Hybrid Priest Specc- Whatcha think?

First off, please if your not planning on posting a constructive response don't bother reading

Ok, this is one crazy idea. I am currently playing with a retradin safely reached 1850 in 2 days. I've got 850 resili and like 22k hp self-buffed

Im currently playing Disc specc with pennance and a ton of mana regen and survivability.

My crazy idea was to actually respecc into silence, and then go into the holy tree in order to pick up as much survivability as i can. Wondeirng what you guys think, have any of you ever tried it?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=050806000000

The setup gets all the primary buffs from disc tree (stun reduce imp: inner fire meditation and imp PWS) aswell as tons of survivability from holy and silence from shadow

Besides that, blessed resilience, matched with Glyph of lightwell and glyph of holy nova provide amazing survivability (and f***ing horrible mana regen)

And ofc the killer, Silence, 5 seconds on a healer, followed by a swift HoJ is surely the end of him (100% sure hes dead)

Im playing with a retradin, trinket tends to go down in the first HoJ (since full PvE gear retradin burst is sick, comped with my insta MB+SWD) and since its on a 30 second CD I only have to live 30 seconds until the target dies in HoJ/silence, therefore im guessing my mana doesnt need to last any longer then that 1-2 minutes. Also shadowfiend i will Pop instantly, and christ shadowfiend on a 3 min CD is bound to keep my mana up long enough to get something down.

Notice since im playing with a retradin, i can always count on the bubble,HoF to allow me to survive through double dps burst.

Things im worried about:
    A. Getting @#*$@) by rogues, then again, its not like i ever survived for long anyway.
    B. Mana not lasting for 2 minutes of 100% casting time (which is sort of expected with this build, either spaming FH or mind flay)
    C. Wondering how my survivability looks.

Please post what you guys think (only constructive posts please)

Re: Hybrid Priest Specc- Whatcha think?

Not going to be worth it.

tbh, its hard enough trying to survive double dps teams as disc (which seem to be the majority in 2s anyway) so i doubt the very very little survivability holy offers will help. not to mention you're basically throwing 20 talent points away in shadow to get 1 useful ability. so i'd say it'd be better to either stick with full disc, or go full shadow and try to beast teams down before you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspectre
    tbh, its hard enough trying to survive double dps teams as disc (which seem to be the majority in 2s anyway) so i doubt the very very little survivability holy offers will help. not to mention you're basically throwing 20 talent points away in shadow to get 1 useful ability. so i'd say it'd be better to either stick with full disc, or go full shadow and try to beast teams down before you die.
    I guess you havent played with a retradin before. As a matter of fact, most double dps teams (excluding double arcane mage and double rogue) tend to be free wins for us, simply because it is SO easy to survive.

HoF pretty much grants me immunity to snare until one of the 2 dpsers is dead. And then if something goes wrong I've got bubble, and like 99% of double dps are double physical.

and also "very very little survivability holy" in the form of Glyphed lightwell ticking for crazy amount + Blessed resilience+ glyphed renew (instead of holy nova in the linked specC) = very very little? More then disc offers by far (besides 8 secs of PS)