Anvil of the titan for priest ?

With the lack of items like wand, offhand, ring ( only 1 so far ) that doesnt have any resilience until you have high PR and can buy the deadly stuff.

You thing anvil of the titan can help get much needed Resilience for priest until getting higer on pvp ?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44914

I know the proc his 1000 attack power, but still 84 resilience is quite good, and you dont use stupid s4 wand of offhand with shitty stats.

So yes no ?

Re: Anvil of the titan for priest ?

So you tell me : 105 resilience and 105 crit rating "sometime" is better than 84 res all the time ? The crit rating is good but when you're disc in 2v2 and you're getting beated on, now sure 105 crit will make the difference to save your ass.

Beside : 25 marks of WG is faily cheap to get that, on the other side, the darkmoon trinket you're talking abour easily 1kg+

Like i said, it's momentary, only to get the need res to climb up the ladder.

It's just that i don't like the : come beat on me so i get my buff.

I rather have a trinket with resilience that serves nothing because i'm in the far back getting no damage then come hit me cause i need to stack that shit 3 time. One or the other, it's pretty much the same.

Even tho I understand that the darkmoon one might be more useful later on.

Mark of WG offer a helm, boot and trinket. After that why have no use but to buy the 2k honor token ( omg ). So it's not really a waste when you desperatly need the resilience.

It's 84 resilience.

It costs 25 WG marks.

If you have 25 WG marks to spend, and you want 84 resilience, then of course you should buy it, and ignore what the people here are saying. They're your marks. You can spend them on whatever you want. You're not rolling against anyone else.

Also, people seem to be thinking the DM card is 105 resilience and 105 crit, when in fact it is not. It has a 50% chance to proc. 35 resilience and 35 crit each time it procs, stacking 3 times.

What this means is it will take an average of two hits for it to proc. Here's what it looks like on average, when you get hit:

DMC: Berserker!
    1 hits: 0 points worth of resilience
    2 hits: 35 points worth of resilience
    3 hits: 35 points worth of resilience
    4 hits: 70 points worth of resilience
    5 hits: 70 points worth of resilience
    6 hits: 105 points worth of resilience

Anvil
    1 hits: 84 points worth of resilience
    2 hits: 84 points worth of resilience
    3 hits: 84 points worth of resilience
    4 hits: 84 points worth of resilience
    5 hits: 84 points worth of resilience
    6 hits: 84 points worth of resilience

...and so on. Assuming resilience is linear, and even if it's not, you would need to be hit around 15 times on average for the DMC to have blocked as much damage as the Anvil. That's obviously not taking into account the crit buff. Also, as said before, the DMC costs money. The Anvil is free. 25 marks are absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by K21Nova
    It's 84 resilience.

It costs 25 WG marks.

If you have 25 WG marks to spend, and you want 84 resilience, then of course you should buy it, and ignore what the people here are saying. They're your marks. You can spend them on whatever you want. You're not rolling against anyone else.

Also, people seem to be thinking the DM card is 105 resilience and 105 crit, when in fact it is not. It has a 50% chance to proc. 35 resilience and 35 crit each time it procs, stacking 3 times.

What this means is it will take an average of two hits for it to proc. Here's what it looks like on average, when you get hit:

DMC: Berserker!
    1 hits: 0 points worth of resilience
    2 hits: 35 points worth of resilience
    3 hits: 35 points worth of resilience
    4 hits: 70 points worth of resilience
    5 hits: 70 points worth of resilience
    6 hits: 105 points worth of resilience

Anvil
    1 hits: 84 points worth of resilience
    2 hits: 84 points worth of resilience
    3 hits: 84 points worth of resilience
    4 hits: 84 points worth of resilience
    5 hits: 84 points worth of resilience
    6 hits: 84 points worth of resilience

...and so on. Assuming resilience is linear, and even if it's not, you would need to be hit around 15 times on average for the DMC to have blocked as much damage as the Anvil. That's obviously not taking into account the crit buff. Also, as said before, the DMC costs money. The Anvil is free. 25 marks are absolutely nothing.
    ...you seem to forget that Berserker is being changed to a chance on hit IN ADDITION to being a chance on struck.

If the trinket becomes chance on hit and chance on struck, this will def be way better than the anvil.

I'm pretty sure the caster version was intended to ALSO have 84 resilience, and not 84 crit.

Anyone actually checked the PTR, or just what Boub wrote on the front page?

I think what I was getting at with my last post was that...

a) The DMC is quite expensive.
    b) WG marks are free, and 25 WG marks is navel flint.
    c) It's still 84 resilience from 1st hit on.

All that means is that the Anvil isn't "useless", if you have the marks to spend, and don't want to buy the DMC. It still has it's use. I know what minmaxing is all about, I've done my fair share of twinks, but if the guy has 25 WG marks and wants to get resilience, then let him buy the damn thing.

The Berserker! trinket can proc on ANY damage you take including damage from dots (Shadow Word: Death too.) It will not proc through shields though, it's still up pretty much all the time though considering most dps classes can get rid of my shield in one or two attacks. I bought one two weeks ago and very happy with it, don't plan on replacing it any time soon. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I'm pretty sure the caster version was intended to ALSO have 84 resilience, and not 84 crit.

Anyone actually checked the PTR, or just what Boub wrote on the front page?
    I think they didn't give it resilience because casters need it more (priest/wlock mostly) because they've lower defense, and then we might have to much resilience, but i would love it if it becomes resilience. Still buying it though ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jaromir
    So you tell me : 105 resilience and 105 crit rating "sometime" is better than 84 res all the time ? The crit rating is good but when you're disc in 2v2 and you're getting beated on, now sure 105 crit will make the difference to save your ass.

Beside : 25 marks of WG is faily cheap to get that, on the other side, the darkmoon trinket you're talking abour easily 1kg+

Like i said, it's momentary, only to get the need res to climb up the ladder.
    It's got a 50% procc chance... It's not "sometime" its ALL THE TIME when an enemy is on you, and when hes not its not like the 84 resi is helping you anyway lol