looking for a wotlk glad. or high 2s ranked lock

first will macros help in arena?

is affl/healer best for 2s?

spell dmg V.S. resil. should i go dmg-stam gems or resil stam?

pve vs. pvp gear is it worth the loss of dmg?

armory me Søurdiesel Alt 0248 for the o

Re: looking for a wotlk glad. or high 2s ranked lock

Yes

Depends on your playstyle, but usually, yes.

Depends on your gear. Do you have issues staying alive? Then get Resilience

Yes

could you give me a good site for macros to start using and any tips for using macros you could give me would be awesome also i have 800 resil think if i sacraficd 100 for 100 dmg plus 100hp?

gem for resilience and stamina only. all you need to do when playing healer lock is learn the art of survival. u can try arena junkie for macros

devour is a must have macro.

basically if you live about 30s you will probably win vs double dps. you are going to have to work with your partner and cc. instant howl is very awesome
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

well the pvp gear im talking about is

Brutal glad. offhand V.s. Ward of violet citadel

Frostweave Belt V.s. Plush Shash of Gazba

Vindicator Band of dom. V.s. Ahhnhylde Ring

my armory is in my sig if youd have any other tips on gems/enchants would greatly appreciate it and thank you to those who have replied so far im just having a hard time not breaking even with wins/losses. would love to see a good Affl/sl or dest/sl spec for bein with a healer

by my gear what do you think the best comp would be for 2s im runin with a feral/rest druid but cant break 1650 any advise

So far on arena junkies the consensus is w' a burst 2's setup run meta. If you have a holy pally healer you can get away with 54/17/0. Some folks like 30/41/0 as the SL/SL direct evolution but burst it is not.

User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Get yourself a holy pally.

Rogue works too hit 1820 with one last week but atm arena is too dam bursty will see how this patch pans out

i dont know rogues to well what play type would i be looking for that would match my dps/CC

I went Meta Ruin, For surviv and a good amount of dmg obviously not as much as mages, ret and dks pull out but with a rogue its stacks up pretty well

The targets will most likely go for you so best is to dps that target thats dpsing you and rotate fears, Blinds, saps etc on the other player

what spec is your rogue? and you think he should be pve geared for more burst

He was Mut spec and yeah he had mostly top end PvE gear

There are obviously exceptions to this rule, but IMO if you want to get above 1700:

1) Haunt/SL with Holy Pally
    2) Haunt/SL or Meta/Ruin with Rogue
    3) Meta/Ruin with DK
    4) Meta/Ruin with Ret Pally

gem stam/resil in all cases.

Make macros for focus silences/stuns and team/self devours. Also, a macro for Demon Armor + Healthstone + Battlemaster's Trinket can work really well as an "Oh Sh*t" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Søurdiesel

1. Macros not only help, but are pretty much mandatory for any serious arena action. Things like assisting, silencing/Fearing/Coiling your focus target without switching targets, etc. are the difference between mediocre players and good players. ArenaJunkies.com has a ton of macros but their list is not exhaustive by any stretch of imagination. Also, do look at other classes' macros. You'll pick up some really nice ideas.

2. No comp is "best" for 2s. And the word "healer" is not very descriptive at all. Which healing class? Usually with Affliction, especially if you pick up Haunt, you don't need heals as much as, say, Destruction. So you may get away with a hybrid healer. Shamans and Druids are my choice here, but admittedly that is quite subjective.

3. Tune your gear to your liking. You will always be trading something off to gain something else. There's never going to be a clear cut choice. If your survivability is lacking (which the whole Warlock class is lacking there) then you need more stam and resil. If you rarely find yourself gibbed (or have a really good healer) then go for damage. Non-RNG damage modifiers are almost always preferred for arenas. That is, SP for casters and AP for melee.

4. PvP gear. As a caster, you won't stand a chance without PvP gear. You will be insta-gibbed by burst classes.

All of this is assuming you're no a "10-game-a-week" person. Honestly, I know people who don't even like PvP and do 10 games a week just so they get the gear. If you fall in that category, then it really doesn't matter how you answer any of the questions. Do what you enjoy! If you're gonna lose 10 games might as well lose happily!

nah im 68-67 this week tryin to figure how to get passed that f*in hump in the road

Quote Originally Posted by Søurdiesel

Yes

Its best but other comps can work.

Do both, sp/stam, res/stam, sp/res

I use OH with hit to be hit capped along with ring/cape.

The 2s comp so far that i've tried is just feral/lock to just get 1700+ to get ratings for my deadly offsets. Most games i just cast some CC and then some dots and Los and the druid rapes everything.

So did you try a new spec out and team?

What rating did you get to man?

well i havnt gone up any now im 82-80 for the week but i just found a new rogue who just transferd and hes geared as hell so i hope to do some tomo and hit 1800

Nice one

My team DK pally Warlock in 3v3 - We were at 1850 so we decided to play last nite, As you know how blizz matchmaking system fails we came against a Mage priest rogue about 7 times in a row and they took 100 rating of us /cry It should be if you lose 3 times in a row you shouldnt face the team again, I would rather not get games than get OP counter comps

yea what really urgs me is the fact that just last night a mage who doesnt pvp in 4/5 t7 was complaining!!! my god.... i was irritated to say the least he was saying that he hates his class on account "its getting old" and that he wants to level a new class but the fact that how mages are so OP in arena he is on a 1900 2v2 and he has just about no skillz all he does in mirror and sheep and his rogue just destroys if the rogue dies he runs and slows critting with instnt casts for insane amounts since he has just about 0 resil and how i being a warlock have to face all melee head on and they can run and throw a armor up on em but anyways im gona be running a badass feral druid rogue or DK 3s team sometime today idk how it will go but im getting alot of exp. from 2s and learning some really cool tricks i also only have my belt to replace for all the new non-set epics so im happy about that.
    one of the tricks is putting the teleport on the bridge in the one arena jumping down dot'ing up everyone then teleporting up and spaming drain life and nightfall is awesome but what kinda tricks have you learned this season? pref for the new arena with the elevator i can never decide how to start.