61 Unholy AOE Rotation

Greetings:

I am having trouble coming up with a good rotation and not happy with my rotation for AOE. Can someone give me some ideas on what to use to AOE 3 mobs with Unholy at 61?

Re: 61 Unholy AOE Rotation

pretty basic really. Gather the mobs up, put down a death and decay if you have it already. Put Plague strike and Icy touch on 1 mob and use pestilence to spread the diseases. Use death strike to keep yourself alive and the mobs will die from the dots

awesome, yes I have been doing it wrong! Thank you for your help!

That rotation sounds good and is essentially what I do in 5 mans too, except I use PS>IT>Pest before DnD so as to avoid pulling aggro off the tank from the start.

But yah DnD, PS, IT, Pest sounds good. You probably will have enough RP for Unholy Blight by that point too if you have it talented and it's good to go ahead and activate that too for some additional AoE.

And then like the other poster said, Death Strike away, and perhaps Blood Boil when those Blood Runes start coming back up.

The only other thing I'd suggest is when you Death Strike, I prefer to start tabbing through my targets when I'm doing this, just to spread the damage around a little bit. And if you're good on health, a Scourge Strike instead is good stuff too.

Before 3.0.8, you'll need Dirge and the IT glyph in order to get enough RP to use Unholy Blight from this rotation. You definitely want this, UB does a lot of damage (less than D&D, but since you can have both up, it's just more damage).

Make sure Bone Shield is up before you start gathering mobs, and pop Icebound Fortitude as soon as you get 20 RP (after unholy blight). Properly using your damage reduction abilities helps a TON on downtime and the number of mobs you can withstand. I was able to AE 8-10 mobs at a time while leveling with only bandage downtime most of the time.

In 5 mans you definitely want to do PS>IT>Pest first, for agro like Bullshifter mentioned, but also to get Ebon Plague spread around ASAP for all the caster AoE.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

Good additional thoughts on that Haskel, thanks =)

On the RP situation, I find that most of the time if I pop Bone Shield before the pull I'll have enough RP to do it without the Icy Touch Glyph as long as you have Dirge. But otherwise that's good insight too. Another thing you can do is after the first rotation (I can't remember when you get this so it may not apply yet), you could Blood Tap for a Death Rune and Blood Boil, which would also give you enough for the Blight.

The Icy Touch Glyph isn't a bad thing to have though at any rate, and would simplify matters.