Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: DoTs and Arena

All I know is that if I could be invincible for 8 seconds, I could F' up a lot of stuff too...

Ancrawier

Blizzard added Dispersion to WoW, this skill helps Shadow Preists to survive from rogues cheap shot + Kidney Shot nuke (mostly) and Retardins Hammer of LoL nuke. This doesn't change the fact that Shadow Preists damage can't beat thoes guys after Dispersion wears off. When Dispersion wears off you start dotting your target, then it happens, some kind of harmful spell removing effect pops up.

Warlocks have Unstable Affliction from Affliction talenttree, I'w been thinking the possibility to get somekind of skill as that one. What do you think about it? It ticks some damage, not maybe as much as VT or SW:P, but if it's removed it could blast some damage to the target. Alright this won't work if target is invincible to spell (CoSkills or Bubble), but it helps with other methods that remove spells like Disspell Magic and so on!

Blizzard added Dispersion to WoW, this skill helps Shadow Preists to survive from rogues cheap shot + Kidney Shot nuke (mostly) and Retardins Hammer of LoL nuke.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No, really. You never played priest have you?

It just reduces damage... a rogue can still build combo points on you, and then save energy for his finisher. You got any clue whatsoever about how big a advantage that gives the rogue?

And paladins just can pop wings and almost totally ignore the reduction effect of Dispersion... or clean our DoTs off and then faceroll us afterwards.

He'll be able to apply seals and debuffs on us while we're dispersed, so he can do a crazy amount of burst the second it breaks.

get back to pve seems pvp is too hard for you and yours brains .

and no teaching allready stupid ppl don't make it smarter

Get the fuck out of our priest forum, thank you.

Dispertion is a very good talent...place all dots...and when focused...u will disperse and still do a lot of dmg an regen mana +hp...but this will be viable when the SP will survive more than just few seconds

the game isnt centered about 1v1 combat. find a hunter, play the bait and POOF! rogue dead

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

How comes bubble is such a problem for dot classes after 4 years of existence?

I get your point but at this time, where PvP is far from being what it used to be, the cries for nerfing one class, buffing another, change abilities which existed for years and seemingly have never been such a problem, are a bit odd.

What tools does a paladin have against spriests / warlocks? Insignia, bubble, heal while bubbled
    What tools do spriests / warlocks have against paladins? Fear, Dispersion, SL/SL, Drain Life, Shield, Felhunter, Voidwalker sacrifice, Healthsone, Insignia, Mass Dispel, Offensive Dispel

You have like endless ways...

The only which really is an issue now, is the burst of paladins and rogues not their immunity to dots. I agree with your survivability not being pretty good in the current state of the game.
    But I'm convinced that this will work out when resilience und spldmg increase.

btw: Rets could use an MS! And a Charge! I would also like a new dancing style for male humans :<

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xCyniCx

What tools does a paladin have against spriests / warlocks? Insignia, bubble, heal while bubbled
    you forgot 2 major things, stuns and cleanse. i hear cleansing dots stops them from doing damage o.O

The only which really is an issue now, is the burst of paladins and rogues not their immunity to dots.
    Are you retarded? How are a DoT class surposed to kill a opponent which is immune to DoTs?

Typical paladin cluelessness. Go back to your own forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Are you retarded? How are a DoT class surposed to kill a opponent which is immune to DoTs?

Typical paladin cluelessness. Go back to your own forum.
    You know that the immunity only lasts for a few seconds? Why is it such a problem now where it has not been in the past years?

A ret paladin in a double dmg setup (which is most likely due to the lack of MS) will always try to avoid as much dmg as he can while putting out the most dmg he can early in the match. I.e. he will use bubble early, normally right after you applied your full load of dots. The result is, that you simply have to survive for the 12 secs (maybe less, as you are a priest), apply your buttloads of dots again, burn the remaining mana to the ground and then watch him die slowly. This is how a dot class is supposed to work I assume.

This brings me back to a statement in my first post:

The only which really is an issue now, is the burst of paladins and rogues [...] this will work out when resilience und spldmg increase
    I will not go any further concerning your offend. It was you who asked for a constructive debate.

you forgot 2 major things, stuns and cleanse. i hear cleansing dots stops them from doing damage o.O
    You forgot 1 major thing, no one with sense would cleanse if he / she has UA on him / her. As the topic describes a setup affl warlock / spriest, I guess we are particularly talking about that one.

Cleanse also does not work very well when you get your mana pool burned in a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by xCyniCx
    that you simply have to survive for the 12 secs
    That's what ruins all your nice point. (I especially liked the use of the word "simply" in that context, unless you forgot your big meanie three-handed butter-knife of doom in the arena's locker-room. Me no like big meanie butter-knife :'( ).

Plus you forgot to count the ~30 or so seconds for the dots to make any wothwile effect, AND assuming you were too tight on money to buy Cleanse and healing spells at your Trainer (damned financial crisis :/ )

15+ Year Old Account

Also, how the hell should you survive as a shadowpriest against a bubbled paladin, when he hits you for 4-6k THROUGH depression, I mean dispersion?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Also, how the hell should you survive as a shadowpriest against a bubbled paladin, when he hits you for 4-6k THROUGH depression, I mean dispersion?
    Divine Shield The penalty has been changed so that all damage done is reduced by 50% in place of an attack speed penalty

Yes, that's fine. But we still wouldn't deal any damage whatsoever in that period.

And the purpose of a shadowpriest is to deal damage, not to be a boxing pillow for every single match. If you think that's okay, then you can fuck right back off to your FOTM melee class forum.

I have never said, that it's okay. And I won't.

If it's not enough for you, that bubble gets a nerf and that your survivability comes with PvP gear and not automatically, then you should probably reroll a paladin or rogue... most definitely you won't like this either, because you could see what troubles we have to fight with ;-)
    12 secs can be very, very, very, very short...

peace man, I did not want to piss you off... I just wanted to state my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account

What's funny and depressing at the same time: I played some arena matches two days ago with my unholy Death Knight (my partner is a resto shaman). Whenever I saw a priest on the opposing team, I'd go "LULZ free win". I especially remember a rather good equipped disc priest (blue arena set, plus some pieces of the first epic one).

I just basically raped him while his rogue partner tried to kill my shaman partner. I can only imagine the priest shouting on TS about how this fucking death knight with completely shitty pve equip (and I mean shitty, not a single hero dungeon item, the blue level 74 axe from the zuldrak arena quest) teared him a new one.

I stopped PVPing with my priest since my DK hit 80. It's just pointless. Yeah I can manage a little with holy, but I always was a shadow priest, loved the class concept, but it just doesn't work here. And I even have over 900 resilience with my priest now through all the 25man marks/tokens I got.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Good.

Dispersion is 6 seconds, and shadowpriest almost NEVER play with a healer in their setup. So I'd say there's a large difference.

We never discussed removal of bubble in this topic, and it wasn't meant to discuss a warlock+spriest setup in arena either. It's the whole problematic with DoTs.

Arena is have almost always, and current is, based on high burst damage. Instant attacks, and survival. The ability to deal damage while not taking damage.

But two classes, priest mostly, is so poor designed that they don't have any serious burst damage. Now we could say that Disciplin is the priest PvP spec, I don't have a problem with that -- I PvP as disciplin allready.

The problem is that Protection (both warrior a paladin), Fury, All druid and rogue specs (yes, also combat), is better for PvP than shadow.

Resilience works both ways, after the patch that changed resilience to affect DoTs something inside the shadowpriest died.

A ideal change could be a reversal of the change, or a difference coefficiency to let DoTs deal more damage on targets with high resilience.

The new dispel system should help alot on cleansing, but the other problems persists.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    I just basically raped him while his rogue partner tried to kill my shaman partner. I can only imagine the priest shouting on TS about how this fucking death knight with completely shitty pve equip (and I mean shitty, not a single hero dungeon item, the blue level 74 axe from the zuldrak arena quest) teared him a new one.
    Now personally I find Death Knights easy to counter. It's just that most people don't realise how powerfull their Diseases is.

Abolish Disease can easily reduce a DKs damage to so little it's not worth talking about. I usually win 1:1 as shadow versus a DK.

But I understand your point. Atleast next patch will assist on the shadow part versus DKs (Abolish Disease in Shadowform).

15+ Year Old Account

Right now I feel they would have to remove the backlash from SW and put the cooldown back at 6 seconds, and completely remove the CD from mindblast, so we could have a little burst like every class has.

This, and/or a new spell to remove dots from an enemy and do as much instant damage as the dots would do if they did their full duration.

A redesign of Mind Blast could be nice. But it would be a major change in PvE. It would have to deal less damage.

I like the idea of changing SW to have a lesser backlash. Because even with 3/3 P&S I still take a abnorminal amount of damage from it.