Suggestion for JC

Blizz should allow JC about 400 or 420 to remove Gems for Socket items... so if you use a gem on a item, then you find an upgrade, instead of losing the Gem, just remove and put in new item...

cause im JC 440, and i use a lot of Runed Dragon's eye +32 spell power gem, and i hate DEing item with Gem still in it

Re: Suggestion for JC

Don't you already get the gem back if you socket a new one?

???

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpockPinyata
    Don't you already get the gem back if you socket a new one?

???
    No, the one you replace is destroyed.

ya true, great idea, maybe add a 5g reagent to it and that'd be great

my suggestion would be put the dragon's eyes in items your not gonna be replacing anytime soon. Personally ive only put them in my JC trinkets for tanking since Im not gonna be replacing ridiculous stamina trinkets anytime soon.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

That would bottom out the market for the gems and put JC in a ludicrously cheap gem position.

So no - it would make no sense to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    That would bottom out the market for the gems and put JC in a ludicrously cheap gem position.

So no - it would make no sense to do that.
    Okay im not sure if you understand my point, im saying that JC about 420 are able to remove Dragon's eye gems from their OWN armor, and re-use it... thuse making the Dragon's eye soul bound... like JC only kinda thing...

15+ Year Old Account

isn't it enough, that JCs already HAVE some JC-Only-thing (hi @ the dragon eyes itself)?
    btw... JC is by far the most profitable profession... you can even buy ore in the AH, prospect it, cut the gems inti something useful and sell them for high profit... you do not even need mining to put out a shitload of money from this profession
    not enough, eh?

/sigh

and yeah, I'm a JC myself, I completly cannot understand why you ask for another "bonus" for JC...

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    isn't it enough, that JCs already HAVE some JC-Only-thing (hi @ the dragon eyes itself)?
    btw... JC is by far the most profitable profession... you can even buy ore in the AH, prospect it, cut the gems inti something useful and sell them for high profit... you do not even need mining to put out a shitload of money from this profession
    not enough, eh?

/sigh

and yeah, I'm a JC myself, I completly cannot understand why you ask for another "bonus" for JC...
    Tell me how you make a profit of JC?
    You buy the ore and prospect it? Well, you know that first you spend loads of money and get stuff that is worth half what the ore costed (Welcome to Hellscream). Me myself is a JC and I know I can make profit of the Dragon's Eye but because everyone else is a JC on my server it just isnt worth it because everyone will sell the eyes with a much lower price and Blizzard doesnt approve of manipulating the market (which infact is happening in real life, they just dont want it to be done in WoW)!

15+ Year Old Account

well... it may depends on the server, you're right.
    on my server I buy the ore, prospecting it.
    I got 99% 1 blue gem out of 1 stack ore. maybe I'm a bit lucky, but that's it.
    so I go 4 common and 1 rare.
    every "color" of the gem has one type of gem that sells for a bit more than the others, this is why I have to check the AH everytime before cutting them.
    e.g. "runed" for red gems or "glowing" for violet. solid for blue, vivid for greens.
    so I sell them for about 5-6g per common and 60-140g per rare gem (60 would be green, 140 would be red, for example)
    so I make at least per stack ~80-160g.
    1 stack saronite costs between 80 and 100g.

assuming that for every ~2 stacks ore i got 1 "perfect" common gem I make about 20-30g profit out of one stack ore to average, if I'm not THAT unlucky.
    assuming further that half the gems I cut com from ores I mine myself, profit is even more, but even just with buying ore, profit is quite good.

what also works: many non-JCs are letting me prospect their ore, selling the raw gems in the AH for a THIRD of the cutted gems... even the raw rare gems are incredible cheap. just buying all of them for 1000g (once per week or something like that...) and re-selling them (cut) for 2-3k gold (not all at one day, but day for day a few of the cut gems). profit for simply doing.. err... nearly NOTHING.
    there is no way to get more profit out of any (crafting) profession than jewelcrafting, if done right. even without mining.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    well... it may depends on the server, you're right.
    on my server I buy the ore, prospecting it.
    I got 99% 1 blue gem out of 1 stack ore. maybe I'm a bit lucky, but that's it.
    so I go 4 common and 1 rare.
    every "color" of the gem has one type of gem that sells for a bit more than the others, this is why I have to check the AH everytime before cutting them.
    e.g. "runed" for red gems or "glowing" for violet. solid for blue, vivid for greens.
    so I sell them for about 5-6g per common and 60-140g per rare gem (60 would be green, 140 would be red, for example)
    so I make at least per stack ~80-160g.
    1 stack saronite costs between 80 and 100g.

assuming that for every ~2 stacks ore i got 1 "perfect" common gem I make about 20-30g profit out of one stack ore to average, if I'm not THAT unlucky.
    assuming further that half the gems I cut com from ores I mine myself, profit is even more, but even just with buying ore, profit is quite good.

what also works: many non-JCs are letting me prospect their ore, selling the raw gems in the AH for a THIRD of the cutted gems... even the raw rare gems are incredible cheap. just buying all of them for 1000g (once per week or something like that...) and re-selling them (cut) for 2-3k gold (not all at one day, but day for day a few of the cut gems). profit for simply doing.. err... nearly NOTHING.
    there is no way to get more profit out of any (crafting) profession than jewelcrafting, if done right. even without mining.
    Whoa, prices are NOTHING like that on my server :P. Gems are dirt cheap on the AH; people undercut like crazy.

15+ Year Old Account

of course, not all gems are selling that high. e.g. 16 spirit (sparkling) sells for ~10g on my server while solid sells for about 50-60. but you don't have to take the cheapest gem to sell, do you?

e.g. runed red shit (dunno the name right now...) sells for up to 140g, some overprized geeks are trying to sell them for even nearly 200...