Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing Gear List?

Hey, I'm gearing a bit up offspec (healing), so wondering if there's some scalar values, or a gear list out for healing, holy primary.

I'm trying to replace my heavy amount of crit with more spellpower and haste, and to get atleast 2x T7 for the PoM bonus.

But it's sometimes hard to check if my shadow gear from 25man is better than the healing loot I get in 10man. Overall, I try to get alot of mp5 and spirit, rather than intellect/hit/crit, because I'm allready loaded on these stats.

Otherwise, a armoury link with some gear I could look at would be awesome, preferable 10man only, as it's unlikely to get offspec in 25man yet

Thanks.

Gear:

[item=39514] (30 sp, 8mp5 , Wyrmrest Head Enchant)
    [item=40555]
    [item=41609] (Getting crafted when I get a hold of a Siren's Tear), (+15 haste)
    [item=39242] (+8 all stats)
    [item=39390] (23 spellpower enchant)
    [item=39519] (9 spellpower 3mp5 gem, 28 spellpower enchant)
    [item=40398] (50 spellpower & 20 spirit)
    [item=44202] (16 spirit gem, +18 spirit enchant)

Rings: [item=40719] and [item=40080]

Trinkets: [item=39229] and [item=42413] (2x16 spirit gems)

Weapons: [item=41384] (50 sp) , [item=40192] and [item=39426]

Any suggestion on what neck and belt to get? And possible improvemenets in the enchants.

Re: Healing Gear List?

Im stacking Just crit and i find it really usefull, i have 0 Haste and no gear with mp5.

All my gems are Potent monarch topaz. Raid buffed i hit 38% crit and i proc surge of light ALOT, tons of free and insta flash heal FTW.

IMO the only piece that worth for T7 are Hands, Shoulders and Legs.
    Head has haste, i prefer the Malygos 25 head.
    Chest has MP5, i prefer the chest from Noth the pleguebringer.

when im looking for a piece of gear i check 3 thinks.
    -Spirit
    -Crit
    -SP

if it dont have any of them i dont want it, but thats just my personal opinion.

too bad im shadow priest, like every weekend i join the dark side and respec =P

if u have time check my armory this monday.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&n=Failpriest

LOL, i fail at reading ;D

10 man gear.

Belt i recomend http://thottbot.com/i39216
    Neck i recomend http://thottbot.com/i39282

Also has holy u want Crit, crit and more crit.

Some of that looks like shadow PvE gear, why did you hurt your main spec gear so much? You seem to live up to your username.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Some of that looks like shadow PvE gear, why did you hurt your main spec gear so much? You seem to live up to your username.
    Windcape, I like you...but man, sometimes you can be a real douche. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Failpriest
    LOL, i fail at reading ;D

10 man gear.

Belt i recomend http://thottbot.com/i39216
    Neck i recomend http://thottbot.com/i39282

Also has holy u want Crit, crit and more crit.
    Actually, while crit is good, haste is just as good. I would recommend having ~10% haste from items. And you must truly learn to love spirit(yes, even after the CoH nerf...). As a blood elf I am also a big fan of intellect with the increased mana gain from Arcane Torrent.

Well, it's for a reason.

Hood of Rationality is the best shadowpriest PVE headpiece. And he gemmed it wrong. The meta gem is more for healing, and the second gem should be 19 spellpower if you don't want the socket bonus anyway.

And the chestpiece is unenchanted.

Not to mention a true critwhore healer would get [item=41376].

Now if it's a question of poor english, and he's saying he's holy as main spec, then it would make sense, but I still disagree on the gemming I pointed out

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Hey Nez!

Have a look at: http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t35208-w...aft_specs_etc/

Don't go for [item=39229], a holy priest would use something like [item=39388] instead.

Also i recommend [item=41401] for a healing spec. It's awesome.

Hope i could help a bit,
    Venara
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Oki, I'll look for a replacement of the Embrace of the Spider for my healing kit, it's currently part of my main kit (shadow PvE).

Getting Wisdom on the cloak as listed in the EJ topic will also be reasonable. Good read there, I just skimmed it so far.

It's mostly for healing 5mans, and perhaps doing odd 10man VoA or similiar.

15+ Year Old Account

I definitely recommend reading it completely when you have some spare time. Although i think you will know most of it, as i do, but i did find a few hints here and there that i didn't know about.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...dikat&n=Venara

If you'd like to check me out

Well, it's for a reason.

Hood of Rationality is the best shadowpriest PVE headpiece. And he gemmed it wrong. The meta gem is more for healing, and the second gem should be 19 spellpower if you don't want the socket bonus anyway.

And the chestpiece is unenchanted.

Not to mention a true critwhore healer would get [item=41376].

Now if it's a question of poor english, and he's saying he's holy as main spec, then it would make sense, but I still disagree on the gemming I pointed out
    this is my shadow gear, i dont raid as shadow, i dont heroic as shadow, i just farm and do achievements, also Hood of Rationality is the best head for Priest holy and warlock. its gemmed that way cuz i raid Holy.

and yes, sorry for my poor english, im from spain.

From reading EJ's and my own personal experience there is no 1 stat you want to stack at the expense of all others... what i'd suggest is to take as much spirit as you can from gear and then get items that have the most int/haste/crit possible (in that order without gimping one too severely).

