What's this extra healing about?

Here's a shot of my combat log of me healing some random guy in dalaran just for comparison (i edited the entries so that it would be easier to track crits and hits separately, just check timestamps if your head explodes)

as you can see, my heals heal him for ~7600 and crits for ~11100

and if i heal myself:

you can see that it's higher with crits up at 13500 and noncrits for ~8900

can anyone tell me what this is all about or if we should be quiet and just let it slip by and be happy and no one will ever notice? :

i'm disc btw
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...cale&n=Dentoid
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Re: What's this extra healing about?

Judging by the coloring of the name of this "Silmeria", I would guess that you were casting on a mage who had Dampen Magic on, or failing that, some similar situation. I don't know if Dampen Magic could reduce healing that much.

The fact Stormscale has no player called "Silmeria" is a bit odd, though.

naah, it was an unbuffed night elf priest and i have also noticed this same thing while healing tanks in heroics
    my money is on some talents that are bugged but i can't tell which
    it *might* be grace but that should only increase healing done by 6%, not the 15-20% that the log shows
    [Banned] For trolling.
    =======<()

well i believe when u use blinding heal you get healed more usually

Quote Originally Posted by Devstah
    well i believe when u use blinding heal you get healed more usually
    He's using Greater Heal. GG reading comprehension?

Honestly, I can't think of anything that should cause you to take more healing, if those two cases are both on unbuffed targets (yourself and the other priest) and happening at basically the same time.

There is a 10+ minute (if they are the same day that is) difference between the two healing sprees... maybe his Inner Fire and Improved DS had vanished before he healed the other person? Among others. Hard to tell when we don't see the buffs each person wore. Maybe he healed himself right after a raid fully raid buffed, and those buffs also wore out?

I would say that it's from Focused Will (inc healing on you by 5% after a crit, stacks 3 times) - but checking your armoury profile you've not spec'd into that.

Did you ever have Focused Will? It might be a bug where it's not 'unspecc'd' you properly and it still thinks you've got it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gahijnu
    Maybe he healed himself right after a raid fully raid buffed, and those buffs also wore out?
    nop, the only buffs i had was the ebon blade tabard-aura and the "buff" you get from the haunted memento and he didn't have any buffs at all
    but like i stated earlier, i have noticed this on group members in instances/raids too, it seems weird to get a 13k crit on a tank and then you cast on yourself and crit for about 15k
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardley
    Did you ever have Focused Will? It might be a bug where it's not 'unspecc'd' you properly and it still thinks you've got it?
    once in the seventies but not recently
    [Banned] For trolling.
    =======<()

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley
    I would say that it's from Focused Will (inc healing on you by 5% after a crit, stacks 3 times) - but checking your armoury profile you've not spec'd into that.

Focused Will activates when you take a critical hit, not a critical heal. I doubt he was being crit standing in Dalaran.