Spirit of Redemption nef

With the glyph being changed to a flat +6 secodns, will you 2k rated priests drp it and go penance disc instead of a hybrid with spirit of redemption?

if you do drop spirit glyph, what will you take instead?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Spirit of Redemption nef

It's funny that I read this before I made a post on how I somehow had a "strange feeling" that this nerf was ONLY because of every ret pally/death knight combo crying about people being able to heal for longer periods of time after you kill them.

You know, since beta, this glyph has been nerfed now 5 different times. If you ask me (as a priest, I might add), it seems that the best thing would be to just remove it completely and give a glyph to Greater Heal to holy priests instead.

P.S.: This is yet another example of how I am sick of arenas being the sole reason things that are also quite PvE viable get turned into garbage.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted

yes.. haveing to kill a DK / pala for 2/3 times there HP before they actually officaly DIE, its LOL. Now the ONLY good thing about priests in arena has been nerfed... I predict we will now be under the warlocks Percentage representation in arena.

[quote=Fenixdown ]
    It's funny that I read this before I made a post on how I somehow had a "strange feeling" that this nerf was ONLY because of every ret pally/death knight combo crying about people being able to heal for longer periods of time after you kill them.

You know, since beta, this glyph has been nerfed now 5 different times. If you ask me (as a priest, I might add), it seems that the best thing would be to just remove it completely and give a glyph to Greater Heal to holy priests instead.

P.S.: This is yet another example of how I am sick of arenas being the sole reason things that are also quite PvE viable get turned into garbage.
    [/quoteIf I recall correctly, Fenix, the first two inceptions of this glyph were created because a Holy Priest's RAID strategy became: "Die at the beginning of the fight, and continue spamming free heals the whole fight; who needs regen?". Not all of them were PvP nerfs.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

See now this nerf doesn't really bother me becuse I havn't even used this glyph perhaps it's been used more in arena's but even the people I play with during raids don't use it. Guess it was a more viable option in PVP but oh well.

Heck even a few shadowpriests specced into this since they felt they were insta-killed anyways..

Though I really hate it when they have to remove the "fun" abilities (like you could be almost out of time and then Bam! back in action with a few lucky procs), I guess this one had it coming..

On a side note I wish they would compensate somehow when a nerf like this hurts someone in an aspect where they really can't afford to be nerfed at the time being. (that is.. priest arena viability in general this time I guess)

Things will come back around for priests in time they are likely going to address survivability here soon.

15+ Year Old Account

I know the first couple of nerfs during beta testing were necessary. I'm not speaking of those. I'm speaking of this one right now in reference to my arena comment. This is getting old. Arenas should affect arenas. Arenas should not affect Malygos.

The glyph was a secondary "oh s*&^" button for priests in a raid encounter, and frankly I never saw it as anything more. The ability's always been there and nobody complained about it then. It's just now because certain teams think it's not fair that the healer they just rofled with unbalanced, uncontrollable burst damage can still heal. Here's a suggestion. Take the dpser out first, CC the healer. Like you should do on any 2's matchup.

In an arena environment, game mechanics are not the entire and sole reason you are losing. Nerfs due to arenas states the contrary. It's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    There's a difference between being "viable" and being overpowered. The initial incarnations of this glyph were obviously (and I mean obviously as in the first time I saw the glyph I laughed out loud and started taking bets on how long it would take Blizzard to realize that they are freaking idiots and nerf the glyph) overpowered. The more recent ones were arguably overpowered.

Hell. I bet a decent argument can even be made that the Spirit of Redemption talent is overpowered. Show me another place that you can get that much extra healing, which comes while you are totally unaffected by the environment and without concern of mana, after you've probably failed at doing what you were supposed to be doing.

Guardian spirit, for example, only does maybe 20k healing when you fail at your job of keeping the tank alive, though it can be used every few minutes. SoR though lets you do many times more healing than that when you fail at keeping yourself alive, and can still be used repeatedly if you are soulstoned or battlerezzed and then fail again. Guardian spirit is a 51-point talent though...

I believe Priests were the ones who actually managed to convince the devteam to look beyond numbers and also look at situations where the spell was used.

Case in point, Lightwell. It is a extremely overpowered spell in terms of numbers, healing per mana, healing per second and all that. But I've yet to find a person who thinks it's overpowered, even in its wotlk incarnation. Situationally powerful, absolutely. Reson to shelve your druid and roll a priest? Not in the slightest.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    I believe Priests were the ones who actually managed to convince the devteam to look beyond numbers and also look at situations where the spell was used.

Case in point, Lightwell. It is a extremely overpowered spell in terms of numbers, healing per mana, healing per second and all that. But I've yet to find a person who thinks it's overpowered, even in its wotlk incarnation. Situationally powerful, absolutely. Reson to shelve your druid and roll a priest? Not in the slightest.
    Shh. Keep it on the downlow or Blizzard will put the axe to that one next.

"QQ oh God Lightwell is too OP in arenas they can heal themselves 5 times EACH and I can't faceroll them".

If it happens, now nobody will be suprised. : /

Fenixdown: Well, the good thing about lightwell is that even IF they nerf it to the ground, noone will care much

I've tried extremely hard to get my guild to use it. Yelling/RW macros when the raid takes heavy damage. Detailed guildforum posts on how to use it, explaining all the little perks of the spell. I even went to the point where I'm currently auctioning off an abyss crysal to the guildie with the most healing done with lightwell after every night.

I got my guild to use it. But mostly, they're just spamming it when taking microscopic damage, trying to get that crystal. But even by taking 50 charges, that's still not much more than 40k healing done over one night where your healers reside between 2 and 5 million damage healed. The lightwell saves me a few gheals worth of mana, but it's a drop in the sea. The only fight it's really useful on is Sapphiron, where its damned awesome but still not really required.

And I don't see anyone making lightwell better than it already is.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Improved Death got nerfed.

Ina pvp situation, I can understand how this can be irritating. But no self respecting PVE priest should have taken this glyph. You shouldn't have died. Period.

The glyph was too strong in situations where we had RNG on our side. Now that we don't have it, Blizzard will hopefully buff us to the point where we don't have to die to get high rating in the first place.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

I had no idea this would turn into a pve discussion.....

Lightwell, in pvp, is still useless imo until you get that resil where your no longer receive 30% of your hp worth in crits.

so lets leave lightwell out of this, i wanted to know what glyphs you will take instead of spirit now, or will you still stick with + 6 seconds worth of healing?

awe...no more CoH spam when SoR is up...as both got nerfed. with coh healing 5 targets and SoR glyph proc at 20%, it's easy to be up and alive on SoR form for more than 30 secs.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

I've never understood why they couldn't make certain spells/talents only function in arena/battleground?

They can, and the weird thing is that is sounds like that is exactly what they are going to do about DKs coming back as ghouls after death. They'll disable that for arena, but they will opt to nerf Spirit of Redemption. I'm not sure which solution I prefer, but shouldn't it be the same one for both these abilities?