Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: My locks spec / rotation

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    I know what you mean here, but it's kinda screwed; I wouldn't wanna kill a boss for half an hour, I'd rather want the fights to be over as soon as possible
    30 minute fight sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsore
    56/0/15 isn't really worth it on 25-mans, you can go the brainless spamspec a.k.a 0/41/30 which is in par with Affli, and also eliminates all the effort and trouble.

But yeah, 56/0/15 is great for 10-mans, people going destro there are just lazy slackers.
    Know what your gonna say before you say it,
    41/30 does not come anywhere equally to affliction, probably on a short basis fight,
    Affliction does the highest dps in 25's atm, and until ulduar where boss fights are supposed to be longer, affliction will shrine.

I dont think no matter how good your gear is, 41/30 will never pass 3.5 - 4k dps on a single tank and spank fight,

Take come time. research affliction learn the rotations, get the hit rating for it, and you'll see big improvement on your dps.
    Affliction is king, and until we got fights that last much longer, affliction will be at the top.
    Only time destruction will be topping the meters is TRASH!!. which is srs buisness

Quote Originally Posted by 3xxiled

Affliction is king, and until we got fights that last much longer, affliction will be at the top.
    Only time destruction will be topping the meters is TRASH!!. which is srs buisness

lol why would a longer fight give a dps boost for destro? It means more time for your 12% dmg boost and drain soul ticks.

Think destro sucks all you want, but I rather have consistent HIGH DPS than waiting til the end of a boss (wow thanks for killing the boss lol) for SUPER HIGH DPS. There is a reason most of the fastest patchwerk kills are destro specs locks

thanks everyone for you opinions and suggestions, i have thought about it and ill be running/testing with this spec:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...31051035031331

basicly putting a lot more dps into my imp

btw has anyone tried the rotation out?
    let me know what u guys think

What is your dps(Those that posted as Affl and Demo/Destro and destro)

I treid while ago affl on the training dolls, and I had 1800 dps after 650k dmg. In destruction I had that DPS after 120k dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by hypertesia
    What is your dps(Those that posted as Affl and Demo/Destro and destro)

I treid while ago affl on the training dolls, and I had 1800 dps after 650k dmg. In destruction I had that DPS after 120k dmg.
    Affliction does more damage per dps strange enough as it sounds.
    Also, pandemic doesn't work on training dummies so your crit is wasted on training dummies as far as your affli spells go (haunt crit :'().

Well, I went to my first raid yesterday as affliction(Sarrth 10 man).

I had 2.4k dps, but I read people get around 6k dps.. I know I can't get that yet since I lack few pieces of gear and my rotation isn't asswell yet, but 6k..

My gear:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...erhood&n=Arwan

Any tips to Improve it more?(I know I lack some crit asswell)

The 6k is in 25-man, where you will do significantly more damage.

I don't think any warlock will do 6k damage in a 10-man raid unless it is specifically stacked for him.

I know that I personally will never reach the 6k (except on Thaddius and maybe Loatheb), because my 25-man raid has no elemental shaman, boomkin or unholy deathknight. :-[

So, how much DPS should you have in a 10-man raid then? Around 2.6-2.8k ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deox

lol why would a longer fight give a dps boost for destro? It means more time for your 12% dmg boost and drain soul ticks.

Think destro sucks all you want, but I rather have consistent HIGH DPS than waiting til the end of a boss (wow thanks for killing the boss lol) for SUPER HIGH DPS. There is a reason most of the fastest patchwerk kills are destro specs locks
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hilas&n=Artlol
    My Armory.
    5k dps on patchwerk easily and hes only a 3 minute fight.....

People have their own preference between destro and affliction. there's ups and downs.
    People say affliction has got the worst rotations, but honestly its not that bad.
    Next week ill take a recording of WWS and upload them.

4k is very viable on patch 25 if you got BL, ele shaman, boomkin. Just yesterday I got 3.7k without either on the last boss in VH HC without either and that fight lasts less than 1 minute (cause my infernal was still alive) so if I can get some DS ticks in it might be getting up to 4.5k if you got the gear for it.

In a 10 man..running 41-30 I can pull 3k to 4k throughout naxx pretty consistently. You have to remeber on which boss fights to use fel and which to use imp.