Holy paladin 2v2 arena

Hello all,

I have some questions regarding holy paladins in 2v2. First up is what talent build to go with. I'm looking at something like this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxAbxhzGVuG0RoZVcbxrh0b
    Any thoughts on this? My main concern is not getting kings, which gives 10% more stamina and thus more survivability, but it's a lot of points to take out of either tree.

Second up is what kind of gear/stats to go for. I know PvP is about survivability most of the time, but for a healer, that can come in two ways: increasing stamina/resilience or increasing healing power. As of now I've got my hands on about 7 pieces of PvP gear, which boosts my stamina and resilience, but it reduces spell power by 200 and crit chance by about 4%. How much should I sacrifice healing power for health and resilience?

Re: Holy paladin 2v2 arena

Who are you playing with I think that is quite significant for what build you should make.

You can try to go to www.arenajunkies.com and lookup some of the healer paladins and their builds, there is few different builds that suits different play styles.

This I think is like the most popular build atm: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Korgath&n=Xolt

Its much depending on who you're playing with.

For starters , kings is way to expensive now, up from 1 to 5 points. In my opinion it isnt worth it at all.

One more thing you could spare is the 2 points on improved blessings of might and maybe put them on the pure of heart instead.

Also , i really think you should max out Holy Guidance. Feel free to look me up on armory , although im not fully satisfied with my spec atm but atleast it took me to 2050 rating without any breathtaking games.

I also like sacred cleansing , but hey its just me

Look at the trees and chose carefully , try imagine situations in the arena that might come up more often that others. "What can I do in this tree to help me survive this situation and make the best of it?"

Thats what I did.

Good luck

/Lennarth

I am thinking of Going Holy due to the shortage of healers in the game at the moment. But my focus would be pvp rather than pve.

I will stay tanking at the moment and farm honor the best way I can but what do u reconmend I get to help me get on the ladder quicker?

I am a Blacksmith and Miner. I have a good contact of friends who can help out but anything you would reconmend?

Quote Originally Posted by Judgementus
    I am thinking of Going Holy due to the shortage of healers in the game at the moment. But my focus would be pvp rather than pve.

I will stay tanking at the moment and farm honor the best way I can but what do u reconmend I get to help me get on the ladder quicker?

I am a Blacksmith and Miner. I have a good contact of friends who can help out but anything you would reconmend?
    Normally, I try and shoot for as much as 10k honor per day. I'd do the Win Wintergrasp daily (1.2k), along with the other 2 Wintergrasp pvp dailies (now at 3.6k). Winning Wintergrasp itself will get you an additional 2k if you get there from the beginning. After that, just go to AV 5 times and you'll get 10k. Every 3-4 days should get at least one piece of PvP equipment.

Keep the Blacksmithing, you'll need the 3 extra sockets.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxAbxhdGVuGxRzacbVb

These days, in healer teams, then survivability>all
    Divine Guardian+HoSac = 60% damage reduction on your teammate for 12 seconds. And when most teams rely on killing you in as little time as possible, those 12 seconds are crucial to them.

Me and my friend met a dual arcane mage team that lost to us due to the fact that i did that. They almost managed to kill him with 60% dmg reduction and me spamhealing.

Good thing about paladins now is that we bring survivability to the team, not only ourselves! Take advantage of it and dont go offensive builds. I got 1700 with 183 resilience/1600 SP with a BM hunter.

Ok Thanks, I will look at the builds and see what is best...I have looked at a few and have yet to completely read the arena junkies website.

I know i need more honor and try and attend Winters Grasp when its on as i find it really fun compared to other pvp experiances.

I played Holy in all seasons last time around at 70 so kinda know what i am doing but all this talk about "the Season of Burst" has kinda left me thinking Gem for Stamina?

I am getting Savage Shoulders Tuesday and Gloves due to points stacking up but I need to get new non set epics. I have lvl 70 Veng PvP Holy Gear + non set epics atm.

Anyone reconmend any good weapons as alot of threads talk about the best weapons being in pve for pvp damage/healing.

1. This spec with preferences: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=000000000000

or http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=000000000000

as it's already said surv > all... but what class are you playing with? but anyway the 2nd spec is rly great for 2's - belieave me, managed to get +2k with TG warri/arms warri and a mut/prep rogue^^ and when it comesup to survival... rep is just a great cc^^ to get distance, cc-chain or stop dmg for at least a few secs... and since arena is just brust game of 5 secs... 6 sec rep (even if it's just for interrupting a spell) is gamebreaking in nowadays :x

anyway i've been playing in full pve gear, but full pvp gear makes it a lil easier in higher brackets - depending on your enemies, dps/healer = pve > pvp gear and for double dps = pvp > pve... so deal with what you got :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennarth
    Its much depending on who you're playing with.

For starters , kings is way to expensive now, up from 1 to 5 points. In my opinion it isnt worth it at all.
    I disagree completely about Kings. For pve it's a waste, let your ret paladins pick it up.

But as far as Arena goes, it's a mistake to NOT take kings. Kings can give you such a leg up on any arena team, be it 2v2 or 5v5. The 10% increase is huge in arena in my opinion. It's the only time I think a holy paladin should consider speccing into it.

What you have to come to understand is that a pve spec won't work out all that great in competitive arena [aka at LEAST 2k or higher rating].

So you have to figure out what your focus is going to be on. If you stick with a PVE build for Arena, unless you and your partner are exceptional players, you'll probably stall out around the 1800-1900 mark. You almost -have- to spec into pvp talents just for survivability, thus gimping yourself for pve healing [for raids anyways].

This is why so many people are looking forward to duel spec. 1 for pvp and 1 for pve or 2 for pvp and 2 for pve, whatev. But I think arena will be getting a bit more competitive after the duel spec feature is finally released.