Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Consumable DPS increase

So, anyway, I'm only able to pull about 4500-4600 on Patchwerk without any consumables, yet I'm seeing Priests in equal/less gear pull upwards of ~4800.
    At the moment, I have 2417 static (Illustration of the Dragon Soul) spell power. Our raid has no Elemental Shaman, so I'm losing ~80 spell power from Totem of Wrath. I have 16% crit and 477 (14.5%) haste. My spell priority is obviously fine. One of the Shadow Priests I'm comparing with has roughly the same gear I do (a bit less), but he replaces the Illustration with a second spell power proc trinket. His DPS is nearly 4900. I lost the WWS, unfortunately.

My DoT uptime is around 96%. I'm losing a few ticks of Vampiric Touch, but it's usually better to lose that portion of a second getting a Mind Flay tick off than it is to wait a second, doing nothing, so I don't clip VT.

Exactly how much does a flask, food, and popping a potion increase DPS by? It seems unrealistic to think it would increase it by that much.

Re: Consumable DPS increase

Exactly how much does a flask, food, and popping a potion increase DPS by? It seems unrealistic to think it would increase it by that much.
    About 200 to 300 DPS.

+125 Spellpower from Frost Wyrm Flask is nothing to skip.
    +46 Spellpower food buff?

You're missing out on 161 Spellpower.

It all depends now on how he is gemmed and geared. Also, IotDS is the top trinket. Do you start the fight by chain casting levitate to get your 10 stacks of the trinket before your initial cast?

How do you start your cast rotation? Do you Vamp Touch, Devouring Plague, Mind Blast and Inner Focus-SW then cast SW:Pain for a 5 stack of weaving and hopefully have a crit for Spirit Tap and Glyph of Shadow?

Are your glyphs the same as his?

There's alot of shit that can factor in. If you have the same gear and glyphs... then it will probably boil down to cast sequence. If you find yourself with 1-2s of non-casting, cast SWeath if the encounter permits for filler. No point in casting Mind Flay for one tick and get 1800-4000 when you can SW and get 4000-8000.

15+ Year Old Account

There can be many minor things that can affect it. First it might be how good your internet connection is, because lesser good internetconnection means you might lose some precouis seconds when switching from casting to another cast (Quartz can help you here). Second it can also be if you let your Mind Flay tick 3 times before switching to Mind Blast, but it shouldn't be a problem and mostly people know it. Third... dunno here ;S

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    So, anyway, I'm only able to pull about 4500-4600 on Patchwerk without any consumables, yet I'm seeing Priests in equal/less gear pull upwards of ~4800.
    At the moment, I have 2417 static (Illustration of the Dragon Soul) spell power. Our raid has no Elemental Shaman, so I'm losing ~80 spell power from Totem of Wrath. I have 16% crit and 477 (14.5%) haste. My spell priority is obviously fine. One of the Shadow Priests I'm comparing with has roughly the same gear I do (a bit less), but he replaces the Illustration with a second spell power proc trinket. His DPS is nearly 4900. I lost the WWS, unfortunately.

My DoT uptime is around 96%. I'm losing a few ticks of Vampiric Touch, but it's usually better to lose that portion of a second getting a Mind Flay tick off than it is to wait a second, doing nothing, so I don't clip VT.

First of all I would highly recommend getting the addon Drdamage / Drdmg (Cant remeber the way it was written like). This way you can always see how much your dots will do dmg wise at any point in a fight. For example use pain at the start would give it 6k dmg. After some shdweaving / trinkets and possible pots like the old destruction one will boost it to 11k. Make sure to recast pain at the maximum dmg done to get more dps outgoing.

Also get some more crit instead of haste. Crit is benefitting us more now than haste. Also check out what glyphs he is using or any pots to increase spellpower.

And next to that use the best frostwyrm spellpower flask and a 46 spellpower food buff.

That should do it

Recasting Pain doesn't do anything, unless your initial cast didn't have 5 stacks of SW up. Whenever Pain is refreshed by Flay, it updates to whatever your current spellpower is.

Food + flask is very roughly 200dps.

