Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Hey

    As posted in another thread (Link):

    Power Word: Life [20yd Range]
    15-20 min Cooldown
    Requires: Devout Candle
    "Returns the targets spirit to the body. Using this ability will sacrifice the priest and transfer his remaning hitpoints and mana to the target. This ability does not allow the priest to return as the Spirit of Redemption and applies the Weakened Spirit effect which prevents being resurrected for 1 min."

    What do you guys think about it? OP? Well balanced ability? I'd like to have it instead of the Lightwell or even Guardian Spirit.

    Q&A:

    Weakened Spirit -> Will affect the priest casting Power Word: Life
    Cast -> Not sure yet, i thought about 2 sec channeling
    Talent tree -> I'd go for holy 31 points or even 51 instead of GS / LW

    *edit* Added rang, CD and reagent requirement.

    Venara
    Tbh honest, I think its a good idea. Might be slightly OP, but it would be nice to add some kind of Heroism debuff for it. So if one priest use it, the others can't use it for 10min or something. That would prevent spamming of this.

    -My 2 cent

  2. #42

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    Guardian Spirit Calls upon a guardian spirit to watch over the friendly target. The spirit increases the healing received by the target by 40%, and also prevents the target from dying by sacrificing itself. This sacrifice terminates the effect but heals the target of 50% of their maximum health. Lasts 10 sec.

    Any decent deep Holy priest will cast this on themselves before using a spell that would kill themselves. The idea of a priest being dead half a boss fight is pretty much moot.

  3. #43

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    You would have a valid point Reversal, if the spell would do any damage.... I'd assume it would just kill you in the same manner Divine Intervention do... feel free to give Guardian Spirit on a paladin that does DI. I did try it and it didn't help one bit, the paladin just died like he was supposed to.

  4. #44
    Scarab Lord Izenhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    There is only one Legion.
    Posts
    4,055

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    Basically You kill yourself to ress another?
    I'm not finding any good reasons for this, even considering this is supposed to be an Holy tree, that would suppose an healer should die to ress someone else.
    Only good spot for this is to die to ress a Druid, with CR up, else I wouldn't take this.

  5. #45

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    I like the idea.

    You've also given me inspiration for a new shadow spell.


    Power Word: Transference

    Instantly removes the shadowpriest from the arena replacing him with a more capable class.

  6. #46
    Super Moderator Venara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    2,045

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    Well ZerooCool, don't get me wrong here, but you seriously need to be banned from these forums for a few days. Best part is you just gave me an opportunity to do that.

    You!!! are a plain fuck retarded troll!!! if you check my previous posts on this thread you'll find a lot of explains!

    to Vanera : sry for posting again on your thread m8, but this idiot deserved an answer for his ignorance!
    We don't like flaming or insults in these forums, bye bye (at least for the next 24 hours) :>

    Venara
    Armory - WoW-Heroes - Kirakira kagayaku mirai no hikari!

  7. #47

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    i dunno, me hu's been playing a priest for 4 yrs now find the new talents new buffs and nerfs difficult to work with especially the new talents from Wotlk. From wat i see of it a lot of classes are now kind of like "copy cat" skills compared to the preBC days wherin most classes were unique.

    My RL mate who plays Arms specc warrior finds it BS that classes such as rogues and Hunta's and soon maybe more now have a MS like effect. It was one of the only skills that made a warrior unique by having a 50% healing reduction.

    now i gotta agree that classes such as ret's really really needed a buff, as i a priest who has been playing the spec disc since 61 to 80 saw that they were EXTREMELY underpowered and i do welcome the new Ret pally buffs.

    However i think priest's will need something more appropriate to suit most situations in pvp and pve since i've always found priest's to be the first dps target's in pvp but the best AoE healers in pve. Now i think its enough that blizz gave us Divine Hymn which HoT's 10 players within a 15yrd range and incapacitates 10 hostile targets within 15yrds.

    BUT theres no more uniqueness since all classes / specs are overlapping each other in a way now jus like how Venara was mentioning

    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Think about "Tricks of the Trade" -> "Misdirection", anyone? It's a copy of the hunter ability that has been enhanced with +15% DMG for the target. Or look at "Wild Growth". In theory it's only a copy of "Circle of Healing", just as a hot to fit the druid concept.
    Im not sure what all of you guys are thinking but i think its gonna be one of those spells that neva come in handy during those tight spots since, losing a healer isn't cool id prefer losing a dps or just restart tha attempt people shouldn't be dying it's just that they need more experience during these tight spots and how to maximise their abilities, dpsing isn't just about clicking a couple of spells and repeating it, healing isn't just about spamming flash heals, tanking isn't just about trying to gain threat.

    IT"S ALL ABOUT THE TEAMWORK!!!

