Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: enhancement shaman dps rotation

Quote Originally Posted by tears
    bosses are parrying roughly ~12% and from left or right side directly you usually have (due to lag and bugging sheite) less dps since parry will exist there (should be 178 degrees cone). also some mofos has 180degrees cleave you dont wanna accidentally get (sapphiron ie).

whats the problem staying behind?
    I've been getting some private forum messages from people asking for assistance and providing wws parses. In a couple of those they had a lot of parry's giving a significant loss of dps. It struck me that whilst it should be common knowledge perhaps not everyone knows that you really must stand behind the boss to do your best dps.

What also may not be common knowledge is that the training dummies are directional too. If you stand in front of them, as I've see lots of rogues, cats & shammys doing on the training dummies where I test, then you will get parries. Strange that people don't actually think about this and thus totally screw up their testing.

Levva, you mentioned that when a boss parries your attack, it resets your swing timer. I always thought that when a boss parried your attack, it reset the boss's swing timer. I had never been told to stand behind mobs until my first trip into kara. When I asked why standing in front of mobs was a bad thing, they said that I would do more damage from behind, but they also said that parries caused a kind of mini-thrash in the mob. They said that if the mob attacked, and then immediately parried one of my attacks, the mob's swing timer was reset allowing it to attack instantly. The point being that those quicker swings = more damage on the tank = a potentially bad situation. If my understanding of the situation is wrong, please correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrandel
    Levva, you mentioned that when a boss parries your attack, it resets your swing timer. I always thought that when a boss parried your attack, it reset the boss's swing timer. I had never been told to stand behind mobs until my first trip into kara. When I asked why standing in front of mobs was a bad thing, they said that I would do more damage from behind, but they also said that parries caused a kind of mini-thrash in the mob. They said that if the mob attacked, and then immediately parried one of my attacks, the mob's swing timer was reset allowing it to attack instantly. The point being that those quicker swings = more damage on the tank = a potentially bad situation. If my understanding of the situation is wrong, please correct me.
    No, you didn't understood the situation wrong. That's why standing behind the mob that has a melee attack is a good ideea. Parry resets the mob/boss swing timer so he will immediately swing and hit his target (tank usually) again potentially gibing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrandel
    This is correct.

If you attack from the front you will parry-gib your tank.

I'm pretty sure it works the same going the other way. If you parry an attack, your swing timer is reset.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

OK. I just wanted to make sure. It may have just been me, but the way Levva worded it, it seemed to say that if the boss parries you it will reset your own swing timer.

Deleted

Yes poor wording, I'm more used to thinking of it the other way round for doing tanking stats. I'll correct the post.

Being (caster-) hit-capped and expertise-capped seems to be very useful. And attacking from behind also ^^ =)

For example my enhancement shaman has 352hit, 220 expertise rating, 31,5% crit, 3700ap...
    Together with the rotation of MW(LB) > SS > ES > LL it does about 3500 - 4300 DPS in 25 raids using WF/FT and double berserking enchants.

Im far from being expertise capped 160'ish right now and im 321 in the hit rating ( still in some blues mostly roic epics/badge)
    & If anything ived noticed my dps increase due to the increase of crit more than the hit ived picked up.
    But it can get spotty its never reliable due to the low hit but with the hit it statblelizes and you get a better steady number all the time. I cant wait till im capped and in actual raiding gear.... and see my 2.5k(roics) 3.2k (raids) go up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Shizo!
    Being (caster-) hit-capped and expertise-capped seems to be very useful. And attacking from behind also ^^ =)

For example my enhancement shaman has 352hit, 220 expertise rating, 31,5% crit, 3700ap...
    Together with the rotation of MW(LB) > SS > ES > LL it does about 3500 - 4300 DPS in 25 raids using WF/FT and double berserking enchants.

Armory?

