Old Priest Ability

This isn't really that important but I forget the name of the old priest spell where it returned you mana but eliminated one of your buffs. Thanks
    Whole
    US-Nathrezim Horde

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Old Priest Ability

Seems like it got removed, dunno the name anymore

Was it this Blood Elf only one?

Consume Magic
    Requires Level 20
    Instant cast 2 min cooldown
    Race: Blood Elf
    Dispels one beneficial Magic effect from the caster and gives them 120 to 154 mana. (453 to 488 mana at level 70) "

I can't think of it either, I can't find it anywhere. Pointless but driving me nuts regardless.
    Whole
    US-Nathrezim Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Demoriel
    Was it this Blood Elf only one?

Consume Magic
    Requires Level 20
    Instant cast 2 min cooldown
    Race: Blood Elf
    Dispels one beneficial Magic effect from the caster and gives them 120 to 154 mana. (453 to 488 mana at level 70) "
    Thank you.

/thread
    Whole
    US-Nathrezim Horde

15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard added spells to different races when they were Priest, like the one mentioned, but today all Priest got the same abilities like all other class', so spells like the Draeneis' Hymn of Hope now is avaible for all Priest races, but spells like Consume Magic has been removed.

That's actually wrong.

Blood Elves still got Consume Magic, it's just renamed, and don't require you to stack up buffs anymore. So it's extremly efficient, and returns a reasonable amount of mana for free on every CD.

It's the best PvE class for priest after Human.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    That's actually wrong.

Blood Elves still got Consume Magic, it's just renamed, and don't require you to stack up buffs anymore. So it's extremly efficient, and returns a reasonable amount of mana for free on every CD.

It's the best PvE class for priest after Human.
    No, you're wrong, thats ARCANE TORRENT, Consume magic was belf priest only and was removed.

Right, but the old Arcane Torrent also gave mana in return.

Yes.. and so does the new one, but they weren't asking about arcane torrent, they were asking about consume magic that was removed.

Any reason you have to state the obvious twice when I allready said I agreed about I was thinking about the wrong spell? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Any reason you have to state the obvious twice when I allready said I agreed about I was thinking about the wrong spell? -.-
    Is your name Dan? Do you live in the Columbus, Ohio area?
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    It will be cataclysmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by londrieved
    I believe floating cities are exempt from Cataclysimication
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

No, European suffering from Insomia

Quote Originally Posted by 3OfDiamonds
    same here, and in all fairness, you did start the 'nu-uh thats wrong!'-ing so you shouldnt be surprised when people bite you back.

conclusion: you were both right, but OP meant consume magic.

- arcane torrent used to restore mana when consuming mana tap charges, without charges no mana was restored, it had a secondary silence (still does) which worked/s with or without said charges.

- consume magic removed a random buff the priest had and restored mana, this could mean losing PW:F for example, to get mana back in a tight spot.
    Because of this, I've stupidly gotten into the habit of Fear Warding myself every cooldown (just another trash buff), as I was using this in addition to (and then instead of when regen got high enough) potions. Or when I died, put a Touch of Weakness on myself and eat it for enough to Fort if pots are on cd's.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Both the old Blood Elf priest racials are luckily gone, and noone should be remotely missing them

I hated Consume Magic, it always stole my spirit buff, making my manaregen suffer immensely. Also, it only gave me 600 mana 270, which was never enough for anything. The old Arcane torrent wasn't a whole lot better; after spending 3 GCD's building up the torrent stack, then expending it with another one, you were left with about 180 mana per stack. Comparatively, you gained the same amount just wanding, and an additional three times that amound just standing around. It was the Hymn of Hopelessness of TBC, really, only more clunky to use.

And don't even let me get started on the hilarious joke that was Touch of weakness. It was good for one thing, proccing blackout on backstabbing rogues. It didn't even lower the damage on its recipent the first few months. The fact that noone discovered it or even cared is a bit too descriptive.

The new blood elf racial ability is actually quite excellent, especially for a PVE discipline priest.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Draenei Hymn wasn't that bad, since it was instant. A GCD for some free mana regen to 5 people I wouldn't bitch about, even if it was only 500 mana.

Deleted

Give me back the old Draenei priest ability!

15+ Year Old Account

I am glad Blizzard made the decision to give all Priest same abilities to make them more equally good, but I am sure most Draeneis etc., do think something else about this change.