Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    How much did JC cost you guys?

    From raising it to 375 approximately. I just want some ideas on how much I'd be spending. Also, did you guys find it helpful? I see a lot of hardcore PvPers who are JC/Enchanter for more Stamina, Stats, and such.

    80 Warlock
    80 Druid
    80 Death Knight
    70 Shaman
    70 Warrior
    70 Mage

  2. #2
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    You only need to raise it to 350 to cut Northrend gems.

    I estimate around 1500-2000g, depends how expensive/rare the nessary gems and ore is on your server. Thorium varies alot in prices.

    But I've earned around 10000g on it so far (on roughly a month), so I wouldn't complain...

  3. #3

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    Did you mine your own Gems, or did you just Auction House stuff for awhile?

    80 Warlock
    80 Druid
    80 Death Knight
    70 Shaman
    70 Warrior
    70 Mage

  4. #4

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    It cost me about 3.5k levelling strictly from AH mats from 1-350, when i hit 350 i purchased the green northrend pvp gem patterns from the pvp vendor and got to 375 easily.

    375 is all you need to use the JC gems, as of 3.0.2, 3.0.8 it will be 350.


  5. #5

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You only need to raise it to 350 to cut Northrend gems.

    I estimate around 1500-2000g, depends how expensive/rare the nessary gems and ore is on your server. Thorium varies alot in prices.

    But I've earned around 10000g on it so far (on roughly a month), so I wouldn't complain...
    Mind if I ask exactly how you earned it?

    I am raising JCing on my DK who is currently 67. His JCing is at 350 at the moment. Just curious

  6. #6
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo
    Mind if I ask exactly how you earned it?

    I am raising JCing on my DK who is currently 67. His JCing is at 350 at the moment. Just curious
    Prospecting Saronite Ore after the price gone down to below 33g / stack.

    I make 500-1000g a day on that. Selling the gems cut ofcource, but if you can befriend the other JCs in your guild, there's extra profit for you untill you get the recipes.

    Runed Scarlet Ruby is <3

    The idea is like this:

    I go to the AH, spend 100-200g in ore. Prospect it, cut the gems, and resell them. Takes 15 minutes, average is 250-300% profit.

    Depending on the ore price (and my prospect luck) I make more or less But atleast 500g a day.

  7. #7
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    To give a tips for powerleveling JC in wotlk:

    - There's never gems, so prospect ore

    - Thorium Ore is expensive, try see if anyone in your guild sell it cheap, you'll need ALOT of it, and also ALOT MORE to prospect

    - From 300, prospect adamantite as soon as you can. At 350, start northrend gems (prospect Cobalt Ore, or buy them at 60s each at AH )

    Mostly, buying the ore is alot cheaper than the gems.

  8. #8

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Prospecting Saronite Ore after the price gone down to below 33g / stack.

    I make 500-1000g a day on that. Selling the gems cut ofcource, but if you can befriend the other JCs in your guild, there's extra profit for you untill you get the recipes.

    Runed Scarlet Ruby is <3

    The idea is like this:

    I go to the AH, spend 100-200g in ore. Prospect it, cut the gems, and resell them. Takes 15 minutes, average is 250-300% profit.

    Depending on the ore price (and my prospect luck) I make more or less But atleast 500g a day.
    I figured as much

    I have about 20 stacks of ore saved up so far.. so I am planing on prospecting them when I hit 400 JCing. I will see how that goes. What gems sell well? I can think of the Runed ones, but thats mainly because I am a caster and I buy them kind of often.

  9. #9

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo
    I figured as much

    I have about 20 stacks of ore saved up so far.. so I am planing on prospecting them when I hit 400 JCing. I will see how that goes. What gems sell well? I can think of the Runed ones, but thats mainly because I am a caster and I buy them kind of often.
    +hit
    +spell dmg
    +stam
    ---
    also consider new arena season/pvp. People still dreaming resilience will actually balance things, so
    +resil
    +spell penetration
    +stam again ;p

    tbh i just sell my daily Dragon's Eye and make 250g on that for 2mins of work. It pays for all my kids (twinks).
    Johnny:* Dad!* I did it?!
    Dad:* Did what?!* Cure Cancer?!?!!
    Johnny:* Nah;*I made the first post on a forum sticky!* All shall tremble before me in my awesomeness!!!1!

  10. #10
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    I can't be arsed selling Dragon's Eyes anymore. Prices to low, to many supplies, and I want to save up for 3.0.8 recipes (Like SP&Sprit).

    But if your server still got them at 300g+ it's easy profit, yes indeed. Add that to my 1000g a day then

  11. #11

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    I'll try powerleveling it within a week. Hopefully I can farm some money and make enough so I don't lose a big chunk.

    80 Warlock
    80 Druid
    80 Death Knight
    70 Shaman
    70 Warrior
    70 Mage

  12. #12
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    What's scary is the amount of people leveling it up atm. One would think it would hurt profit.

    But then I look at Scarlet Ruby being a easy reputation recipe, look at the amount on AH (always less than 10)... and I think Wizard's First Rule apply.

  13. #13

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    It set me back 1200G all together because nobody had Thorium.

    Saronite Ore sells for 14G at the cheapest. I usually spend 500G on saronite and make 2k+ from cutting the gems.

  14. #14

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    JC cost me around 4k gold to powerlevel, but once you get some of the popular recipes, it's totally worth it - i made over 15k gold last week alone.

    Don't forget to get the perfect grade passive skill from a quest and cut the yellow (Hit, Crit) and red (Spell, Agi) - they sell kinda well, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by konju
    +stam
    +Sta gems don't sell well on my server - the current price for the cut gem is 15-20g, 12-14g uncut. :

  15. #15
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    You selling 14 hit gems? Hmm, interesting. I tried the Veiled (Orange) spellpower and hit.. it didden't sell at all.

    And 24 stamina gems cost like 12g here... CUTTED

  16. #16

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    Most caster gems sell for 100G each
    Bolds and Delicates sell for 90-110G each
    Solids sell for 30-50G each

    It really depends on the time of day and if it is the weekend or not for gems to sell less or more.

  17. #17

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Razkit
    It set me back 1200G all together because nobody had Thorium.

    Saronite Ore sells for 14G at the cheapest. I usually spend 500G on saronite and make 2k+ from cutting the gems.
    wtb your server, saronite never drops below 24g/stack and atm it's even hanging around 33g stack.

    But it did cost me around 3k (was about my last gold i had atm).

    Powerleveld in one night (weekend after Xmas) and had about 500g left, bought some stacks of saronite ore and some eternal earth for that gold to start making profit again.

    At this moment i'm sitting on 16k gold and got al the mats bought to powerlevel alchemy to 435 when the servers come up today.

    I was a JC with all the designs ingame on my shaman in BC and it was insane moneymaking then, but LK takes the cake tbh, spend 30min a day and make almost 1k profit a day with it (and i don't even cut gems atm)

  18. #18

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    Only thing that cost me was the learning of the pattern's

    If your a miner just take it easy and go mine the ore

  19. #19

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You selling 14 hit gems? Hmm, interesting. I tried the Veiled (Orange) spellpower and hit.. it didden't sell at all.
    Both perfect AND the normal ones - the casuals are trying to be cheap.

  20. #20

    Re: How much did JC cost you guys?

    costed me 3500-4k

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •