Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Consumable DPS increase

I got 32 hit gemmed in 2x16 gems.

If I used gems and then hit food, that would be 2x19 sp = 38 spellpower.

But by gemming hit, and using [item=34767] I gain 46 spellpower, a spellpower increase of +8.

thanks for all the replies

but... my chardev i made is hitcapped...dunno maybe u meant me...

im slightly below hitcap but at the moment i dont care.. i had 1 miss in a whole naxx run last sunday.. and the other shadow which has less hit even pulled out more dps on patch

I know that some T7 is rubbish but u have loot what u get.. im hoping on maly 10er chest, with them im hitcapped..but i saw it once.. and it went to a WL :/

i also loose alot of SP due my trinkets...i want to replace the crit/procc trinket with sath 200SP(3.08)but that dropped once... and a lot of people rolled on it
    it went to a WL as well

Yeah, I was looking at the Ranged hit. It's because chardev fails epicly in showing to much information.

I know that some T7 is rubbish but u have loot what u get..
    If you spend DKP, or tell your loot council you want Tier 7 when others could use it, I think it's your own fault.

For more reasonable obtainable look, check my armoury and replace the shoulders with Tier 7.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hwing&n=Nezoia

I also got Accursed Spine in my bank.

we do not have DKP, we just roll.. and every one has its set full, most of peoble get second set already..

And my shoulder are better then yours until i dont need the hit :>

If MF will get fixed in 3.08, haste will be equivalent to crit again.. i just need another belt, chest, wrist, legs and head.

uuh thats alot

ive got good crit and haste stats, but i should a bit more SP..hopefully malygos will drop the head or belt today :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    t
    im slightly below hitcap but at the moment i dont care.. i had 1 miss in a whole naxx run last sunday.. and the other shadow which has less hit even pulled out more dps on patch

I know that some T7 is rubbish but u have loot what u get.. im hoping on maly 10er chest, with them im hitcapped..but i saw it once.. and it went to a WL :/
    thats because shadow focus had a bug which was the earlier pre 3.0 ranks were not unlearned properly. so all this while u had 10% hit (which was hotfixed recently i think)

i think u are the sort who knows that hit > all until capped. a mf resist wouldnt matter much. a dp resist would. more than once in a single encounter would mean alot of considerable dps lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'd expect the US average to be something obese
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

sure i know that hit> all till cap.

But atm i wont gem hit coz if i get my chest.. i will be capped anyway.

And until Ulduar is open i dont mind not to be fully capped.. im happy with 10.45% at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    The headpiece is pretty good, and drops alot more than the other headpieces (100% drop on 2x headpieces from Kel'thuzad).
    You've been lucky...

I haven't seen half of your items drop yet. And I started Naxxramas 6 days after release.
    it's called attendence , i also cleared naxx a few days after release ( also 6 if i am not mistaken , cba to check achiv.) but i keeped clearing it each week until the present day.... luck as nothing to do whit it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    sure i know that hit> all till cap.

But atm i wont gem hit coz if i get my chest.. i will be capped anyway.

And until Ulduar is open i dont mind not to be fully capped.. im happy with 10.45% at the moment.
    they fixed shadow focus in this patch ... get ready to regem
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

Quote Originally Posted by artan
    it's called attendence , i also cleared naxx a few days after release ( also 6 if i am not mistaken , cba to check achiv.) but i keeped clearing it each week until the present day.... luck as nothing to do whit it ^^
    Sure Luck has twice to do whit it

First it has to drop and second u have to get it :>

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    About 200 to 300 DPS.

+125 Spellpower from Frost Wyrm Flask is nothing to skip.
    +46 Spellpower food buff?

You're missing out on 161 Spellpower.

It all depends now on how he is gemmed and geared. Also, IotDS is the top trinket. Do you start the fight by chain casting levitate to get your 10 stacks of the trinket before your initial cast?

How do you start your cast rotation? Do you Vamp Touch, Devouring Plague, Mind Blast and Inner Focus-SW then cast SW:Pain for a 5 stack of weaving and hopefully have a crit for Spirit Tap and Glyph of Shadow?

Are your glyphs the same as his?

There's alot of shit that can factor in. If you have the same gear and glyphs... then it will probably boil down to cast sequence. If you find yourself with 1-2s of non-casting, cast SWeath if the encounter permits for filler. No point in casting Mind Flay for one tick and get 1800-4000 when you can SW and get 4000-8000.

171 in my country.

1 link to fix it all: maxdps.com It has proven invaluable to help me increase my dps in raids

Luck have alot to do with it. My guild haven't seen alot of certain items (mostly caster stuff) drop at all.

