Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Onyxia solod by mage on live

Hello, as you may or may not know, Faxmonkey solod Onyxia on the PTR recently. Shortly after that, Dezu on Dunemaul EU did the same (using a different tactic since Faxmonkey's method relies on the PTR talents) on live. It inspired me to try as well. I didn't have herbalism (like Dezu, cough) but I further improved his spec and succeeded shortly thereafter. Then I did it again the next reset and recorded it. =)

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=98355

I'm but an amateur at moviecrafting but I hope you'll like it. The tactics and stuff are at http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....39774573&sid=1 or at http://onyxia.enquillion.com/

Thank you for your time and remember to make fun of rogues. =)

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Onyxia solod by mage on live

Damn, really nicely done!

Respect

Grats.

15+ Year Old Account

Very impressive.

Good work!

is the swedish band called bobby? or something more than just bobby? ;P

It's doable and really fun, if you're a mage, do it!

here's my killshot

the build I used: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...h=000000000000

I used
    t3 (1 minute evocation!!), t4 (no frostbolt interrupts), t6 (more evoc) and t7 (more mana!) 2-piece bonuses

evoc, frostarmor and frostbolt glyphs
    Champion of the Naaru Hand of A'dal Ambassador Elder Merrymaker Chef Knight-Lieutenant Korred, the red mage, of the Nightfall, the Twilight Vanquisher, the Explorer, the Hallowed, the Argent Champion, Guardian of Cenarius, Jenkins, the Undying.

Don't be afraid of the end of the world (of warcraft). Be afraid of the unlived life.

Congrats

/Salutes you

so this mean that zg might be soloable as well =D
    Global warming in Azeroth is serious business. They have melted and seek to flood the world! The Ice Stone has melted!- Kisirani (Blizzard Epic Realm Error "Love is in the Air" Event 2009)

Very nice work
    Level 80 Prot Warrior - Higath
    Level 80 Disc Priest - Sodic
    Level 80 Ret Pally - Kanali

Hey, this means that blizzard can introduce the solo killing of onyxia back as an achivement! Woohoo!

(they took it out cus mages were the only class that "couldnt" do it)
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Wow, that's very impressive.

Very impressive. One question: How did you get a water elemental without the talent for it?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    Very impressive. One question: How did you get a water elemental without the talent for it?
    I did it without the water elemental.

Mirror Images + Invisibility + Blink + Evocation

and Icy Veins + Evocation

and if nothing else was up: Mana Shield, Ice Barrier to have Evocation run as long as possible.

Due to t3-2piece bonus and the arcane talents of 3.0.8 I used, I got the Evocation CD down to 1 minute.
    Champion of the Naaru Hand of A'dal Ambassador Elder Merrymaker Chef Knight-Lieutenant Korred, the red mage, of the Nightfall, the Twilight Vanquisher, the Explorer, the Hallowed, the Argent Champion, Guardian of Cenarius, Jenkins, the Undying.

Don't be afraid of the end of the world (of warcraft). Be afraid of the unlived life.

Deleted

Is this something new? Soloing Onyxia? Sure a friend of mine solo'ed her as a Holy Pally and this was a mage, but it has already been done! She had done it twice already.

Good job nonetheless.

Is this something new? Soloing Onyxia? Sure a friend of mine solo'ed her as a Holy Pally and this was a mage, but it has already been done! She had done it twice already.
    Yeah Onyxia has been solo'd plenty of times for quite a while now, but it's a whole different ballgame when you play a class that has almost no healing capabilities.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

will certainly try this

Mages are a touch squishy. Almost every class has tricks to get around their squishy factor, but mages only have a shield that is on cooldowns or drains their mana and have no real way of healing, aside from glyphed evocate.

That is what makes this a feat...not that this was anywhere near one of the first people of any class to do it, which clearly is not the case. Huge grats though. I always hated trying to solo stuff on my mage that couldn't be slowed...let alone a raid boss

Quote Originally Posted by Darrkh
    Hey, this means that blizzard can introduce the solo killing of onyxia back as an achivement! Woohoo!

(they took it out cus mages were the only class that "couldnt" do it)
    Can rogues solo her? I know i've been soloing her for quite a while as a DK but... that's just a little different. Very impressive that a mage can solo her. She used to drop 160-190g, another 15g in items and an 18 solt bag (had her drop 2 bags a couple of times). Now she only drops about 50-60g, items and a bag but if you compare that to daily quests she is definitely worth doing every reset. ZG bosses got nurfed into the ground but Bijous sell well on my server so i still run through there every week for the mount bosses (mandokir and tony the tiger).
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

i just want to know what is the addons used to show the cooldowns bars???? thx a lot in advance

and Gratz for your solo onyx

Quote Originally Posted by Korred
    I did it without the water elemental.

Mirror Images + Invisibility + Blink + Evocation

and Icy Veins + Evocation

and if nothing else was up: Mana Shield, Ice Barrier to have Evocation run as long as possible.

Due to t3-2piece bonus and the arcane talents of 3.0.8 I used, I got the Evocation CD down to 1 minute.
    Look at time stamp 1:14. What is that green, water-elemental shaped thing shooting at onyxia? Look again at 2:10, there it is again. Again at 6:05 (and probably in between), at 7:40 it comes running toward you. Is that video not of you? What the hell is that thing if it's not a water elemental? I can see your mirror images, but I can also plainly see in the video link http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=98355 more than 1 water elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.