Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: I don't want to reroll

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmz
    I have a 75 lock alt atm....it's an alt, but honestly, that is my fav class to play, merely because they have an aresenal of awesome abilities. Broken? Somethings, yes, i agree. But the fact that I can out DPS on any boss anyone my level -geared better even- always makes me smile. ......or wipe the group because i pulled aggro off the tank to prove a point...w/e
    Affli still needs decent gear, at least if you wanna go towards the 5k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Offsprngr
    Even if, not favorite class, favorite spec, 21/40. Affli warlocks took a lot of shit cause of that in pve.
    what i couldnt handle was going against SL/SL warlocks with 18k health and hitting them for less for what i hit warriors for.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktopuss
    what i couldnt handle was going against SL/SL warlocks with 18k health and hitting them for less for what i hit warriors for.
    I did specify pve.

i always know where to come when i feeling like hating every other warlock out there........ thanks guys
    I do good numbers, other locks i know do and some don't do "disgusting" numbers and as gherk said (and i find myself agreeing with him more than usual these days) Up's and downs happen take or leave it.
    But god do we have to freakin hate on each other soo gdamn much. (and yes i know almost ALL class threads are like this but my lock is my main ) I know this guy doesn't really have a valid question but GTFO NOOB, and u just wanna be op, Hurts my eyes.
    (this is where the off topic part ends... sorry bad mood >.<)

You said u rerolled a lock cuz u wanted a change and liked the playstyle, well if you don't like it anymore roll ur hunter again. Not really that hard in the end. And it's not like you'd be the only lock who didn't stick it out in wrath. And no we're really not that broken, u just kinda gotta relearn how to play a lock, the only thing that STILL pisses me off is shadow embrace and well w/e i'll just pick up the dps loss cuz the other warlock has a million haste and always gets the buff elsewhere

(ends rant)
    Nice girls don't, But I do.

I hate the whole FotM thing

I rolled in TBC and it ended up being my main cause I love the whole aspect of being the evil character.

However the class has gotten real stale for me, its not so much that its weaker its just its kind of boring for me to play. It'll always be my main but I'm playing around with my alts for now at least till Uldaur.

I will say DON'T DOOO IT!!!

In TBC I started off in S1 with my mage then rolled a paladin for S2, a disc priest for S3 and a warrior for S4... 4 seasons 4 classes 4 loads of grinding for gear from greens etc it's just stupid..

I now play my mages exclusively since it is my fav char.. thankful it's a pretty OP class atm aswell but I am fully aware that mages will get nerfed.. arcane specifically and that sooner or later I will end up in a high stam, resil and frost spec not doing aswell as I am now but I am fine with that..

I will work my butt off to get the gear.. spend the endless amounts of gold to respec and test all the specs and stay on top of my class because;

I am a mage.. there are many mages like me but this one is mine.. without my mage I am nothing.. without me, my mage is nothing.

It's the first time since Beta I don't even like to login with my Warlock.

I love this class but almost everyone burst me into nirvana and can break fear. It doesn't even count which style I play. Haunt/SL or Destru/SL. At least I can get a little distance between me an melee's with Shadowfury and Instant Seduce.

Hope we will get fixed soon - till then I play my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Don't. If your fun is based on how powerful your class is in comparisson to all others, on every field of battle, I suggest checking your Email Spam folder. They have ways to increase the "power" of your "class".

Warlocks have always had ups and downs.
    Implementation of Fear = UP.
    Every subsequent nerf to it = DOWN.
    Debuffs raised to 16 (from 8) = UP.
    Mages rolling ignites = DOWN.
    Massive utility and high dps in BC = UP.
    SL/SL and Shadowbolt spam = DOWN.

I'm sorry you feel my last item was an UP for the warlock class. It wasn't. It was boring, broken, and every decent warlock will tell you it was. It was unfair to other classes; it was unfair to warlocks. Being pigeonholed into PVE SPEC and PVP SPEC, NO ALTERNATIVES is not an UP for the warlock class no matter how many mages or shamans or boomkins were dropped for Sunwell ISB raids.

Our time will come again, and the changes to Demonic Circle is just a taste.
    you missed one major down, resilience.
    I have a lock alt, he was a twink as I lvld him, finally got him to 70 during bc, the only thing that ever prevented me from raping face was resilience and mongoose in pvp. Even to this day locks have a trouble spot with resilience and classes like rogues (dk's are everyones problem) and pallys. I say quit your bitching you wanna know shit class and QQ, go ele shammy ok. We got shat on with WotlK, but i never stop playing mine cuz its AWESOME to crit faces off, its not enough and im barely top 10 dmg on bosses but still, enjoy the toon. Though atleast i have thunderfuck!

From what I've seen Warlocks beat faces in on the meters for PvE. If you're 1 of the people going "Waaah you have to be affliction to do any realy dps" please stop talking. In BC the only way to raid without being a crutch was as destro, welcome to the flipside of that. Get over it.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    From what I've seen Warlocks beat faces in on the meters for PvE. If you're 1 of the people going "Waaah you have to be affliction to do any realy dps" please stop talking. In BC the only way to raid without being a crutch was as destro, welcome to the flipside of that. Get over it.
    I understand the comment about BC...however most locks want all trees to be about the same..If you had read enough of the forums...so before you tell people to stop talking to some research.

As a warlock in this expansion, it has become harder to compete on the meters. I didn't even know what rotation was when I started in Karazhan at 70 during TBC (first time raiding) and owned the meters by facerolling. As a result, I never really got into raiding during TBC. With WotLK I've come to find the value in surfing forums, reading strats, theorycrafting, etc. As a result, I find myself excited and screaming in joy when I have that "perfect boss fight" as affliction. (Come on locks, you know the feeling. The boss goes down and before you even look at Recount you *KNOW* you nailed it.)

DPS is an art now. At least it feels that way as Affliction. I've had my bad nights and wanted to hide in a hole when I didn't even break top 10...but I never once blamed the game or the class. I knew I should've life tapped out and refreshed Haunt, but I threw a SB instead. Corruption fell off and it all went to hell. The finger points back at me. But those nights...those nights when it clicks. It's synced, you're rocking it, you nail that DS drainer right away at 25% and see it tick for 9000...yeah...those are almost as good as sex.

Long story short (aka TL;DR) - We're fine...we just require more finesse than other DPS. That's fine though, because we spent TBC in their shoes while they hated our nacho eating, TV watching ways.