Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What are good tanking addons?

Hey I was wondering, what are some good tanking addons out there that help a ton?

Re: What are good tanking addons?

Omen

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Depends on the class, really.

As a DK tank, I use X-Perl.
    As a tankadin I use Tankadin
    As a warrior I don't use anything special save a couple macros.

As a tank, however, I heavily rely on DoTimer, XPerl, and TankWarnings.

All of these are availablle on Curse.com.

Deleted

Also you want something that will let you know when sword & board has proc'd.

MSBT & SCT both work well and provide a bunch of other info as well.

Boss mods (BigWigs / DBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    Also you want something that will let you know when sword & board has proc'd.

MSBT & SCT both work well and provide a bunch of other info as well.

Boss mods (BigWigs / DBM).
    Assuming (from the subforum) that this is a tankadin question, I'd just say decursive for some encounters, but nothing tank specific, as I never found tankadin to be any actual use tbh, except the RF warning which is in PP these days. You should be grabbing Pallypower, Omen, ORa and DBM/Bigwigs for raiding as a pally as standard though, with unit frames if you want, although I don't find them useful for tanking tbh.

Alright cool, thank you all

You'll laugh when i say this but

Healbot is very handy

I Bind thing like

Hand of Salvation
    Hand of Protection
    Righteous Defense

It also shows me who has aggro, which i like

grid with a threat outline is awesome as a pally tank for easymode raid taunting

Indeed monalin, I use that idea too when I tank IS verry usefull.
    As a pala healer I do use grid+clique.
    But when I respec to tanking I use other binds.
    Seeing the agro for each person is extreemly useful, and righteous defense is a verry nice spell, wich alows me to just ctrl+righ click the person that I see that got agro from any mob, and the situation is saved.

Any good idea about how to manage single target taunt when I am in 25 ppl raid based on the player that got agro?
    Would be nice to be able to select the player that got agro and with some combination to select the mob that agroed him. I believe is not possible, but who knows, maybe is there and I just can't see it. Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by cerbul
    Any good idea about how to manage single target taunt when I am in 25 ppl raid based on the player that got agro?
    Would be nice to be able to select the player that got agro and with some combination to select the mob that agroed him. I believe is not possible, but who knows, maybe is there and I just can't see it. Any idea?
    This might be a question to ask a Warrior because they've had a single target taunt for the entire game. If theres some way of managing it better in a raid setup i'm sure they've figured it out.

There probably is some way to find out which mob is attacking someone. A couple of mods do it. I'm not sure how they achieve it though whether or not yet just parse the combat text or if there's some function they use that can figure that sort of thing out. I guess they could target each mob and find out who its on as well ( this is probably the most likely approach they use ). It wouldn't be a simple macro unfortunately, its much more complex i believe.

You cannot assume that the player that pulls threat is actually targeting the mob that agroed them. They could be in some kind of AoE pack or something like that, or they might be smart and switch to a new target when they see something running after them. So simply assisting the player isn't always going to get the right target.

RD is better to use for pulling mobs off people unless its on CD i would use it. There are situations where a single target taunt is the only way to taunt but generally in that situation finding the mob to taunt should be relatively easy.

Opie, an awesome way to mark mobs on-the-fly.

The problem is that can be anyone in a 25 ppl raid..
    And if that dps is getting agro from let's say a mob that is tanked by an offtank, and as main tank you pull that mob to you, is not gonna be fun
    Single target pull does not make me too happy atm. It would have been really fun back in TBC, as I used to tank alot in heroics and in Zu'Aman for the birds with holy talents and tanking gear (ofc I had good gear and some talents were tanking specific even if I had 41 points into holy tree - improved righteous furry, shield specialization).
    The longest range tool I had was holy shock and was in many cases to low. Atm I can use judgements for pulling mobs(when starting the fight, not from gaining agro pov), wich are long ranged.
    As a tank in raid, is nice to have a single target pull as long as you get some tools to find faster and select the one that you need to pull. And yes, using righteous defence makes it dangerous some times.

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by 11RJB
    I prefer to just keybind raid icons to my number pad through the default interface. 1=skull, 2=x, etc.

As for other addons, I use tankadin to just provide a quick block cap reference while making gearing choices, grid, pally power, omen, decursive, and trinketmenu.

Quote Originally Posted by 11RJB
    Most people just keybind them to whatever feels comfortable. I like to pick a place where i don't need to take my hand off the mouse, or move my hand for moving.

I use alt + 1, 2, 3, etc...

Basic Tanking Mods I use:

Omen
    DBM
    Tankadin2
    X-Perl
    NugRunning (For judgement, HS, etc timer bars)
    TargetCharms (Easy mob lucky charms)
    Outfitter

Omen

The default UI is pretty good at telling you mobs that lost aggro...

"attacking you!" "high threat!" "losing threat!" "Changed target!"
    It's just a game.

Yeah, but when you're tanking like 7-10 mobs at once it's kinda hard to keep track of whose "loosing threath" and "lost aggro"
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

Omen+brain

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    Omen

The default UI is pretty good at telling you mobs that lost aggro...

"attacking you!" "high threat!" "losing threat!" "Changed target!"
    Let me guess, you're not a tank right? It's almost impossible to know which target you're loosing threat on without cycling though and looking at omens. Or looking on some type of grid layout with names blinking.

Oh and for anyone reading this post. You can just ignore bignoob's posts hes just a troll. Thanks for your understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by monalin
    Let me guess, you're not a tank right? It's almost impossible to know which target you're loosing threat on without cycling though and looking at omens. Or looking on some type of grid layout with names blinking.

Oh and for anyone reading this post. You can just ignore bignoob's posts hes just a troll. Thanks for your understanding.
    We're paladins. What is this nonsense about losing threat?