Thread: Finally...

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Finally...

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=33476.0

    Glyph of Conflagrate - Your Conflagrate spell no longer consumes your Immolate or Shadowflame spell from the target. (Old - Reduces the mana cost of Conflagrate by 20%)

    lol finally

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Re: Finally...

    Im still gonna be waiting til the last tick to conflag on my rotation. so this is still pretty pointless, I guess it will let me get 1 more tick off. oh wait no. I can open with corruption, conflag at 5 sec left, and ... eh I dont know yet

  4. #4

    Re: Finally...

    This could increase the viability of backdraft and chaos bolt builds. Currently you have to burn a backdraft charge on immolate, whereas with this glyph you can conflag at a point in your rotation which will allow you to use all three backdraft charges on incinerate, then use chaos bolt at the end of immolate without having to time it around conflagrate.

  5. #5

    Re: Finally...

    It is in fact a really nice buff, and this makes not conflaging every 10 seconds pointless (and stupid). And you don't have to clip your immolate. Nice one Blizz

  6. #6

    Re: Finally...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deox
    Im still gonna be waiting til the last tick to conflag on my rotation. so this is still pretty pointless, I guess it will let me get 1 more tick off. oh wait no. I can open with corruption, conflag at 5 sec left, and ... eh I dont know yet
    Yep agree, if you have 5 points in Fire & Brimstone you are only hitting conflag at the end of the immolate duration. I suppose you could change your rotation from IM/CB.... to CB/IM... to allow the final tick of immolate to finish. I'll spend some more time with the target dummies when the patch has been released to fine tune another rotation :

    Skippy

  7. #7

    Re: Finally...

    Immolate duration 15 sec
    Conflag duration 10 sec(CD)
    Fire&Brimstone: when immolate has 5 secs or less left of it's duration your conflag gains 25% crit
    Glyph og conflag: Conflag does not consume Immolate

    Cast sequence
    Immolate
    conflag
    inc xxx
    10secs
    conflag
    inc xxx
    15 secs
    apply new immolate without cliping
    20 secs
    conflag
    inc xxx
    30 secs
    Start from top again

    Ofc, throw in CoA and CB whenever. With this "rotation" you should be able to keep 100% immo uptime and conflag every 10 secs. I guess some proper theorycrafting/dummy testing would be needed to see if this would yield better dps then waiting till the end of your immo duration, but I believe it will.

    It will be quite mana consuming though getting imp SL might be a good idea

  8. #8

    Re: Finally...

    i just came from ptr .... and it was worse than what i thought ..... i think 0/40/31 with conflagrate will be best ... lots of crit with the build ... just get more haste ( had firestone on xD no soulshards lol )

    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZcxczsgMq0sxZVcuVr0uVo

    the sad thing is that .... i had almost no mana ... first 2 sec i wasted 1.5k mana .... inc spam eats mana ... was on target dummy .... i think i can manage alot more dps with raid and less life tapping



    the new warlock summoning stone (OWNS) it looks cool

  9. #9

    Re: Finally...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deox
    Im still gonna be waiting til the last tick to conflag on my rotation. so this is still pretty pointless, I guess it will let me get 1 more tick off. oh wait no. I can open with corruption, conflag at 5 sec left, and ... eh I dont know yet
    Quote Originally Posted by SkippyTheBushKangaroo
    Yep agree, if you have 5 points in Fire & Brimstone you are only hitting conflag at the end of the immolate duration. I suppose you could change your rotation from IM/CB.... to CB/IM... to allow the final tick of immolate to finish. I'll spend some more time with the target dummies when the patch has been released to fine tune another rotation :

    Skippy
    LOL just lol at both of you... this will increase your dps pretty much. you can now use 2x conflag on the SAME immolate, so you have 2x backdraft from it which is awesome!

  10. #10

    Re: Finally...

    Quote Originally Posted by faranell
    LOL just lol at both of you... this will increase your dps pretty much. you can now use 2x conflag on the SAME immolate, so you have 2x backdraft from it which is awesome!

    and mana consuming point of view ... 2xconf on same immolate= 500 mana cost increase .... 2 back draft = increase in mana cost since u will lose mana faster .... more life tap = less dps time (even though it gives like 100 spell power with set bonus but still whats the point of it if i keep life tapping more)

  11. #11

    Re: Finally...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantús
    i just came from ptr .... and it was worse than what i thought ..... i think 0/40/31 with conflagrate will be best ... lots of crit with the build ... just get more haste ( had firestone on xD no soulshards lol )

    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZcxczsgMq0sxZVcuVr0uVo

    the sad thing is that .... i had almost no mana ... first 2 sec i wasted 1.5k mana .... inc spam eats mana ... was on target dummy .... i think i can manage alot more dps with raid and less life tapping
    I do not think that is a very good spec, taking conflag without backdraft is a dps loss, even if your immolate stays up.