  8. #48
    Pandaren Monk Faithshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,754

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    Power Word: Life? Sounds more like Power Word: Martyr :P

    And I enjoy my lightwell thankyou very much, and my guardian spirit (21K greater heal crits are lovely)
    "If you look out of the window as a human being, at nature, all of nature is unconditionally and absolutely beautiful wherever it is. Whether it's a jungle. Whether it's a desert. Whether it's the Arctic wastes. Or even your own back garden. The only ugly things you will ever see when you look out of the window are things made by man." - Stephen Fry

  9. #49
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Myouren Temple
    Posts
    5,351

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    It's kind of a good idea, but the debuff the Priest gets will just be a major pain in the arse and nothing else, really. Either it should be longer, like two minutes, or else it shouldn't be there at all.

    Also, I think that it needs another word than "Life" for a name, but you're on to something.

  10. #50

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield
    Power Word: Life? Sounds more like Power Word: Martyr :P

    And I enjoy my lightwell thankyou very much, and my guardian spirit (21K greater heal crits are lovely)
    i agree, martyr would fit more into the picture than life.

  11. #51

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    Or Power Word: Sacrifice
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  12. #52

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    I can see it now...

    Shit I misclicked guys, rezed the hunters pet/ insert w/e you want here

    hahaha
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  13. #53

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    Wouldn't work for two reasons...

    1) Most people are selfish and when asked to use this ability would respond with something like 'screw you, why should I kill my fun for this retard who stood in fire?' You cannot design a spell that requires a player to stop having fun for someone else because most will not use it.

    2) It has no benefits in most situations. The only time it is useful is when there are too many healers to dps/tank ratio, when does this happen? This only happens for two reasons

    * The dps or tanks failed at a boss mechanic, in which case you might as well wipe and restart and tell that group of people to L2P
    * The healers failed at healing the dps/tank groups, in which case you would be better off having another ability to keep the nutters (e.g. I don't use bandage or health pots cause it nerfs my deepeeess people) alive in the first place...o wait Guardian spirit.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

  14. #54

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Or Power Word: Sacrifice
    both power word fortitude and shield are in the disc tab so i, personally, wouldn't call it that or like op said, life...
    but then again, i can't come up with another suggestion because English ain't my native language

    also, i think this could be a pretty useful tool for shadowpriests in instances (i don't know how well they heal)
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

  15. #55

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Well ZerooCool, don't get me wrong here, but you seriously need to be banned from these forums for a few days. Best part is you just gave me an opportunity to do that.

    We don't like flaming or insults in these forums, bye bye (at least for the next 24 hours) :>

    Venara
    OK,I'll try to understand this by asking : did you banned this guy because he wasn't another " omg I like your idea....I like to have on my priest,etc" and,instead he contradicted you till you baned him by posting fair examples why your idea " is not that new and original" how you pretend it to be and by that not licking you in the ass cause your a moderator ;D?!?,I mean how could he?...the idea is bad and I'll explain why: first of all, why would I want a 15-20 mins cd spell instead of another 1 with only 3? ; why can't you find Lightwell useful by giving examples like " it's to far way,I loose dps.." ( yes I read the whole thread before I post something!) which are not true?,ok here's an example that popped in my mind right now,about an old BC 10man raid,where I as a priest,loved this spell : remember prince M. from kara?,remember his aoe debuff that reduced melee HP to 1 and they had to run 30yds away,his SW:Ps on random targets ,his flying swords that attacked random players etc. and the fact that ranged and healers had to stay grouped most of the time without moving and without loosing dps?,well in those moments a nice placed lightwell was awesome because : melee that was running away from the aoe shadow nova could come and click it, the random raid members that were affected by spells listed above could click it,the destro lock that was life tapping and needed some back up heals could click it etc. and I, in those moments,was finding myself helping the raid by: helping healing on MT,toss some hots on some1 hurted by elementals hellfire,heal the MT healer if needed etc....you see, a well placed lightwell could do a lot of good and now,in the new pve content there's also plenty of situations where a well timed lightwell can shine( I guess your guild cleared the actual pve content so I don't have to list more examples)!

    Seriously, I read tones of insults and flaming on this forum more than 90% of the ppl that post here do that and did you ban them all?, not to mention that I accidentally saw a sick fuck retarded porn crap the other days ON THIS FORUM that made me puke all the food that I had in that whole week ( I hope you die you sick fucking freaks! no1 will miss and need abjects that can stand to watch and post that crap!) did you 24h banned those 2? Seems 2 me that you banned this guy cause you couldn't accept the fact that he is right about his point and not giving it up and you couldn't accept that ( well, that's your problem) and I agree with him : I wouldn't trade my lightwell for your spell because,your is a lot more weaker,not to mention 5-7 times more situational!

    Hope I don't get banned after being sincere and not insulting any1 in my first post ,but I felt I had to say this 8)

    gratzz,

  16. #56
    Super Moderator Venara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    2,045

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    @Elvisus

    First of all:

    Wall of text hits you critically for OVER 9000!!! - you die.

    Sorry, but i felt i had to say this. You could've posted this in a way which people can actually read. Please do so the next time.