RNG can fuck you over, and you know it.

they fixed shadow focus in this patch ... get ready to regem
    yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Oursaviour
    1 link to fix it all: maxdps.com It has proven invaluable to help me increase my dps in raids
    maxdps.com smells of fail, and is the worst possible site you can go to. I would even say it would LOWER my own dps.

www.shadowpriest.com , use the weight scales on wowhead item weighting if you need help finding gear.

Too bad;

No Patch today/tomorrow

;( a week longer with the broken mf ;(

What i saw :

#6 Extract of Necromatic Power - Sapphiron (Naxx 25) (15s internal Cooldown)
    113.06 = 95*0.61+55.11((788+1312)/2/15/1.27) (Proc benefits from Shadowform, Crit Chance and CoE, but not included in Calculations, so the value of this trinket ist higher than listed here)

the procc is listed at 55.11. with SF(1.15) CoE(1.13) and crit(roughly ~40% in Raids) it'll go up to ~85.

I can remember when Sp.com this trinked ranked as 3rd....but ok. will buy the badge one today (after sath )

I like the idea of Extract of Necromatic Power, so I would keep it as my second trinket.

15+ Year Old Account

Extract of Necromatic Power makes up around 2% of my DPS (which is something around 4k on Patchwerk, yeah I know my equip sucks ) which isn't bad for a trinket proc.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Sure, i like the idea behind it too.

It reminds me on my good old tdm hc trinket

with sath trinket (200sp) it would be my old good bc Combo : Crusade+Timbal's Focusing Crystal <3

but due of hit requirements my goal is : Illustration of the Dragon Soul + Dying Curse

and both are nearly 100PP better than Extract of Necromatic Power and that is too much difference

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Luck have alot to do with it. My guild haven't seen alot of certain items (mostly caster stuff) drop at all.

RNG can fuck you over, and you know it.
    yay!
    maxdps.com smells of fail, and is the worst possible site you can go to. I would even say it would LOWER my own dps.

www.shadowpriest.com , use the weight scales on wowhead item weighting if you need help finding gear.

i know , i was just slashing some sarcasm since you have been skiping naxx25 for ages now!!! and yes ... maxdps is huber fail i have to agree whit you on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Extract of Necromatic Power makes up around 2% of my DPS (which is something around 4k on Patchwerk, yeah I know my equip sucks ) which isn't bad for a trinket proc.
    A very anoying thing in this trinket is the miss rate , it wont take any talents into acount and that makes it fall beind pure SP proc trinkets.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

maxdps.com smells of fail, and is the worst possible site you can go to. I would even say it would LOWER my own dps
    Could you elaborate please?

For one thing, it's still using level 60 conversions for spell hit for several classes. There's been bugs in the past with hit rating as well (the biggest one being that if you needed 1 hit to cap, and a piece of gear had 40 hit rating on it, it would count the entire 40 hit towards extra DPS).

It's also not even made by people to play and theorycraft the class, which often leads it to be out-of-date by days, weeks, or months compared to more reliable sources of information, and as a result can give you completely inaccurate results.

You cannot add spells to rotations or priorities, nor can you change how important spells are relative to each other. Changing priorities can change DPS by significant amounts, let alone adding or removing entire spells from the sequence.

The entire damage formulas and the like are hidden from the public, which hinders any bug-fixing or anomaly-finding.

Finally, it is extremely slow to update to take bugs into account (for example, the bug with Mutilate where the offhand dagger could apply its poison twice, which was taken into account within hours on EJ spreadsheets with the ability to choose whether or not you wanted to look at bugged or fixed data so that you can simultaneously theorycraft both live and future fights).

Basically, maxdps.com is semi-useful for extremely general information, but if you actually want to use a tool to help gear yourself up or maximize your DPS, it's slightly better than just doing the math yourself on a scrap of paper and a far cry for accurate.

EDIT: Dear christ, I just looked at it for the first time in some weeks. The only single class they got right was BM hunters. No Execute, Molten Fire, or Drain Soul modeling, which makes 4 of their specs completely worthless. Ret pallies and shadow priests (and the already-fucked fire mages) have incorrect priorities. Their enhance and elemental rotations both have extra spells that lower DPS when included, enhance is missed maelstrom weapon, already-fucked affliction locks don't include immolate, and frost doesn't include the right stuff for brain freeze or fingers of frost.

I checked the procc rate for this trinket.. and in 1 naxx run.. it procced every 35s (avg value)

we raid with 2 SP´s and the other sp got this trinket too.. procc rate are very different... iE: Patchwerk.. 3.12 min fight. I had 3 Proccs he had 5... on saph I had 8 and he had 4 .. i definitly change this trinket

btw sath´s trinket dropped.. but ~8 people rolled.... :|

I think right now, maxdps considers Haste to be worth a billion times anything else.