Thread: Heroic Ready

Heroic Ready

I am writing this to try and help my guild holy priest to start heroics. The thing is as of now he is the only healer in our guild and a good friend too ;D.

He is 77 atm, but with me being an 80 tank we run through HoL etc easily. Just came here to ask the other fellow holy healers, what does Heroic Ready mean for a holy priest. Like How much mp5 and SP he should aim for before starting any heroic and what other things he should keep in mind.

If someone can Post a good Raid/heroic healing spec it would be great.

Also a list of instance loots to farm(so that I can run him over and over to get the stuff) for and Rep to grind for would be great.

Thanks !!

Re: Heroic Ready

heroic nexus can give him a nice mace and some nice glives - free from memory

and it is a very easy isntance, gives 5 emblems as well

15+ Year Old Account

I'd really advise to spec disc for the start of heroics. It's much less mana intensive than holy, and AOE healing isn't really needed in heroics anyway. He probably won't have the spirit or coordination for the OO5SR Dance that holy needs to do in order to not go OOM. Discipline can just spam heals without going OOM pretty much ever.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    I'd really advise to spec disc for the start of heroics. It's much less mana intensive than holy, and AOE healing isn't really needed in heroics anyway. He probably won't have the spirit or coordination for the OO5SR Dance that holy needs to do in order to not go OOM. Discipline can just spam heals without going OOM pretty much ever.
    Disc does shine in Heroics, afterall AoE damage is predictable and glyphed PoH or even HN are still very strong in 5 man groups, and lets not forget the wonders of PoM.

The benefits of Disc in Heroics are shield giving breathing room against Spikes, Penance getting large healing down faster than GH, mana efficiency with less effort (Hpriests can be mana efficient but it needs real ability to play the 5SR properly).

The problem is you'll gear differently as Disc, so if you're building a Heroic farming disc set, it won't transfer too well to raiding as Holy, but if you're building a Holy set you won't be getting the most out of Disc. So I'd say let him stay Holy and learn the tricks of his trade while gearing Holy ready for moving on to raids.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

15+ Year Old Account

a) Sure, if he wants to raid as holy, it would help to train the intricacies (spelling fail?) of the spec.
    b) While there are differences between holy and disc items, both want crit. Holy wants more spirit (and haste probably) but if an item is better than what he is wearing he shall need it. And it seems he will do guildruns anyway so any healing cloth item should go to him anyway if they want to gear him up.

I just know when I started holy healing for the first time, I failed miserably. Not that I let the tank die, but I was OOM after each and every pull, while with disc I didn't have to drink a single time in an instance, well maybe after bosses, but still.

Oh and c) You don't need to be holy to be a healing priest in raids, disc is very fine too, just a thought. I'd say let him try out both specs and see what he likes more. Healing as holy when you really dislike the spec only leads to burnout. Disc is amazingly fun, at least in my opinion.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

If you just want to run heroics, Disc is a much easier, mana effecient, great hps spec than holy... I've healed offspec as disc in heroics quite a bit and a lot of the guild tanks i've healed mentioned how simple it seemed compared to our full time holy priests.

With CoH being nerfed soon we may see the community realise just how powerful disc heals really are for pve content.