My best on patchwerk to date was 4.6K dps, and that was with food and flask... I of course have to deal with Aussie ping and for some reason Windows Vista doesnt like freecap so my ping atm is about 400 to 500ms. I think i've you're doing 4.5K dps or there abouts its very respectable and I wouldn't worry about it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    My best on patchwerk to date was 4.6K dps, and that was with food and flask... I of course have to deal with Aussie ping and for some reason Windows Vista doesnt like freecap so my ping atm is about 400 to 500ms. I think i've you're doing 4.5K dps or there abouts its very respectable and I wouldn't worry about it that much.
    in what time did u kill patch then? i did yesterday ~4k dps in 3.12min killtime. and 2417 SP is a bit high.. ok this fucking trinket with 260SP(will get down to 200) .. but i do have ~2050SP and cant improve much more on my eq.

i made a chardev sheet with all best in slot items = ~2450 SP = http://www.chardev.org/?template=117394

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Lostprophêt

You're wearing 5 pieces of Tier 7... WTF?

And your chardev profile is useless, as it's not hit capped. For it to be proper you should use Gemmed Wand of the Nerubians as the wand.

Penance Cloak and Tier 7 (25man) shoulders would also be valueable in a gear setup, using the legs from Kel'thuzad instead.

And Lost Jewel is better than Channeled Magic.

So you can't just make a "ultimate" gear setup out of the blue. I can't tell what the ultimative combination that gives the max min/maxing would be, but it's certainly not what you posted.

I can't understand how you pull these figures.

This is me. I'm hit capped for raids btw at the cost of swapping the belt for the badges one
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hisper&n=Cleir

Helm is on the list to be replaced the next time (maly 226 one) it drops, but that can't account for so much of a DPS increase.

I pulled 3800 dps on patch last reset and the other SP 4k. With flask and food...

I can't see where you can get another 600 dps from. ???

in 2.4 I was pulling 1600 max on brut in T6/sunwell gear. No where near the 1.8/2k dps you say above. not in 2.4 anyway. I think in 3.0 I was at 2400 dps on teron though if you're talking 3.0 @ 70...

I got almost 300 more unbuffed spellpower than you, that's alot of dps

I can't say how much dps I do, as I haven't done Naxx25 in a month or so, and my Twilight Zone or Malygos dps wouldn't be relevant (7800 dps on Malygos, kkthxbye.)

unfortunetly our guild kinda views naxx is non serious so I dont have any WWS logs for you... most people dont even use consumables... but i assure you 4.5K or there abouts is possible

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I got almost 300 more unbuffed spellpower than you, that's alot of dps
    do you have your armoury link so I can see where that 300 is coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    do you have your armoury link so I can see where that 300 is coming from?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Deathwing&n=Nezoia

i also think t7 is a complet waste of dkp ... you can get alot more stats out of random drops but yet random loot is random so it comes down to a mather of luck ... as for t7 i fancy the hands and sholders the rest is terribad(imo)

my gear set is coming close from what i want (that it's a mix of haste vs crit) but still testing around.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...+Batol&n=Artan

http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

The headpiece is pretty good, and drops alot more than the other headpieces (100% drop on 2x headpieces from Kel'thuzad).

my gear set is coming close from what i want (that it's a mix of haste vs crit) but still testing around.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...+Batol&n=Artan
    You've been lucky...

I haven't seen half of your items drop yet. And I started Naxxramas 6 days after release.

I think a change of helm will bring me into the 1900's easily aswell as upping my crit a bit more.

I'll have to see what SP I have once it's changed. also get my JC up from 210 hehe. Dam aquamarine AH prices

Personally, my aim for Ulduar is something like this:

2200 spellpower unbuffed.
    Hit capped
    20% crit
    4-500 haste

quick question: I can be hit capped with food or re-gem to get it. I'm way behind DKP so struggling to get 25man drops. Should I re-gem and eat crit food or relax and accept being 10th -12th in dps knowing that I'm dependebly OK and never going to be much better?

(real question: regem to be hit capped or rely on food)

Maybe I should go with option 3 - i just discovered how much fun playing a DK is. no wonder there are so many of the damn things everywhere...

Use the food, not regem. And why the hell would you ever use crit food?

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak
    Use the food, not regem. And why the hell would you ever use crit food?
    This.