Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do we need?

After a while of BGing at 80 and a couple weeks of arena at 80.. What do priests need? imo just simple things need to be done, like taking divine hymn of the same cd as fear, or a way to get out of movement impairing effects possibly?
    If simple things like this were done i see priests becoming much better in arena and not just stuck in 1700s

any thoughts on this? What needs to be done or changed???

Re: What do we need?

priests are fine, nerf the damage output of melee.
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PewZ007
    priests are fine, nerf the damage output of melee.
    This is not entirely true.

I will speak for a SP seeing I am one :P
    - Cant cure diseases in shd form (will be changed i know)
    - Cant use hymns in shdform, incl a racial which should be useable to all priests no matter what.
    - A 6 second selfsilence and you can still get CC'ed -.- (dispersion)
    - No dot protection / buff protection at all (They are changing that too)
    - No permanent armor buff like other casters.
    - No good talents in all trees, most are in disc tree. (for example imp mana burn).
    - Shit Tier bonuses and gear customization on Tier pieces.

Priests are not entirely fine with these things, but dmg and healing wise under normal circumstances are more than fine.

i have to totally agree with u on this one Anglarana, eva been in one of those situations where theres a warrior or a rogue? its almost tha same as /leave arena pewpew or kite your ass off or else your ass is gonna get nailed down hard. now you may think its easy "psychic scream and start running" well its not that easy...

first off you gotta consider there abilities and play style
    >unless the warrior is nub he'll always charge -> hamstring
    >unless the rogue is nub he'll have crippling poison on

>warriors can get out of fears no problem its easy peasy for em
    >rogues can jus easy rely on their cloak of shadows to do the job

then its back to stun stun + heal reduction

now i think priest's either need another CC or just some kind of permanent armor buff to do the job like the mage "frost armor" and lock "fel armor" i appreciate blizz buffing up Innerfire by adding some sp onto it, but unless it was there are 10mins and not 20charges (no glyph no imp innerfire) i guess it's time for you to move onto 3's and 5's where theres more support from the group

And Remember !!!IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TEAMWORK!!!

well u said having another form of cc and that would be nice to have some kinda of piercing howl that warriors have but also if they just took divine hymn of cd with fear that would do wonder..Also if we could cast that in shadow form. This will never come true but if VT was insta cast that would help shadow imo, or if they made the imp fear down to 20 secs instead of 26 i think it is? that would help too
    But the idea of a permanent inner fire for 10 mins would be really nice
    and as for disc the only new heal we got is penance which is amazing but it kinda sucks with all the damage out ther we still rely on mending renew bubble and maybe a flash heal???

Coming from a 4 time gladiator priest, we're almost fine, what needs to happen is..

First of all, they need to scrap divine hymn all together, its a horrible skill and is stupid currently.

Instead they should make Mind Control a 2 second cast so its a reliable CC, mind control is relatively balanced since you CC yourself for the duration, and its a unique mechanic.

secondly, they need to fix shadowfiend, its too easy to negate, every class has an easy way to completely counter our way to get mana, innervate and divine plea can be dispelled, but it resists 30% and they have so many junk buffs its hard to get it off, and losing for the duration of it, or being CC'd during it, etc.

A good way to do this would be to make it similiar to gargoyle (minus the damage)

on the same topic, mana tide should be buffed, because it has the same problem, give mana tide more health, maybe 3000-5000, not sure on a good amount.

third, if you actually want to make shadow/holy viable, and not make every priest spec disc, you need to make mass dispel 0.5 baseline, having to spec 27 points into disc to become viable in arena with all of the bubbles/iceblocks currently is stupid.

four, massdispel should ACTUALLY WORK, making it unresistable would be good, but maybe too powerful, maybe make the standard 30% resist on first, and second attempt make it unresistable, not sure.

five, make imp fade baseline, and make shadows imp fade give 5 second immune to snares.

six, make dispersion clear debuffs, or allow casting during it.

seven, maybe give us a SELF ONLY poison cleanse, so we don't automatically lose against any hunter team due to viper sting.

of course this would need to be on a CD between 30 second - 1 minute, would be stupid to be able to just get off all viper stings and completely fuck over hunters.

eight, give us back our armor on pvp gear, please.

nine, there should be damage nerfs to DK's etc, and a 15-30% damage reduction to arcane barrage to arcane mages actually have to use arcane blast for the debuff, or something along these lines, arcane needs to be valuable in pve, but currently they do too much damage while remaining completely mobile.

ten, a nerf to divine plea, maybe 30% base mana instead of 25% total, so it would remain fine for ret but not make holy pallies never run out of mana.

eleven, rogues are basically fine, maybe a nerf to deadly brew, need buffs to warlocks, shamans, etc to bring them up to line with rogues and to where DK's / mages / pallies will be after nerfs.

Of course all of these implemented would be too much for priests, but they're just some ideas, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11. atleast, I can't say exactly how to buff the other classes that need it except for a few things that seem to already be going in the right direction, but they definitely need a lot more, priests are close to fine, just need some fixes and maybe a buff or two.

agreed.
    a short MC cast would be really nice.
    the only time i use diving hymn is before an arena match in orgrimar arena. cast it at the gate right when u see the other team and they almost all get incapacitated. like anyone didnt know that

There's some really good points here, and 3.0.8 got some decent changes. Just a relyable Mind Flay will help me I think, lol

- First off, absolutely agree on a totaly scrap and remake of the Hymns, they are completely useless, more for shadow than Holy/Disc, but still useless.

