Page 1 of 3
LastLast

best Sartharion + 3 D tank? (MT)

subject kinda says it all but.. what class/specc is best for tanking sartharion with 3 Drakes up? i mean the MT is taking an enormus amount of dmg and for example i cant see a prot pala MT Sarth.

imo best would be DK but i dont know much of the other tanks surv vs magical since its kinda needed when u get 75k breaths on you.

Re: best Sartharion + 3 D tank? (MT)

Yes, I'll also recomend a Death Knight. We killed him the other day, and ours made a tutorial video from the fraping of the first Twilight Zone kill.

MT 45K+ Drood , OT Warrior and maybe a Pali for the Adds.

Got my Twilight Vanquisher title yesterday 8)
    EverQuest (2000-2002)
    Lineage 2 (2004-2007)
    World of Warcraft (2005-Present)
    Age of Conan (2008-2009)
    AION (2009 - 3m)

Nice movie. Would love to try this myself .

A good DK.
    (Got my title and mount like two months ago as our Sarth tank)

we have a warrior with sarthorian, a druid with the drakes and myself (dk) with adds, just use sacrifice / DS with 30% talent / Holy priest Angel (cant remember name) and we have found (on the second kill) that a disc priest healing the MT and shielding the 3 tanks works really nicely.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

We tried with all 2 tanks and all of our kills (4 of them) i have been tanking on my DK, only using the cooldowns once the second adds have come down and Sath becomes "purple"

All classes can pretty much tank it, but a Death Knight is the one able to mitigate most damage though talented abilities.

It's still a entry level encounter (yes, really!), so it's "bring the player, not the class".

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    A good DK.
    2 months ago... And you expect us to trust you after that ?

May I remind you that WotLK launched less than 2 months ago and that this achievement was first done a few weeks later ? -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Ektoplasme
    2 months ago... And you expect us to trust you after that ?

May I remind you that WotLK launched less than 2 months ago and that this achievement was first done a few weeks later ? -_-
    Im sure it was just a rough guesstimate, but probably like a month and a half ago, tops. If he really wants to show you up, he would link his armory....
    Conall the Undying - 80 Protection Paladin (WoW Armory not working atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Conall
    Im sure it was just a rough guesstimate, but probably like a month and a half ago, tops. If he really wants to show you up, he would link his armory....
    He's right, it was just a wild guess. However it's been more than a month ago, just when I had gotten my tank gear.
    Jûney if you want to armory me.

My point stands, if you want it the easy way, just get a good DK to tank Sartharion.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...aedenar&n=zimm

Thats the spec and gear i tank sartharion with, but i use a weapon with spellshattering aswell until vesperon dies.

Its a really good idea to get the -2% spell dmg meta gem.

Got my tittle little while ago with 44-45k ish HP, Feral druid.

SemtexJack: Oh nice didn't know it was a gem like that.
    There is no truth.

Just wondering im a feral druid myself looking to tank sarth with 3 drakes up on 25..
    i have full tier 7 and full epics pretty much at my disposal.

Question is what health unbuffed should i be aiming for
    Currently without the polar set im at 26k unbuffed health in human, fully buffed in bear pre aura im at about 45k and with
    Vesperons aura think im at 30k.

Is this enough to survive breaths with only shadron alive + acolyte.
    I am aware that shadron + acolytes + twilight torment wont be enough, but we have Cooldowns + dance for that..
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    Just wondering im a feral druid myself looking to tank sarth with 3 drakes up on 25..
    i have full tier 7 and full epics pretty much at my disposal.

Question is what health unbuffed should i be aiming for
    Currently without the polar set im at 26k unbuffed health in human, fully buffed in bear pre aura im at about 45k and with
    Vesperons aura think im at 30k.

Is this enough to survive breaths with only shadron alive + acolyte.
    I am aware that shadron + acolytes + twilight torment wont be enough, but we have Cooldowns + dance for that..
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    im feral druid too and in my "sarth" gear im at 51k hp raid buffed.

Any chance u can give me some tips as to what items to use.
    6k health difference is pretty large, have u got an armory link i can look at or some tips:
    pst i cant get JC Trinkets or the leatherworker enchants (im an alch/herb)

we allways use a prot warrior MT (10 man and 25) , a good managment of the CD's (LS/SW/Nigthmare Seed) after they burn the warrior just let's the raid know he is out of CD's and he gets angels/bubbles from the holy priest ... usualy the self CD's are enof due to a prety tigth raid dps.

IF things get out of hand and shit hit's the fan then we have another tank whit CD's up to taunt and keep going (feral or DK)
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    A good DK.
    Two months ago? on the 9th November? Impressive, since the expansion wasn't released until 13th November.

Now stop exaggerating and boasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    Any chance u can give me some tips as to what items to use.
    6k health difference is pretty large, have u got an armory link i can look at or some tips:
    pst i cant get JC Trinkets or the leatherworker enchants (im an alch/herb)
    three polar pieces filled with 8 +25 stam gems boots enchanted with +18 stamina.
    use anything with stamina dont care about dodge etc. I have only 35 percent dodge chance in this gear (down from 43)
    Armory link is useless because i have normal gear there.

I've got my title two days ago.

Our sarth MT is a drood. If i well remember, he stated that he needed at least 47k HP buffed to do it (after some heavy maths ^^).

The MT drood option is the one that don't need CD rotations (with priest cd etc). The trick is to lose the debuff twilight torment 1sec before the breath so you'll never take some 60k high fire damage. (The incant time for the breath is 2 sec. You must stop auto attack before the incant so you have the debuff, and quickly launch one or two abilities at the middle of the incant of the breath to lose the debuff. It is a viable tech, and once the mt drood has learnt how to take breath without the debuff, it makes the fight easier for the raid.

(xcuse my poor english)