Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

boomkin 25 man content

how much hit does a boomkin need to raid 25 man content?

Re: boomkin 25 man content

You should be able to get hit capped easy before your done with 5man heroics its only 17% to cap. Anyway with balance of power and Imp FF your looking at about 270-272 to be hit capped on that target even less if you have a draenei in party(if alliance). But seriously getting hit capped should be first priority gem if you have to.

263 spell hit will get you +10% and with BoP and IFF you`l have the 14%

270 hit as a Boomkin is ridiculous, your dps will be terrible.

I am always topping the dmg meters on boss fights as a Moonkin druid in 25man and 10man raids. My gear is crit itemized with 170 hit rating. You only need hit for boss fights, so if you gem your gear for hit, you are completely screwing yourself out of trash dps. If you really want to push dps on bosses, eat the +40 hit food, use no more than 170 hit in your gear, use improved Ferie fire on the boss.

Thats 6.5% hit from gear, 1% hit from food, 4% Balance of Power, 3% Improved Ferie Fire, 1% Draenei (if Alliance) leaves you as close to hit cap'd as you need to be. Eat crit or spell power food for trash to maximize overall dps.

Focus on itemizing every piece of gear for crit rating. Boomkins are very unique in the fact that they receive huge benefits from spell crits. If you want to be OOM and waste talents point on stuff like moonglow, dreamstate or even worse, spec'n into resto for intensity (ouch), then stack haste and spell power.

Raid talents are pretty straight forward:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

Once your gear gets good and you get around 32% crit unbuffed with the 4 pc bonus (5% crit to warth/starfire), you wont need dreamstate at all and can go Brambles for awesome treants dmg.

Wow at the epic fail on the poster above me concerning specc and crit!
    That's all I have time for now, Will be back to give an explenation but wow....

That was pure failcake.

I once drank a lava lamp.... It wasn't lava

Quote Originally Posted by Dishrag

ROFLMFAO " Raid talents are pretty straight forward" just stack 66 points in balance, bind all your keys to moonfire and face roll your keyboard till your mana bar is empty

I am always topping the dmg meters on boss fights as a Moonkin druid in 25man and 10man raids. My gear is crit itemized with 170 hit rating. You only need hit for boss fights, so if you gem your gear for hit, you are completely screwing yourself out of trash dps. If you really want to push dps on bosses, eat the +40 hit food, use no more than 170 hit in your gear, use improved Ferie fire on the boss.

Thats 6.5% hit from gear, 1% hit from food, 4% Balance of Power, 3% Improved Ferie Fire, 1% Draenei (if Alliance) leaves you as close to hit cap'd as you need to be. Eat crit or spell power food for trash to maximize overall dps.

Focus on itemizing every piece of gear for crit rating. Boomkins are very unique in the fact that they receive huge benefits from spell crits. If you want to be OOM and waste talents point on stuff like moonglow, dreamstate or even worse, spec'n into resto for intensity (ouch), then stack haste and spell power.

Once your gear gets good and you get around 32% crit unbuffed with the 4 pc bonus (5% crit to warth/starfire), you wont need dreamstate at all and can go Brambles for awesome treants dmg.

Long time reader, first time poster and all that...

This post is epic failure. Period.

You should always try to reach the hit cap (of course without gimping you totally, don't use green gloves with hit, if you have some epic ones with crit instead ), saying otherwise just shows your ignorance. Crit-stacking is also a waste, you will gain more dps by getting haste on your gear (as haste is a cheaper stat ilvl wise).

And what is this super-dps you are getting with your gear? A WWS would be nice indeed... I can pretty much guarantee you that I will obliterate you on the dmg meters (even though I'm a little low on haste atm). Get a clue before posting.

edit:

And I even forgot the total failure that is the spec you posted... You can take a look at my spec if you want a spec that is actually useful in 10- and 25-man content.

Quote Originally Posted by Murre

That was pure failcake.
    Agree, total fail. Its not even hard to get Hit capped, I have problem getting my Hit Down. Running with 9.72%

And stacking crit? Are you serius. What benefits, you get mana back. OOooh nice. Not like you ever have manaproblem in 25 mans anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SBS

And I even forgot the total failure that is the spec you posted... You can take a look at my spec if you want a spec that is actually useful in 10- and 25-man content.
    I wouldn't go calling other people's balance specs "failures" when you didn't spec into gale winds. I suggest you practice what you preach.

If you're a moonkin, please don't listen to this moron. Get hit capped first no matter what you have to sacrifice. Don't be concerned about your DPS on the trash mobs (lol). Don't have a retarded spec with 66 points in Balance. 55/0/16 for pure PvE DPS.
    "Casuals don't read mmo-champion, because they're too busy being bad in heroics." - Tarragon @ Earthen Ring US

Quote Originally Posted by Murre

That was pure failcake.
    and to think, he signed up for MMO just for that post....

Quote Originally Posted by Boomlite
    I wouldn't go calling other people's balance specs "failures" when you didn't spec into gale winds. I suggest you practice what you preach.
    Another useless moron. Put your ego away and stop trying to top recount on trash DPS. Anyone worth their salt is going to look at the boss fights only.
    "Casuals don't read mmo-champion, because they're too busy being bad in heroics." - Tarragon @ Earthen Ring US

Quote Originally Posted by Boomlite
    Yeah right.. trash is important now? I'd rather have my treants for boss dps.

Thank you to comming to my defence to that idiot who tried to rip my for getting hit capped(very funny). And yes stacking crit is stupid considering eclipse and our other crit increasing stats. Haste is much better than crit at the moment but crit isn't useless its just a luxury. If your not hit capped gem hit if your hit capped gem spellpower/haste. END OF STORY . And to that poster i only get beat on dps by dps warrs/hunters and do you do 3K+ dps with your eyes closed????

Well if you want to be the top dps caster if not top dps flat out for your guild, you will follow my direction. I thrown down 5k+ on Patchwork, etc, etc.

He may have a point about using something else than hit on trash, but then again, who really cares? Just spam hurricane and enjoy doing insane dps AND making trash damage even more trivial.

crit is the worst stats of all

hit>spell>haste>crit

this rule should apply to most casters

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Jeffreybang

Does anyone in this forum post Fraps clips or WWS stats? Or do they just blah blah blah...

For an idiot that shouldn't post in the forums, I average 4500dps for full Nax clears, run with the "Undying" title and break 5k dps on Patchwork.

I'll Fraps a Patchwork kill next week or any other boss at special request.

............................................________
    ....................................,.-...................``~.,
    .............................,.-...................................-.,
    .........................,/...............................................:,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Just for starters, I'm a total newbie when it comes to boomkins so go ahead and laugh if you want...

I got bored of playing with my warrior some time ago, and since one of my friends was playing on other server where I didn't have character yet, I decided to give druid a shot. After couple of weeks leveling as feral, I decided it was time to try leveling up as balance, and immediately fell in love with boomkin

So, I'm thinking about starting to run heroics and maybe raid too with my boomkin once I hit 80, but since I'm kind of a stranger with moonkin specs, I though I should try to ask for some help around here.

I always like to go with the spec that I myself want to go with, without paying too much attention to minor details. Right now I'm going with somewhat effective balance spec, however I've already been planning my spec for lvl80 dungeon raiding.

So I wanna ask, is this spec viable for heroics and raiding as well as constant soloing?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=000000000000

Note that my build doesn't have glyphs selected since only thing I'm worried atm is my future spec.