Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: are we ever going oom ?

ok, i understand what you guys are saying and i've seen a lot of other posts about holy pallies not being as "good" as other healing classes. honestly i still can't for the life of me figure out what everyone is talking about. the guild i'm in (uprising from aerie peak)is listed top 200 or so on most progression sights (which at this point in the game doesn't mean much-i'm simply pointing out i'm not a total scrub) but our 3 top healers are almost always paladins with the priests generally coming in a close 2nd. the trees and shammys are always last. like i said these are guys who i've been raidin with for about a year and who totally demolished me while we raided in TBC. we are equally geared and they haven't forgotten how to play so i honestly don't know what's going on. i would love to see some wws from some of you guys to compare... i'm willing to entertain the idea that pallies are gimp or can't pump out as much eff healing as other healing classes but virtually everything i see tells me the exact opposite. plz convince me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic
    God, you are sooooooooooo daaaaaaaaamn wrong.

It is a FACT that droods/priests are better to AoE heal than paladins.
    Contents with alot of aoe dmg -> they will excell at healing. END.

I'm gonna take this again.
    If you are topping healing meter as a holy paladin you are either:
    1. Better geared than the other healers.
    2. You only have holy paladins in the raid.
    3. All priests/drood healers SUCK. And yes i mean it. Blizzard are nerfing them for a reason.

On the other hand, I AM NOT SAYING that good holy paladins can't be in top, they can OFC. But they will never get 1 or 2nd spot in a fight with relativly high amount of AoE dmg (almost all fights have atm) and equally skilled/geared priests or droods.

As a conclusion; if u have a holy paladin owning the healing meter you really should look over your AoE healers and ask them wtf they are doing.
    This is the kind of crap that bad Holy Pallies say to keep from getting kicked from the raid.

Good healers will top meters. Bad healers will blame their class.

Do we have to work a little harder in some cases? Definately. Is that any excuse for us to not be topping meters? No.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    This is the kind of crap that bad Holy Pallies say to keep from getting kicked from the raid.

Good healers will top meters. Bad healers will blame their class.

Do we have to work a little harder in some cases? Definately. Is that any excuse for us to not be topping meters? No.
    topping meters is useless. doing your job as holy paladin and keeping tanks alive is what's important.

For healers is verry situational. Even between healers of the same class.
    Ppl just can't see that 1 fight like Patchwerk can boost you to 1st place or can make you be last healer, he difference being in who you have to heal. If you heal main tank you have an increased chance to remain last in healing metters. If you heal the offtank that has most hp in raid, you can gain such an advantage that you can stay first until the end of the raid.
    So is really situational. Is not worth. But if you look at the type of spells used, what are the percentages, you can figure out if that healer thinks a bit or just spams 1 spell. Also their targets that they have to keep alive can prove if they did their jobs or not, by dieing or staying alive. That is for sure

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    topping meters is useless. doing your job as holy paladin and keeping tanks alive is what's important.
    topping the meters is useless IF you can't do your job of keeping the tank alive. if you sit in the corner and tunnel vision the MT while everyone around you dies and you shrug it off by saying "i'm keeping the tank alive so i'm doing my job" then you suck almost as bad as the healer who lets the tank die. if you can keep the MT and OT up and manage to HL raid members with -8k health then you actually deserve your raid spot. and meters usually reflect who is going above and beyond and who is simply "doing their job." like you said, meters are useless but for the love of god if you're not up near the top then you're not doing something right.

back to the topic of this post... i did go oom on a 2:42 patchwork kill this week. i literally spammed HL on cd. = D

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by apokteino
    topping the meters is useless IF you can't do your job of keeping the tank alive. if you sit in the corner and tunnel vision the MT while everyone around you dies and you shrug it off by saying "i'm keeping the tank alive so i'm doing my job" then you suck almost as bad as the healer who lets the tank die. if you can keep the MT and OT up and manage to HL raid members with -8k health then you actually deserve your raid spot. and meters usually reflect who is going above and beyond and who is simply "doing their job." like you said, meters are useless but for the love of god if you're not up near the top then you're not doing something right.

back to the topic of this post... i did go oom on a 2:42 patchwork kill this week. i literally spammed HL on cd. = D
    you got a point there.

and you had every buff and used CD's?

The druids and priests that come top of the meters by far are probably the ones that suck, mindlessly spamming CoH/WG will get you to the top in most situations but it doesn't make you good, half the time its not even usefull. Healing meters don't mean shit.

1) generally speaking, healing meters are not as important as people like to think (so why i'm arguing about who does the most effective healing is beyond me)

2) i don't want to sound like an elitist but the people who seem to be complaining the most about paladin healing come from guilds that just cleared kel on 12/30 and haven't downed malygos yet (i won't throw any names out, of course). while in and of itself this doesn't mean that you don't know how to play a pally, the progression of your guild does at least make me wonder about your abilities as a healer (my suspicions were justified last week when i did 25 man malygos with the 5th best guild on my server. all their healadins came in behind the droods and priests. for what it's worth, i topped the meters)

3) i am "beating" the exact same healers who were miles ahead of me in BT and SW. we have the same gear. they don't suck.

when you combine all this i guess i'm basically saying paladins will top meters on most encounters if you play them right. if you aren't on the top of the meters and it bothers you 1) you're a scrub for caring and 2) you should change you healing style. you can say what you want but till i see changes in the raids i'm in or till i hear from someone in ensidia (lol) telling me otherwise, i'm not changing my mind.