- Inner Fire should be undispelable. Removing it with melee attacks is OK, we could always Glyph it. But having it dispelable is just a slap in the face.

- And with the current mechanics of Mana Burn, drain teams lost their position, I for one would like that changed. Or the cast time reduced by ALOT. We can't expect to be mana burning a retribution paladin when he can kill us faster than the cast time. And resilience works both ways, keep that in mind.

- Healing Focus as talent should be changed into pushback for any Holy School spell rather than Healing Spells. It's virtal that we can get pushback resistance on Mass Dispel, and relying on Martyrdom is a terrible solution.

Putting the heal back on Dispersion would be pretty cool.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Putting the heal back on Dispersion would be pretty cool.
    Yeah, especially seeing as mages can heal themselves for 60% health in 8 seconds with evocation, on a 2 min cooldown, with the glyph. I'd even trade the manareg for healthreg with a glyph, but that wouldn't be needed. Healthreg back into dispersion baseline, and we would still need other huge buffs to be pvp viable.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

The very least I'd like to see on Dispersion is for it to clear CCs/silences when it ends. The other classes seem to have learned how it works well enough by now that I often get silenced, HoJ'd, gouged or whatever just before I come out of my Dispersion, and I never get a window to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    five, make imp fade baseline, and make shadows imp fade give 5 second immune to snares.
    It would be nice if Fade did something as holy or disc. It's a button you can push when locked out of your holy school, so having some sort of minor defensive effect on it would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    seven, maybe give us a SELF ONLY poison cleanse, so we don't automatically lose against any hunter team due to viper sting.

of course this would need to be on a CD between 30 second - 1 minute, would be stupid to be able to just get off all viper stings and completely fuck over hunters.
    Change the cooldown on Desperate Prayer and make it clear all poisons when used perhaps? Add a glyph that makes it useable in Shadowform. It would become a talent that everybody must have for pvp though of course, limiting shadowpriests' choices a bit.

Hmm, maybe add that to Desperate Prayer and make Imp. Shadowform give you a 30/60% chance to resist having poisons applied to you while using Fade or something. That would make things interesting.

Veiled Shadows (Improved Fade) doesn't remove snares. That's Improved Shadowform.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Veiled Shadows (Improved Fade) doesn't remove snares. That's Improved Shadowform.
    Obvious error was... obvious? xD
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Making Improved Shadowform baseline?

I just wanted to point it out, it could easily be a misunderstanding. But making snare removal from Fade baseline would be fine tbh.

15+ Year Old Account

Making Improved Shadowform baseline?

I just wanted to point it out, it could easily be a misunderstanding. But making snare removal from Fade baseline would be fine tbh.
    Yeah, fade should removes snares and roots baseline without the talent. They would have to buff imp. shadowform then though, but that shouldn't be the problem.

Also, a way to remove poisons would be very, very, very much welcomed and needed.

Plus, for shadowpriests, the way they deal damage has to be changed. Having to wast 6-8 seconds per opponent to be fully effective is shitty. You're probably dead before you have 5 stacks of weaving. Also SW is pretty much unusable in arenas because of the backlash.

In a world that is ruled by burst... we have non. The little we have is on a 5,5/12 seconds cooldown, and hurts us just as much as our enemies.

Dots maybe a more civilized weapon, from a more civilized age, but in todays world, they are useless.

yea idk how shadow can imp much the way they are built.. pve ther great but pvp they arnt doing anything =(.. i like the idea of making imp shadowform baseline..
    if there was a way to remove poisons that would help soo much.. not only are rogues tough to beat but when u have crip mind numb and wounded on.. its a joke

CrisisCore

its pretty obvious we need anti cc (breaking stuns roots etc) and personaly i think the best options are this

1. change fear ward so it affects all cc
    or
    2. leave fear ward as is and make fade remove stuns and bonds (rooting, ice, etc...) other than fears but increase the cd from 30 sec to 2min with a glyph

I personally don't think there is a need for removal of snares as Disciplin, nor shadow for that sake.

Because we're almost always the one being focused.

I personally don't think there is a need for removal of snares as Disciplin, nor shadow for that sake.

Because we're almost always the one being focused.
    Thats why we DO, need a way to remove snares, because we are almost always focused, we need a way to get away during someone beating on us while our partner peels.

Quote Originally Posted by axion6
    i have to totally agree with u on this one Anglarana, eva been in one of those situations where theres a warrior or a rogue? its almost tha same as /leave arena pewpew or kite your ass off or else your ass is gonna get nailed down hard. now you may think its easy "psychic scream and start running" well its not that easy...

first off you gotta consider there abilities and play style
    >unless the warrior is nub he'll always charge -> hamstring
    >unless the rogue is nub he'll have crippling poison on
    Lol fixed! Now even the worse rogues get to have all 3 posisons on. (I've been killed by a blue geared mutilate-spamming rogue... having 850 resili... something wrong?)