Fastest Pally leveling

Okay, I have played nothing but pure DPS classes. Warlock through TBC and Rogue in WotLK. So I am marginally unenligtened when it comes to other aspects of the game. Anyways, I have gotten sick of constantly looking for healers, so I figured what better to do than to roll one. Since I can't stomach playing a tauren, I am left with pallys as the only other multi-hybrid do-it-all class. I am excited.

I was instance grinding my way through vanilla WoW till my DK friend transfered to another server thanks to the 1k ques on my server. Anyways, I am 33 now. I am specced Ret, which is apparently extremely boring till 50ish with crusader strike. I loaded him up with heirloom items: shoulders, axe, trinkets. However, I guess I am not used to classic Azeroth. Its big, it's spread out, it's slow.

So I was wondering if anyone had advice on interesting, quirky ways to level pallys specifically.

Is ret single target DPS the way to go? or is prot AoE grinding the way to go? If so, anyone know of any guides on where to go, key equipment to pick up, etc?

thanks!

Re: Fastest Pally leveling

I think you should probably stay Ret until you hit Wrath and then switch to Holy. Ret is the fastest leveling spec and you do want to get the grind done as soon as possible, but coming from a pure dps background - you need to have some healing experience under your belt. Leveling Wrath as Holy is not hard. In fact, in some regards, it's a lot easier as there is never really any chance of dying short of getting ganked. I soloed every single non-instance quest in Northrend as Holy. Including the arenas (which I did at 80 when I went back through the zones I skipped for loremaster achievement).

More than that though, it will give you the chance to learn healing.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by bignoob
    stay ret

all it needs is your desire to get him to 80 thats all it needs if you lose that then its going to be boring

you will soon be 58 and in outlands wheres it a bit better and quests are laid out for you

but ret is the best lvling for paladins
    Your sig, is legendary.

While its possible to solo-lvl in WoTLK as holy its very boring, either get some 1 else to lvl with you as a DPS or just stay DPS. Tho if you do decide to stay holy the downtime is almost 0 onc eyou get Divine plee.