i'm in uprising on aerie peak if you want to know

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh
    in 10mans with 3 healers, there's not a problem reaching top3
    You shouldn't be taking three healers to 10 Man Naxx. Two is plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyGoodness
    I seriously lol'd at this.
    I don't know if you play paladin or not, but you seriously have no clue about what you're talking about.
    Good healers will top meters ? yes, if the good healers are druids or priests.
    Palas will top healers ? yes, if the classes mencioned above suck.
    Im not saying we can't top meters on a very specific fight, I can remember Patchwerk for instance, but in the overall healing of a full naxx25 run, palas wont reach the top, that's for sure.
    Clearly you're one of "those" Holy Pallies that are hiding behind your class as an explanation of why you suck. Stop. Review what you're doing wrong and fix it. I'm in the top guild on my server. I've gotten server firsts up and down the realm. My Priests and Druids do not suck. Nonetheless, I compete with them on the meters and will sometimes even beat them in fights my class is not supposed to be able to handle (Malygos).

Barring assignments (most Wrath fights are too easy to need assignments - as a Holy Pally, your "assignment" on 90% of fights is to just heal with a preferential eye to the tanks), good healers WILL top meters regardless of their class.

Bad healers will say stupid stuff like "Good healers will top meters ? yes, if the good healers are druids or priests".
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

If the tank takes enough damage and your holy paladin is good enough there's no reason he shouldn't be top3 on healing.

Also, if holy paladins aren't rocking Razuvious then something is wrong.

Or holy paladin typically does 9,000hps on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    If the tank takes enough damage and your holy paladin is good enough there's no reason he shouldn't be top3 on healing.

Also, if holy paladins aren't rocking Razuvious then something is wrong.

Or holy paladin typically does 9,000hps on that fight.
    Which is pretty unnecessary, but if you are a meter boy it's ofc a nice way to show your powers.

razuvious/patchwerk are the best tests to a paladin, that and 3 drake sarth.

the rest you'll usually always lose to a coh priest.

but hey, if the tank stays alive who really cares, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic
    Clearly you are one of those paladins that Think you're good because the AE healers suck.

Why do you fail to accept the truth?
    Yeah. We became top guild in our realm on the backs of crappy Druid and Priest Healers. We server first'ed Muru because our healers were just that terrible. We got all our server firsts in Wrath because we're just that bad.

I really doubt you play in a great PvE guild.
    My armory is in my sig. Look me up, review my gear and check my achievements. If you still require further proof, feel free to check out my server on WowJutsu and see my guild in the number one spot. I have a basis in speaking. I have experience and know what I'm talking about. You have all my credentials. You on the other hand? Yeah. Not really.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Quote Originally Posted by zarondd
    I OOMd on 10 man Malygoes with 2 healers, I OOMd on 10 man sath with 2 healers. I was on off and MT for both fights.
    Other times ofc include stuff like people not dodging this or that, such as standing in cleaves or circles.

I OOM all the time in 5v5 arena.
    Haha, funny story. I was late to our 10 Malygos and had just bought my Hateful Gladiator's Helm & Pants so I was trying them on. I think I had just respec'd as well so I was getting everything set up while porting in. I hadn't even finished buffing and wasn't full mana and our RL pulled...It wasn't until the first vortex I realized I still had ALL of my PvP gear on (630 Resil worth) and the Helm & Pants weren't even gemmed.

Me and the Priest still 2 healed it without any deaths. I managed to do 40% of the healing somehow. Now THAT was tough healing!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandal
    im a holy paladin. and i allmost NEVER go oom. and atm i cant see the fun in healing.

what do you guys out there find fun about healing ? to me it seems like the Sad job, and i will respecc retri/prot soon.
    you dont even have to watch your mana anymore, you can just spam whatever you like and its BOring.
    Iam a holy paladin. How are you in 25 and 10 healing meters? If u are first, you are really bored with game and you own. If you have some mana spared at the end of fight and you are not first, you know you could use it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Yeah. We became top guild in our realm on the backs of crappy Druid and Priest Healers. We server first'ed Muru because our healers were just that terrible. We got all our server firsts in Wrath because we're just that bad.

My armory is in my sig. Look me up, review my gear and check my achievements. If you still require further proof, feel free to check out my server on WowJutsu and see my guild in the number one spot. I have a basis in speaking. I have experience and know what I'm talking about. You have all my credentials. You on the other hand? Yeah. Not really.
    totally agree w/ firecrest... see my above post

apokteino-uprising-aerie peak

:P Try Harder !

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Killacrush
    :P Try Harder !
    try some other Race imo :P

Weird, I've found 10man Naxx harder to heal than 25man.

Struggling with mana in 10man, needing to use manabuffs etc and in 25man I'll just use crit food & elixir / haste food & elixir and Im just fine most of the time.

This might be because you are taking too many healers to the 25 man, causing you to feel not very needed. Or that you are bringing too few to the 10 man, causing you to feel stressed. In my opinion however, you should always feel stressed as a healer. If you're able to ho-hum your way through any instance, your healing spot is probably better given to a dps.

Ideal numbers are 2 healers for the 10 man and 4 healers for the 25. This assumes good players that are well geared. You can steamroll through Naxx in 90 minutes or so with this set up. Things like 3 Minute Patchwerk should be a given (if anything, you should be looking at a less than 2 minute Patchwerk), as should be the fact all bosses are one-shot.

Guilds that are not as good or as geared may want to take 3 healers to Naxx 10 and 5-6 healers to Naxx 25. But you should always bring the fewest possible healers. The best mp5 in the game is high dps. Shorter fights mean less stretched mana pools.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>