  12. #12

    Re: Finally...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirro
    I do not think that is a very good spec, taking conflag without backdraft is a dps loss, even if your immolate stays up.

    the 2nd part of what i said was on the backdraft+chaosbolt spec ... backdraft really takes alot of mana

  13. #13

    Re: Finally...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantús
    the 2nd part of what i said was on the backdraft+chaosbolt spec ... backdraft really takes alot of mana
    Destro has always been about having good gear, and once you have good gear you tap for retarded amounts, mana cost isn't an issue

  14. #14

    Re: Finally...

    I'd say this glyph will boost your dps in raids by quite a BIG margin. 3 spells cast in 30% less time? Woot! And in PvP..well, you cast immolate, immediately conflagrate and wham! You can do some serious burst Whatever you guys say I am eagerly waiting for the patch to go live.
    - Hand: n., A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody's pocket. - Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

  15. #15

    Re: Finally...

    as i said ... life tap reduce our dps time + when they ask us to do more spells in same period of time it will be a mana issue

  16. #16

    Re: Finally...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantús
    as i said ... life tap reduce our dps time + when they ask us to do more spells in same period of time it will be a mana issue
    So, doing 5 spells + life tap with normal casting speed is somehow better than doing 3 spells in 30% less time + 2 normal spells and life tap? Really, mana is an everlasting resource with life tap and a healer nearby. But being able to cast your spells 30% will be a nice dps increase. Just wait and see it for yourself.
    - Hand: n., A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody's pocket. - Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

  17. #17

    Re: Finally...

    I cannot believe I am hearing a warlock moan about mana. Do you run out of mana often in 25 mans or what? I might life tap 2\3 times during a entire boss fight. Our set bonus rocks as well to assist with the downtime. We have a unlimited mana pot whereas no one else in the game has this...

    Its a nice and welcome change. if you dont like it - dont use it and be crap....

  18. #18

    Re: Finally...

    This plus the chaos bolt buff should bring the pure destro specs up to near affliction level dmg. The key talent will be imp soul leech as it scales w' your mana spent to rejuv it. It also makes the 4pc T7 bonus more valuable. The rotation seems to almost be 2 rotations in one....a base casting rotation of CoA, Immo, Incin spam coupled w' the cooldown usage of CB and Conflag. Its really two separate rotations that don't have to line up. Buy your glyphs now while they are dirt cheap, I have a feeling they will get pricey next patch day.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

  19. #19

    Re: Finally...

    They weren't joking when they said this patch would be our "quality of life fixes"

    This glyph goes a long was for destro builds. Now glyph of immolate works in conjuction with conflagrate and not against each other.

    If your mana pool and spirit can not support your consumption you should be speccing into improved soul leech and not fire and brimstone. Fire and brimstone is still pretty lackluster for a 5 point talent. If you have mana issues you can also throw out a in place of some incinerates, since we have more shards now.

    Between the bug fixes involving immmolate and conflagrate and the upping of chaos bolt, destro DPS should be heavily increased.

  20. #20

    Re: Finally...

    Quote Originally Posted by Prideaux
    I cannot believe I am hearing a warlock moan about mana. Do you run out of mana often in 25 mans or what? I might life tap >>>2\3<<< times during a entire boss fight. Our set bonus rocks as well to assist with the downtime. We have a unlimited mana pot whereas no one else in the game has this...

    Its a nice and welcome change. if you dont like it - dont use it and be crap....

    record it or it never happens .... u will always life tap damn shit alot ... it gets annoying to keep life tapping while others are casting spells ....

    So, doing 5 spells + life tap with normal casting speed is somehow better than doing 3 spells in 30% less time + 2 normal spells and life tap?
    lets see five spells rotation
    cor 539
    immo 655
    3x inc 3x539

    total mana cost 2811

    five spell rotation with back draft (lets say that u were able to do one more inc. in the same period as the previous rotation )

    cor 539
    immo 655
    4x inc 4x539

    total mana cost 3350 ( thats about 15% more mana cost )

    note this is without cataclysm which ofc every lock will have it

    u caculate how many times u will life tap in single boss combat


    If your mana pool and spirit can not support your consumption you should be speccing into improved soul leech and not fire and brimstone. Fire and brimstone is still pretty lackluster for a 5 point talent. If you have mana issues you can also throw out a in place of some incinerates, since we have more shards now
    good idea ... but i still prefer 0/40/31 since pets are getting more power with fel armor fix + crit chance is cool on that build which makes focusing on having hit cap + good amount of haste easyier

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •