Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: DoTs and Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Now personally I find Death Knights easy to counter. It's just that most people don't realise how powerfull their Diseases is.

    Abolish Disease can easily reduce a DKs damage to so little it's not worth talking about. I usually win 1:1 as shadow versus a DK.

    But I understand your point. Atleast next patch will assist on the shadow part versus DKs (Abolish Disease in Shadowform).
    Well I had 30% chance for the diseases to resist dispells, and abolish only ticks every 5 seconds. Plus unholy has 3 diseases instead of 2. With rune tap and empowered rune weapon I can spam diseases and burst in very short time with unholy presence giving 1sec GCD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    A redesign of Mind Blast could be nice. But it would be a major change in PvE. It would have to deal less damage.

    I like the idea of changing SW to have a lesser backlash. Because even with 3/3 P&S I still take a abnorminal amount of damage from it.
    Yeah. I never use SW in arenas. I don't have P&S because I didn't have the talent points, and even with it every little damage that you take takes you closer to death, which will come swiftly usually.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  2. #62

    Re: DoTs and Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    They could make Cloak of Shadows 50% spell resist for 3 second and it would still be amazing. One of the main reasons rogues whined that they needed this 41 point talent as a trainer skill was that they needed something to survive AoE. With the new change to Feint reducing all AoE damage by 50%, it seems that that argument will not hold up any more.

    "Feint: Rank 8 now reduces the damage taken from area of effect attacks by 50% for 6 seconds in addition to its existing effects."
    Yeah cause it wasent the fact that an affliction lock could dot up at rogue and he wouldnt be able to stealth for the 2 hours it took the dots to run off.. And as many off you know a rogue out of stealth is really squishy.. Im sorry but they need to be able to remove dots.. If they nerfed CLOS to online remove all dots and debuffs that would be cool.. But rogues need to be able too.. It is too up for a priest or lock to simply dot up the rogue.. So he isnt able to stealth.. That was the main reason they got it.

    The problem is burst dmg keep the whine at that direction instead of whining about priests.. Oh and just to state a truth.. Priests are a healing class.. Check your class descriebtion.. If you cant roundhouse kick everyone in PVP there might be a reason... YOU ROLLED THE WRONG CLASS NEWBIE!

  3. #63
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: DoTs and Arena

    They changed Abolish Disease to work like Cure Disease two years ago, so it's insantly dispelling atleast one disease. So just hammer the button a couple of times.

    And keep running, Death's Grip got a too long CD

    Yeah. I never use SW in arenas. I don't have P&S because I didn't have the talent points,
    You don't PvE? :/

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv
    Yeah cause it wasent the fact that an affliction lock could dot up at rogue and he wouldnt be able to stealth for the 2 hours it took the dots to run off.. And as many off you know a rogue out of stealth is really squishy.. Im sorry but they need to be able to remove dots.. If they nerfed CLOS to online remove all dots and debuffs that would be cool.. But rogues need to be able too.. It is too up for a priest or lock to simply dot up the rogue.. So he isnt able to stealth.. That was the main reason they got it.
    Yes, but that doesn't prevent us from discussing about some of the mechanics around it should be changed. The resistance after using it is a problem, and being immune to fear while having it up is a problem.

    Those are things you could change, and the rogue could still go back in stealth without problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv
    The problem is burst dmg keep the whine at that direction instead of whining about priests.. Oh and just to state a truth.. Priests are a healing class.. Check your class descriebtion.. If you cant roundhouse kick everyone in PVP there might be a reason... YOU ROLLED THE WRONG CLASS NEWBIE!
    Telling a paladin that holy ain't his PvP spec usually don't work very well either.

    And Blizzard's class description of priests for TCG is "priests melt faces". (And I play healer in PvP)

  4. #64

    Re: DoTs and Arena

    I know the fact that spriests being situational and partner-depending in the arena.

    Though, I've seen some setups incl. a shadow which really made tears drop from my eyes... such as spriest / arcane mage or spriest / rogue.
    They put so much pressure an one of their opponents while being able to cc the other. From a Ret PoV, you are forced to use your bubble as soon as the rogues pops up / the mage has his first barrage out or you risk to die within 1 gcd. If bubble ends or is dispeled, it's the same again and you die in little to no time. Even a Ret / DK setup can't mess with this kind of burst. You are forced to defense from the very beginning... and if there is one thing that Ret is pretty much lacking of, then it's an effective defense apart from bubble.

    What I'm trying to say is: Get yourself a rogue or mage partner for 2v2 and just try out. I can't promise anything, but I guess this is probably the best way to avoid being dot-dependant in the current situation.

