Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Is vent really this important

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac
    So I was raiding last night, and i get this message saying if I can't download vent i can longer go raiding. Being silent at the time I was like WTF. This is my position on our raid boareds as far as my raiding abilities.

1. I don't fuck up like many retarded people end up doing. And if I do it's very rare which i haven't yet.
    2. I'm one of the highest dps in the guild. Usually poping anywhere from 2.4k-2.6k dps in a mixed buff 10 man.
    3. I don't die dureing boss figths cause i don't know what to do. I know all these bosses 3 times better than the
    the other people. I don't die on any of these guys unless its wipe or tanks both lose MC of the dudes at instructor.
    4. I don't need to be told what to do to make an attempt succesful. Just yesterday our healer for melee got killed by meteor. Nevertheless being a ret pally i started just healing and judments in order to keep our tank and people alive. Needless to say we didn't wipe thanks to me.

So yeah if you ask me if a player is good enough I don't see why I should be told i can't raid if i can't use vent especially when I tell them I can't cause all these internet companies will give us is dial-up. In fact last night all that was on vent was 2 people screaming on vent acting like total retards. (was still a great run though). FYI I was at my friends house. His DSL latency turned from 212 to 1200 cause they couldn't stfu.

plz give your honest opinion with some support. don't troll saying you need vent you'll wipe the raid.
    If I was a raid leader - I would use Vent. If I was using vent - everyone in my raid would need ot be or I would replace them. Sure you think you don't fuck up, but the times they change tactics on a boss - how will you know? They decide to try keeping a drake up, how will you know? Kill orders, tactics (Don't pretend that all the bosses have only one universally used tactic, they don't.) and general banter between people you need to forge a relationship with.

Without vent you are not worth your rather arrogant spot when they could have a member of the team in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadfull
    i dont really like vent becouse no one have the same version : :-X
    If everyone gets the most recent version, you wouldn't have this stupid problem.

same as getting the same version of DBM (should one person be missing it, on certain fights, certain abilities will be messed up.)

Just update your addons, and your vent. It really isn't hard. I don't know why this conversation about Vent is still continuing.

Communication is key for a big group of people no matter what you are doing. Unless limited by a disability (deafness) there is NO reason for you not to use vent.

There is no lag/latency issues with it, unless you have a cheap GM and he/she doesn't feel like spending the dough for a larger server. If that's the case, get your lazy butt in gear, and give em some dough for the server via pay-pal.

If you just don't "feel like it" Well... i'm sorry, but if you were in my guild, you would get a big fat boot in the ass. I don't care if you're the best player in the world, you will not raid with me. Shit happens. One person may DC, and without the ability to call it out, you may have everyone attempt to take over their job, leaving their own jobs and leaving them vulerable.

And do not tell me that WoW was made to be done without vent. If that was the case, why would Blizz implement a voice chat?

OP,

You seem, and claim, to be very intelligent and resourceful and competant.

Why do you feel the need to be such a "rebel".

Download the friggin Vent software, log on, and listen. You don't need to say anything in vent.

I'm just askign what your stubborn hesitation is.

Are you on a PC that doesn't allow you to DL software?

Can you not afford headphones with a mic? (very understandable if you can't, that's cool)

What's the story?

So wait, the OP is on Dial-up? ??? And wanting to end-game raid ??? WTF, man! ???

I am currently a Raid leader and Tank lead for our guild.

We *require* Vent, at least to listen for commands. All raid leaders, tanks and healers are required to have a mic.

Communication is key.

Yes the current content is easy, the next set of content I am willing to bet won't be and will be much more complex fights. (Think SWP for Twincest, Muru and KJ)

If you don't want to get vent, find a casual guild.