15+ Year Old Account

So at first I thought removing a mark requirement was a good thing..

Wrong.

I wanted to do Arathi Basin for fun the other day. none going. SotA had 10 or so and instant entry into it. AV? ha.. I waited 10 minutes today just to get into AV.

I don't know about you guys but i do like to do BG's for fun. it kinda sucks we only have one choice unless we wanna wait 10+ minutes.

Anyone else think they should throw in mark requirements again?

Re: So at first I thought removing a mark requirement was a good thing..

Even if we all agree with you it won't change a thing

you'd think with no mark requirements AV would be a constant pop

but on my server its fairly balanced, yes some are longer then others but no 30min waits for a bg

15+ Year Old Account

Well SotA gives decent Honor too. but heres the catch.. it will never last more than what is it.. 20 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Wrong.

I wanted to do Arathi Basin for fun the other day. none going. SotA had 10 or so and instant entry into it. AV? ha.. I waited 10 minutes today just to get into AV.

I don't know about you guys but i do like to do BG's for fun. it kinda sucks we only have one choice unless we wanna wait 10+ minutes.

Anyone else think they should throw in mark requirements again?
    Ten minutes only? I remember when AV que's were (on a good day) an hour in a half. Usually they were over 2 hours.

I'm on a dead battlegroup and I have absolutely no problem getting into battlegrounds (except AV). In the dead of night, it takes maybe 3 minutes for any given BG, less than a minute for SOTA.

Also, SOTA is much better honor/hour than AV, and you can use the marks for turnins. There's really no reason at all to do AV right now (except enjoyment!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    I'm on a dead battlegroup and I have absolutely no problem getting into battlegrounds (except AV). In the dead of night, it takes maybe 3 minutes for any given BG, less than a minute for SOTA.

Also, SOTA is much better honor/hour than AV, and you can use the marks for turnins. There's really no reason at all to do AV right now (except enjoyment!)

Horde on my BG never seems to win Sota.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    I waited 10 minutes today just to get into AV.
    OMG! 10 min! thats an outrage! QQ WTF!

end sarcasm here.....

AV on my server is always over 2 hours, so yeah, who cares lol.

Hopefully this change is one of many leading up to a battleground revamp where you que into brackets instead of specific battlegrounds. Then they could add more maps and gametypes and possibly liven up the BG scene.

WTB Rated BGs. My guild would love this

Quote Originally Posted by hx9
    Hopefully this change is one of many leading up to a battleground revamp where you que into brackets instead of specific battlegrounds. Then they could add more maps and gametypes and possibly liven up the BG scene.

WTB Rated BGs. My guild would love this
    Whats the point? Bgs is where healers try out new Raid Frames...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Is that an honest question or a troll?

The point is to have fun in a large group of people by playing other teams. Kinda like one goes out to the park to play soccer, football or other activities. It's not much fun to faceroll to victory against a subpar enemy PuG.

Doesn't mean it has to be fun to everybody. You enjoy testing your raid frames, and I'll enjoy my computer football game

I much prefer being in BGs where people are actually there to have fun... not just grinding marks, but actually want to compete and have fun.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wratize
    OMG! 10 min! thats an outrage! QQ WTF!

end sarcasm here.....

AV on my server is always over 2 hours, so yeah, who cares lol.
    um.. BC i never had to wait more than 2 minutes for any BG. Sorry if my experience is different from yours..

Depends on your battlegroup. I can get games for all BG's within about 10-15 minutes max on my battlegroup. AV tends to take the longest these days but at least Horde have been winning a lot more lately than they used to for some reason. I think its because Ally for some reason has consistently been starting out with less players.

The downside is no more huge AV battles anymore of zerg vs zerg. The 'fun' aspect of PvP has gotten worse with Wotlk imo. Everything is so gimmicky now, and just not fun 'pvp', more than 'oooh neat look at this'(then it gets boring after a few times).

Quote Originally Posted by antidan
    Whats the point? Bgs is where healers try out new Raid Frames...
    I gotta admit to having done that easily more than 5 times.

To the op: 10min isn't that bad, and looking at the bright side, the people who do join are just after fun like you, instead of having to be there for some piece of gear... all for the better wouldn't you say ?

No, and yes I'm biased, my favorite BG is the most played one.. Go figure!

Btw, Elementium, you sure like to rant over stupid stuff, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Naumu
    Ten minutes only? I remember when AV que's were (on a good day) an hour in a half. Usually they were over 2 hours.
    oh lol I can imagine u w8ting for av a faklong time just to get into one of those "20/200 to other factions favour" games.

what a burn

Quote Originally Posted by perera
    I gotta admit to having done that easily more than 5 times.

To the op: 10min isn't that bad, and looking at the bright side, the people who do join are just after fun like you, instead of having to be there for some piece of gear... all for the better wouldn't you say ?

except for the fact that it gimps you vs players who are being rewarded for basically doing the same thing(10 Arena matches per week). So when you start playing in more of a mixing bowl you realize how shitty your gear is.

Quote Originally Posted by Naumu
    On my old server they used to last from 20.00AM to 08.00PM.