My personal preference is to offspec as disc, in which case I dont value spirit so high and will consider mp/5 pieces where if I was holy i'd ditch anythign with mp/5 on it (unless it came with a nice whack of spirit as well) and value crit over haste.

I know you're after a gear list but when it comes to offspec gear I simply evalute the drops as the occur and roll on them if no-one wants.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Failpriest
    ...also Hood of Rationality is the best head for Priest holy and warlock...
    This is simply not true. Yes, it is slightly better than the [item=40447] but only in certain gear builds. Currently there are multiple builds possible and some of them do not include [item=40562].

Look at my EJ link (second post) for a sample build that does not include it.

@ Worshaka:

You are correct. Assuming raidbuffs you should go for 25% holy crit, 10% haste, ~2600 spellpower and somewhat equally balanced spirit/int. Personally i prefer having a little more spirit than int.

This is for raiding 25mans ofc. The important thing is not to go for one stat entirely but keeping them well balanced.

Any suggestion on what neck and belt to get? And possible improvemenets in the enchants.
    Emblems-Ebon Blade Belt, Emblems-Grobbulus-Razuvious Necks.
    Haste Proc trinket is hella nice, despite what someone says, a (priest healer, for what concerns me) should try to go for a mana utility trinket, and for a pure effective healing trinket, like the Worlk Spirit Glass combined with The Embrace of the Spider or the Majestic Dragon Figurine combined with the Illustration of the Dragon Soul.
    Stacking togheter 2 pure mana efficiency trinket is useless, unless you really lack gear for it.

(cba linkin stuff got home now and Im tired)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Emblems-Ebon Blade Belt, Emblems-Grobbulus-Razuvious Necks.
    Haste Proc trinket is hella nice, despite what someone says, a (priest healer, for what concerns me) should try to go for a mana utility trinket, and for a pure effective healing trinket, like the Worlk Spirit Glass combined with The Embrace of the Spider or the Majestic Dragon Figurine combined with the Illustration of the Dragon Soul.
    Stacking togheter 2 pure mana efficiency trinket is useless, unless you really lack gear for it.

(cba linkin stuff got home now and Im tired)
    http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t35208-w...aft_specs_etc/

[Embrace of the Spider]: don't even think about taking this trinket. If you want one, buy the badge option.
    [Illustration of the Dragon Soul]: more of a dps caster trinket, pass to them
    Theorycraft > You.

There's enough haste on the gear already to get GH down to 2 sec cast with raid buffs. Why go for a haste trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t35208-w...aft_specs_etc/

Theorycraft > You.

There's enough haste on the gear already to get GH down to 2 sec cast with raid buffs. Why go for a haste trinket?
    GG Stating things said by a common priest on another forum just stating his thoughts as DIVINE COMMAND and not even trying to find out what suits best your character, just copy-paste sentences from EJ and take them for Divine Law? K bye.

15+ Year Old Account

You obviously never heard of EJ before and don't know the meaning of TC.

Also i never said that those trinkets would be bad for you personally. I just said that good old theorycraft says that there are much better trinkets for a holy priest *in theory*.

Those people on EJ are mostly not just "common priests" or something like this. It's those people, often called "nerds", that create cookie cutter builds and BiS gear lists on a mathematic basis to increase overall efficency.

If you think you're way better with your own talent and gear build then go for it, i don't mind.

No reason to be unfriendly. I sincerely apologize if i have offended you in any way.

You obviously never heard of EJ before and don't know the meaning of TC.
    Sure, calling posters in EJ as "common priests" must have shocked you, indeed I have no Idea of what EJ is, I dared to call them "commons" ...oh please.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara

Also i never said that those trinkets would be bad for you personally. I just said that good old theorycraft says that there are much better trinkets for a holy priest *in theory*.

Those people on EJ are mostly not just "common priests" or something like this. It's those people, often called "nerds", that create cookie cutter builds and BiS gear lists on a mathematic basis to increase overall efficency.

If you think you're way better with your own talend and gear build then go for it, i don't mind.

No reason to be unfriendly.

If you cared to watch you'd have found out that by this *mighty being* we have:
    1 amazing holy trinket, crap for disc. Spirit-World Glass
    1 decent holy trinket, crap again for disc. Majestic Dragon Figurine
    1 very good for both Soul of the Dead
    1 Fucking rare impossible to get BoP trinket, soon to be BoE.
    1 Decent Disc Trinket, crap for holy Living Ice Crystals

This "nerds" if you want to call them states that 3 trinkets out of the WHOLE trinkets loot in wotlk are viable for holy, and 2 for Discipline.
    Indeed, Theorycrafting > Me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    This "nerds" if you want to call them states that 3 trinkets out of the WHOLE trinkets loot in wotlk are viable for holy, and 2 for Discipline.
    Indeed, I am wrong.
    Let's cut out that Discipline part, since this thread started concerning Holy.

And yes, i agree with him concerning epic trinkets. There are some blue trinkets, like "Spark of Life" that are good as well. Feel free to show me which trinkets, in your opinion, are viable for a holy priest as well. The only thing i can come up with is "Darkmoon Card: Greatness", which is not listed in the opening post yet.

15+ Year Old Account

Could you stop editing your posts all the time? It gets rather confusing :<