Quote Originally Posted by shammyhoho
    also, i wanted to post my armory so that i can here comments/suggestions from u guys so i can improve more (im sure that i got lots of errors in gear etc, so i really need help )

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Kickindabutt

im currently doing 2000-3000max dps in 25man raids (including buffs), and im wonderin if i can go higher with the kind of gear i have, also i need to change gems/enchants if needed so what can u guys comment?

lastly, something is really wrong with my hit rating, i dont really get that 99 hit rating i read from http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=28143.0, also my friends told me that expertise is really not important so i dont have to cap it.. what do u guys suggest? any comment is welcome thanks!

U got the general idea on gems etc. but u should try to get somre more hit, basicly,, dunno what glyphs ur using , and if ur button spamming enough etc. using consumables. but..

Quote Originally Posted by Gargz

Armory?
    Was about to say the same thing. i'm closing in on the best gear u can get in wotlk. and imo those stats seem abit to "lol" for me. I smell a liar.!

Hell I have the best gear avail so far and I'm not even at 3700ap.

but i'm over 32% crit and hit capped. expertise is 23 but i eat food.

Ok, first off I will post myself so I don't get those standard "post your armory" crap.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hisper&n=Wrath
    I am Spell hit capped, expertise capped and when I am in a 10 man raid I can put out a reliable 3k dps. 25 man is obviously higher due to buffs, but my computer is a bit shite so it is not as high as it should be but I am constantly challenging the top spot on dps (I am almost always top on 10 mans on bosses).
    The thing I would most like to point out is the EJ thread:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t20765-shaman_enhancement/
    Here there is some very nice mathematics for you to look at should you care for such things.
    My main contribution to this is the thought on expertise. I went from 110 rating or so to 229 (This is off the top of my head, I recently won the t7 proper shoulders, and am going to gem with exp and stam gem and then remove an enchant leaving me at 214 expertise which is the dodge expertise cap) and I saw a large increase in my dps, where it got to the stage where I didn't really have to try at all to put out a massive amount of dps.
    I use the WF Totem, Searing Totem, Mana Spring, and Strength of Earth totems. My rotation is based on a priority system which is:
    5xMSW CL>ES>SS>LL>LS(if needed)>ST(if needed). Using this priority system I have been able to put out a fairly consistent high dps.
    In 10 man raids I don't tend to eat food or drink flasks (they aren't necessary as far as I am concerned, even in 25 mans it is only necessary if you plan on being top). If you use EnhSim then it is possible to really maximise your dps with trinkets and rotation etc. Just thought I would post my thoughts. When I started gearing I really didn't think that Exp and Hit would have such a massive effect, but I have lost Crit % (around 4% I imagine) and AP (3-400 I think) and my dps has still gone up. I hope looking at those threads helps you maximise your dps my friend, as Enhancement Shamans are more than capable of topping DPS meters now (thanks Blizzard).
    Wrath

Edit: I know I have to change my talents to get the 10% increased totem damage instead of mana efficiency.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Run%C3%A9

after the addition of DK tanks, who rely on parry, blizzard removed the mechanic resetting swing timers on parry. you do still need to stand behind the boss to avoid losing the dps to parry results, ofc.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by WrathFW
    I use the WF Totem, Searing Totem, Mana Spring, and Strength of Earth totems. My rotation is based on a priority system which is:
    5xMSW CL>ES>SS>LL>LS(if needed)>ST(if needed). Using this priority system I have been able to put out a fairly consistent high dps.
    Drop CL its very high mana cost and lower dps at any time your spellpower is over 1920. Given you have base 996 spellpower its going to be very easy with buffs for you to pass this eg: FT totem & weapon give +355 spellpower for a start, remember too that all the buffs & procs that boost your AP will boost your spellpower. eg: your Mirror of Truth proc will give +300 spellpower. So its painfully easy to pass 1920 at which point LB will do higher damage at significantly less mana cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Zederick
    after the addition of DK tanks, who rely on parry, blizzard removed the mechanic resetting swing timers on parry. you do still need to stand behind the boss to avoid losing the dps to parry results, ofc.
    That's interesting. Can you link the source?