Boosting engineering by focusing on PvP aspects?

As an engineer I've always heard that this is the "PvP profession" and therefore the red-headed stepchild profession as well, since the PvP aspects get nerfed. I think blizzard could embrace the PvP aspect of engineering with regards to wintergrasp by allowing the engineers to make some money selling to players, adding new facets to wintergraps, and doing what engineering does best (on purpose (goblin) or on accident(gnome)): kill people. To do this, allow engineers to craft items that only function in wintergrasp, and have a modest cooldown (5 mins) to prevent overuse, but still allow the item to be useful. A few ideas:

anti-tank and anti-personnel mine generators (produces the mines, 5 min cd). This allows you to set a mine that isn't visible to enemy factions (except those that can find traps). anti-tank wouldn't explode if a player ran over it, and vice versa. For those complaining about the difficulty of defending the keep, a coordinated mine laying operation could help in that aspect. blizzard could also add a minesweeping vehicle to the vehicle shops.

Engineers could also make modification kits for cannons. The southern towers are usually ignored during a fight. Allow a modification that can turn the tower cannons into artillery launchers, increasing range (and reload time). thereby making the southern towers a desired piece of territory to own.

Lastly, allow the engineer to sell siege type items relevant to other trade skills. Such as a device that would allow a tailor with some cloth to contruct a net projector, that sprays nets on players until destroyed. An item that would allow a blacksmith to armor plate a siege tank to increase the HPs, etc etc.

I've got a few more ideas, but instead of turning this into a wall of text, here's the tldr part: blizzard could kill two birds with one stone by adding engineering items that only function in wintergrasp, that any player can use that add to the keep siege/defense aspect of WG.

Re: Boosting engineering by focusing on PvP aspects?

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire
    I think blizzard could embrace the PvP aspect of engineering
    As an Engineer, fuck that.

Blizzard needs to do things to dissuade PVP, not promote it.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    As an Engineer, fuck that.

Blizzard needs to do things to dissuade PVP, not promote it.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Professions need to stay out of PvP as much as possible.
    Nobody should be forced to roll engineering just to be competitive in arenas or bgs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Professions need to stay out of PvP as much as possible.
    Nobody should be forced to roll engineering just to be competitive in arenas or bgs.
    Nitro Boots were the ONLY THING that helped my priests get away from a rogue for a few seconds. Now that is getting nerfed into oblivion. If they don't want professions to be used in pvp, the fucking buff the classes that are underpowered as shit right now (priests, warlocks amongst others, but those two are fucked the most).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Priests UP? Have you ever looked into the top ranks of the arena brackets? You'll find Priest/Rogue and DK/Paly everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Chim
    Priests UP? Have you ever looked into the top ranks of the arena brackets? You'll find Priest/Rogue and DK/Paly everywhere.
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player
    Priest - 8%
    'nuff said
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nest
    This. Plus every priest HAS to spec for Spirit of Redemption, because only after we die we are able to do anything. I mean, c'mon even shadow priests spec 21 points in holy nowadays, how fucked up is that?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    If they don't want professions to be used in pvp, the fucking buff the classes that are underpowered as shit right now
    And while they're at it, maybe the professions. Engineering is a steaming pile of elekk droppings in PvE, and Blizzard's idea of "fixing" the profession is to make it a cold, hard talbuk turd in PvP.

I don't really care how useful it is was in arena before 3.0.8. I just want my 32-point personal stat boost, and I'll shut up and be happy. I could dump engineering to level a gathering profession while making money for greater personal benefit at 450 skill than I get from my 450 engineering skill now. How can Blizzard find the present state of this profession acceptable?

The PvE reason to be an engineer in TBC: goggles.
    The PvE reason to be an engineer in WotLK: masochism.

Sorry for the derailment of your thread, SavoirFaire. But as you can see, a large number of people didn't level this profession back in TBC to use it exclusively in PvP in WotLK. Bait and switch is baaaaad. Engineering needs to be PvE viable as well.

I did like your idea about minefield kits. They'd probably cost 100g in materials to make (for a one-shot use) and have a 30-minute cooldown if they were ever implemented though. Any engineering explosive must cost a fortune in materials and have an absurd cooldown for an effect significantly weaker than what any typical dps class could produce by using a no-cooldown spell or skill. It's in the bylaws.

Having engineering be the "pvp" profession would be surprising, since it's a reversal of their stance since beta (original). Many engineering devices are inherently desirable for PvP and blizzard has gone out of their way to nerf them.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    This. Plus every priest HAS to spec for Spirit of Redemption, because only after we die we are able to do anything. I mean, c'mon even shadow priests spec 21 points in holy nowadays, how fucked up is that?
    n

No, Shut up, priests don't have to spec 21 into holy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    n

No, Shut up, priests don't have to spec 21 into holy.
    GTFO TROLL.