    Now for your question. No, i did not ban him because i didn't like his argumentation. As pointed out by others people in this thread he was trolling, nothing else. He did not give proper examples, nor did he prove his point in any possible way. He just threw around some "OMG OP" posts and finally insulted another poster. See this:

    You!!! are a plain fuck retarded troll!!! if you check my previous posts on this thread you'll find a lot of explains!

    to Vanera : sry for posting again on your thread m8, but this idiot deserved an answer for his ignorance!
    Look at page 4 for the original post. This forum has simple rules. He did not follow them, hence the 24h timeban to think about it. Insulting or flaming simply results in bans. We did warn people some time ago that if they would continue we'd ban them. People do not listen and so we just screwed the warnings and threw out timebans as warnings. This was a small one for him.

    As for the rest of your post:

    We are not around 24h a day. Yes, there is more of us moderators but we are human beings as everyone else. We feel the need to sleep, eat, have to work, etc. The majority of those users mentioned by you receives a ban as soon as someone of us comes across it. Feel free to use the "Report to moderator" button. It will alert us immediately. If someone is available those persons will be dealt with, i assure you.

    But please understand that we simply can't ban everyone. Every few minutes there's a couple dozen new posts, we can't read them all so there will be people that we don't ban because we are not aware of them and sometimes they are not reported to us either.

    Concerning the actual topic of this thread i have to say that i strongly disagree with your point of view. Lightwell always was, is and (if not changed) will be a pain in the ass. It IS a DPS loss if a melee wants to use it. Clicking the Lightwell means being forced to switch your target (since Lightwell automatically switches itself to be your target on use) and therefore not hitting the boss while using the Lightwell. Furtermore there are always people who don't even know what LW does, thus waisting charges to find out. Or people who simply won't click it at all because there are healers around from whom they expect to be healed instead. It's not worth a talentpoint at all.

    Lightwell has made a step in the right direction (concerning the cancellation of the "Lightwell Renew" effect) but it's still far from being really useful. Currently speccing into it means wasting a talent point which could've been spent on a talent that is actually useful / a HPS increase.

    Hope i did manage to answer to all of your concerns. I'm not quite sure though because these damn walls of text are really hard to concentrate on.

    Venara

    PS: I healed Malchezzar solo in T6 without Lightwell! oO
    Armory - WoW-Heroes - Kirakira kagayaku mirai no hikari!

  17. #57

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    @ Venara

    First of all,yea the wall of text you are right bout it and for that I appologise, I realize it 2 when I saw it posted

    Further more I still think the ban was to easily given considering that the dispute was between them and basically ( from what I think I understand),the guy he insulted is just another troll ,just look at his post he is talking about constructive ideas( do you see any in his?)......not to mention that he is using words like STFU,etc that are really pissy,he kinda dared him,I think ( I know this because I get pissed of when ppl tell me to plain stfu without bringing argumentation...just my 2 cents ( now I realize I defended this guy 2 much,I should ask 4 a pay lol ,but it's really what I think )

    Now about "your" spell : I agree lightwell is not the best 31 pointer but still has usefulness in raids ( I'm not talking about pugs with nerds that don't know what the spell does ...just skilled ppl or the ones in your guild ) but we are talking about the whole package called priest here,if you know what I mean...can't be everything to good , yours ,beside it's loooong cd and to much downsides imho,it still depends a lot of a specific situation to be ever used...look at paladins they have divine intervention,which is somehow the same with your idea,how many of them sacrifice for others? ;D...might end up better if you change some more stuffs abuot it

    Please put some filters or something regarding the flashes you can upload on this site,if I see another sick crap like that the other days ( hope you know what I am talking about here) I wont be able to eat again ( those ppl that post crap like that deserve electric chair and I'll push the button myself, without any remorse if I'll be asked!)

    Btw the 9000 damage crit won't kill me, I have 19820 hp ;D,but I get the irony

    And yea,I solo healed M. to when I got 4 pcs of T6 ( but you know I was talking about those times when ppl were starting to do kara )


  18. #58

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    Lightwell is annoying me a lot still, but I find it oddly useful and worth the talent point. It's not a particulary useful heal, but it's a fun toy. Like Mind vision.

    1) It helps me being able to solo 3-man quest bosses easily. The lightwell almost has better HPS than I do.
    2) I simply don't trust other healers to heal me fast enough on Kel'Thuzad's ice block. Clicking the lightwell at my feet while cc'ed have and will prevent us from wiping.
    3) During Sapphiron, this spell allows me to easen up on the binding heal spam, which is currently driving me OOM.
    4) I can be creative and throw new variations of the "Lightwell up!" yell/raidwarning announcement every raid. This is actually giving me loads of fun, even though very few are using it.
    5) It is very shiny. How can anyone resist that shininess?


    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  19. #59

    Re: [Idea] New Spell "Power Word: Life"

    Love the idea, but i would personally change the Weakened Spirit into something along these lines:

    Applies to the priest after casting Power Word: Life and prevents the priest from being resurrected using in-combat mechanics, lasts until priest is resurrected by a non-combat mechanic


    Ie the priest stays dead the rest of the fight with no means of returning until resurrected by either corpserun or a normal ress.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •