To all healing priest...

Im looking to play a healing class, mainly and everyone is pointing out to either a Holy paladin, priest, or druid. From your experience which would you guys rather play for an offensive healer, for raiding and pvp?

Re: To all healing priest...

Disciplin priest is definitive the most offensive healer class.

Druid is alot about avoiding to take damage, kiting, and running away. If you love kiting around pillars, this is the number one class to pick.

And my opinion about Holy Paladins in PvP is they are very limited, lack a HoT, and in general the easiest of all 3 to counter.

I think priest would do you good, but expect to be 1shotted by retribution paladins for another half year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Disciplin priest is definitive the most offensive healer class.

Druid is alot about avoiding to take damage, kiting, and running away. If you love kiting around pillars, this is the number one class to pick.

And my opinion about Holy Paladins in PvP is they are very limited, lack a HoT, and in general the easiest of all 3 to counter.

I think priest would do you good, but expect to be 1shotted by retribution paladins for another half year.
    Retribution paladins eh? I have had my fair share of running into them lol

Disc priests have always been the most offensive healer. DoTs that now scale even in 'healing' gear, Mana Burn, Mass Dispel, Normal Dispel, Fear

At the moment we're suceptible to burst, but that isn't specifically a Disc Priest problem.

Durids are the avoidance healer, kiting and using CC to avoid getting pegged down.

Paladins will be strong for a while as Bubble is such a powerful defensive tool, and plate + shield helps mitigate against the huge melee burst rife at the moment. If you look at S1 Holy Paladins were the fotm and it didn't move to Dpriest and Durid until the back end of S2 once resilience and stam came up to decent levels, but after that initial period Holy Paladins became arguably the weakest Arena healing class. Maybe the HS change will help that, but I see a repeat of S1-S4 personally.

In terms of raiding, Disc Priest will have the lowest slot allocation (1 per 25man raid normally). All healers can do heroics although Paladins have the hardest time.

Shaman I don't know enough about to comment, mine got retired at 70 and was always Ele.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

I agree with the above poster. Disc Priest is the best way to go. I've seen a few holy priests play quite well however this may not be the play style you are looking for.

Also in terms of raiding as mentioned above you may struggle to find people willing to allow you into a raid as I have met a few people who don't have much faith in Disc Raid healing as they don't know enough about it (Or have encountered problems in the past). However hopefully duel specs (If we ever see them) will change that and all should be well.

Peace.

Well technically I have a lvl 66 priest, lvl 51 Druid, and a lvl 1 paladin. I guess Im going to try a priest out at 80 then lol