps. Some say that you need to have all criteria active at once; ie Honoured with Bloodsail, Exalted with goblins at the same time. Others say that once you hit the criteria for one rep grind, it's done and there's no need to keep them both lofted up. Confusingly, a blue put his weight on the latter, but did not speak with authority... he only stated how it "should" work, not how it actually does. Further prodding of blues and GMs has resulted only in "we cannot give away hints" blah blah.

As the goblin grind is the longest of the IITM requirements, this is obviously an important question. It means the difference between handing in a bunch of cloth (cheap and quick) from Hated-Neutral vs. having to kill several thousand times the total population of pirates on Azeroth or free the Dire Maul goblin and his numerous identical siblings that keep getting imprisoned there a bajillion times.

So I ask: Has anyone managed to successfuly complete the IITM grind, having dumped bloodsail below honoured after achieving it, and can post here to confirm?

On my main I have the IITM Feat of strength, I had the entire Goblin Cartel on exalted when I started out, but seeing I didn't have the bloodsail rep on exalted, I had to grind those until by the time I had hit honored with them, I was again hated with the entire gang of goblins. When I then had the other rep sorted, I didn't get the feat of strength. Seeing I was already exalted with them prior to starting the whole ordeal, I can say with some certainty that you have to have all reputations at the required levels in order to be rewarded with the feat of strength.

Here's what I have so far.

Statement: You need to have Bloodsail and Goblin rep at the required levels at the same time.

FOR:
    - Testament of players who were unable to get the achievement with one below requirement (this is word of mouth)
    - A game master stating this is the case: http://wow.spectralcoding.com/insane...l/email26.html

AGAINST:
    - Testament of players who were able to get the achievement with one below requirement (again, word of mouth) :\
    - A blue poster "confirmation":
    "My understanding of this is that it was never required that you have these criteria met all at the same time. Once you reach the required reputation level with one of the factions, the criteria should be credited." -Dresorull on 04/18/2009 @ 02:39:51 PM PDT
    "Well you shouldn't lose the criteria if you gained the reputation to obtain it. " -Dresorull on 04/18/2009 02:56:35 PM PDT
    CONCLUSION:
    Can't freaking trust anyone :l

Yeah understandable... I can only testify to my own experience. I was not credited for Goblin Rep when I was already exalted and had to start over from Hated at any rate. Perhaps they changed it or never changed it to what they wanted it to be.
    All I can suggest is do it worstcase scenario... start with Bloodsail, do goblins and other rep after. The only way to do it, is to trust yourself and wait for the game to reward you the feat of strength when you have met all the required reputations.

Good luck at any rate! Its a grind, but a fun one!

The way I see it as it will be is that the Shendralar, Ravenholdt and Bloodsail factions are going to be removed since there are no achievements for those factions in the reputation tab.
    There is none for the Darkmoon faire but grinding for that particular faction is very different to the other 3 above.

So perhaps if you only have the goblin reputations and darkmoon left, you might be able to get it after the Cataclysm release. Kind of like with the Hand of A'dal and Champion of the Naaru achievements, if you had the quests for those two titles you still could finish the chain prior to wrath of the lich king release.

Definitely. I'd just love it if some blizz developer who actually has worked on this shit came along and told us what's what, it means the difference between a week or two grinding dire maul vs a few hundred gold's worth of cloth turnins.

ffs are you kidding? I destroyed my bloodsail rep because I was told that once you had it you had it regardless if you lost it. Are you saying I have to go back and grind it out and then go to Dire Maul to get my Goblin factions up again?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't but i know a guild mate of mine has it.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    ffs are you kidding? I destroyed my bloodsail rep because I was told that once you had it you had it regardless if you lost it. Are you saying I have to go back and grind it out and then go to Dire Maul to get my Goblin factions up again?
    From everything I've read if you start with Bloodsail Honored you can nuke it to get Goblin exalted but NOT the reverse.

So I hit Honored with Bloodsail and then destroyed it and got my Goblin factions to exalted. It says it's recorded in the game from the copy/paste script that I was credited. So I'm ok? You're saying if I started exalted with the Goblin factions and then decided to hit honored with Bloodsail destroying my Golbin rep it doesn't work?
    Last edited by KCguy; 2010-10-28 at 02:38 AM.

No what everyone here is saying is they had Goblin exalted then got Bloodsail Honored and didn't get credit. It doesn't work like that you have to go Bloodsail to Goblin.

Deleted
    "Well you shouldn't lose the criteria if you gained the reputation to obtain it. " -Dresorull on 04/18/2009 02:56:35 PM PDT

I think what the blue poster meant is that if you get the criteria for the feat of strength you dont loose it if you loose one of those criteria.

As far as i am aware, 99% of IITM guides tell you to get rep with bloodsail and goblins at the same time and outline how you can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    No what everyone here is saying is they had Goblin exalted then got Bloodsail Honored and didn't get credit. It doesn't work like that you have to go Bloodsail to Goblin.
    Ok thanks for breaking it down much more clearly for me. Appreciate it.

Supposedly the reason some don't count is for example: If you had exalted with the goblins before the achievement was released (As in you did it in vanilla/TBC) then you grind bloodsails as the last rep for the feat you won't get it, same with vice versa I believe. Any other bugs, I have no clue about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbrother View Post
    Yeah understandable... I can only testify to my own experience. I was not credited for Goblin Rep when I was already exalted and had to start over from Hated at any rate. Perhaps they changed it or never changed it to what they wanted it to be.
    All I can suggest is do it worstcase scenario... start with Bloodsail, do goblins and other rep after. The only way to do it, is to trust yourself and wait for the game to reward you the feat of strength when you have met all the required reputations.

Good luck at any rate! Its a grind, but a fun one!
    Did you hit honored with Bloodsail first? Or were you exalted with the Goblins first and then switched to get bloodsail to honored?

It shouldnt be hard for the achievement to track this if u dump bloodsail rep since u already have the Avast Ye Admiral! achievement..
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.