    I'm not sure, but wasn't there a skill / talent that resets MB cd? If not, this would be an idea how to fix dmg issues of a spriest and would not overtune the PvE aspect.

  5. #65
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: DoTs and Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv
    Yeah cause it wasent the fact that an affliction lock could dot up at rogue and he wouldnt be able to stealth for the 2 hours it took the dots to run off.. And as many off you know a rogue out of stealth is really squishy.. Im sorry but they need to be able to remove dots.. If they nerfed CLOS to online remove all dots and debuffs that would be cool.. But rogues need to be able too.. It is too up for a priest or lock to simply dot up the rogue.. So he isnt able to stealth.. That was the main reason they got it.

    The problem is burst dmg keep the whine at that direction instead of whining about priests.. Oh and just to state a truth.. Priests are a healing class.. Check your class descriebtion.. If you cant roundhouse kick everyone in PVP there might be a reason... YOU ROLLED THE WRONG CLASS NEWBIE!
    While I will ignore the last paragraph as the ramblings of a child, the first paragraph is just plain wrong. CloS isn't used defensivly to remove dots. It is primarly used as an offensive tool to not get feared/hammered/whatever. When you get out of stun, a rogue has another 5 seconds (which he doesn't need anyway) to kill you because of Cloak.

    I played a rogue in PVP for a loooong time. Dots never were a problem. You could always vanish/restealth in between 2 ticks, 3 seconds is more than enough for vanish-cheap shot. CloS was much more needed against frostnovas, fears, and all the stuff. Dots are easy to manage, and removing them with cloak is just a benefit.

    This reminds me of the pala bubble discussion as it is used offensivly too all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You don't PvE? :/
    Of course, I have all the content clear with my priest. But I wouldn't dare to step into arena or even bgs with my PVE spec. No 30% damage reduction after fear, no blackout, no 15% shorter stun duration, no martyrdom, no 30% buff and dot dispell protection. If I pvp I spec for pvp.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  6. #66
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: DoTs and Arena

    What I'm trying to say is: Get yourself a rogue or mage partner for 2v2 and just try out. I can't promise anything, but I guess this is probably the best way to avoid being dot-dependant in the current situation.
    Yes, but I won't even attempt this before hitting 1k resilience.

    So that's months of being a boxing pillow to get the weekly points. It's just not fun.

  7. #67

    Re: DoTs and Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    They changed Abolish Disease to work like Cure Disease two years ago, so it's insantly dispelling atleast one disease. So just hammer the button a couple of times.
    Putting up an Abolish Disease first and then spamming Cure Disease is better, else the Abolish will never tick. That's somewhat easy to macro depending on your targetting habits.

  8. #68
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: DoTs and Arena

    Interesting Didden't think of that.

  9. #69

    Re: DoTs and Arena

    Indeed, good point.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

  10. #70

    Re: DoTs and Arena

    shadow weaving used to be amazing, atm its pretty good for protecting yourself, but i'd much rather have the old shadow weaving any day :'(

  11. #71

    Re: DoTs and Arena

    Well, it's lovely to not have to start over when you switch target, but the dot-protection it offered together with Misery was indeed fantastic (except when you faced a destro lock and all those effects made Nether Protection proc several times for each spell you tried to cast).

  12. #72

    Re: DoTs and Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv
    Yeah cause it wasent the fact that an affliction lock could dot up at rogue and he wouldnt be able to stealth for the 2 hours it took the dots to run off.. And as many off you know a rogue out of stealth is really squishy.. Im sorry but they need to be able to remove dots.. If they nerfed CLOS to online remove all dots and debuffs that would be cool.. But rogues need to be able too.. It is too up for a priest or lock to simply dot up the rogue.. So he isnt able to stealth.. That was the main reason they got it.

    The problem is burst dmg keep the whine at that direction instead of whining about priests.. Oh and just to state a truth.. Priests are a healing class.. Check your class descriebtion.. If you cant roundhouse kick everyone in PVP there might be a reason... YOU ROLLED THE WRONG CLASS NEWBIE!
    You mean I should have rolled a rogue and never have to deal with a fight I dont want to, and if anything doesnt go exactly my way I could just vanish and wait for all my cooldowns to be up? Is that the kind of pathetic faceroll class you are talking about?

    Edit: The longest duration DoT a warlock has is Syphon Life, at 30 seconds. Considering he will be stunlocked for the entire fight and not able to actually cast anything, this shouldn't be too much of a problem to deal with.

    Also, if you would actually read what I said, I was only talking about changing the 5 seconds of basic spell immunity, it could still be used to remove negative magical effects, it just wouldn't give you godmode for 5 seconds.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •