Titansteel Destroyer or Collosul skull Clad Cleaver?

Which would be better for a ret pally?

Re: Titansteel Destroyer or Collosul skull Clad Cleaver?

Cleaver due to Haste.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...strasz&n=Ulhax

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    You don't fuck with Medivh.
    Garona did.

Cleaver but not because of the haste, because of the crit.

Ok first off, you need hit, so titansteel will be the best bet, pvp or pve, second, HASTE DOES NOTHING TO ARE CD's Global cooldown yes, but it does not help at all, you should always have judgement, DivineS, and Crusader strike up! 3rd, is the fact that hit is really important at first when doing heroics or naxx, because alot of your gear doesnt have alot of hit its mostly crit, and if your not a Dranei paly, then you need 7% hit for bosses, and 8% if your not a dreanie, Also PVP you need 5% hit at least, Like i said Draenies only need 4% so this really helps so you dont have to waste yhour sockets that you need to socket straight strength pve wise for the Kings buff, Always put strength, unless not hit capped..

What class are you? If you're a human or a dwarf, I'd argue that the mace was better b/c of the racial expertise bonus. And if you currently haven't reached the +hit threshold of 8%, I'd again take the mace. If you're close to the this threshold, and the mace puts you way over 8%, then I'd take the cleaver. You also have to factor in how soon you want either weapon: farming mats or farming an instance.

If you're really nit-picky about if X is better/worse than Y, I'd stop by Elitist Jerks and check out Redcape's DPS Calculator in the Paladin class mechanics forums. Just my 2 cents.
    WTF folder, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoten
    Which would be better for a ret pally?
    a spell power 1h, and spell power shield, and a respec into the holy tree.

turkeyspit

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktopuss
    a spell power 1h, and spell power shield, and a respec into the holy tree.
    Welcome to 12 months ago, the Doc want's his time machine back.

As far as I can see, the Titansteel comes out ahead over the Cleaver, at least according to RAWR.

i'll take the mace over the cleaver any day. i like how the cleaver look and all, but haste is useless for a pally. but hit rating is very important and is easier imo.

I really dont understand the whole haste thing. Doesn't it make you swing a 2 hander faster?

it's not "HORRIBLE' but as a ret pally, u should take crit and hit over haste any day.

The mace by far - firstly, haste isnt all that good like said previous here, end secondly - and maybe most important - all that hit on the mace will allow you to resocket/enchant for str/crit instead of +hit.

it depends on your other gear, for instance if you are hit capped hit is rubbish.

But generally titansteel seems better though there is a blue 2H sword in either hol or hos which is better than both.

The cleaver isnt bad...but Haste is not a stat that you should go out of your way to stack as a ret pally. 60% or so of your TOTAL dps will be done by your instant attacks and holy damage combinations. Actual white hits comprise a smaller %.

Hit rating is far more important to stack than haste. If the destroyer puts you over the hit cap then look into re-gemming or substituting a different gear piece (if you have one) to buff up other stats.

A lot of people forget that the majority of our dps comes from Judgement, Divine Storm, Crusader Strike and Consecrate. Cooldown based moves, 3 of which hit the target immediately. Not on the next weapon swing...because they are instant attacks haste does not affect them as much.

If you are wielding a blue mace or something, and the cleaver drops for you take it. If you are already wielding the Destroyer though and the cleaver drops there really is no need to take it unless you want it for aesthetics or something.

Quote Originally Posted by spacebubble
    Ok first off, you need hit, so titansteel will be the best bet, pvp or pve, second, HASTE DOES NOTHING TO ARE CD's Global cooldown yes, but it does not help at all, you should always have judgement, DivineS, and Crusader strike up! 3rd, is the fact that hit is really important at first when doing heroics or naxx, because alot of your gear doesnt have alot of hit its mostly crit, and if your not a Dranei paly, then you need 7% hit for bosses, and 8% if your not a dreanie, Also PVP you need 5% hit at least, Like i said Draenies only need 4% so this really helps so you dont have to waste yhour sockets that you need to socket straight strength pve wise for the Kings buff, Always put strength, unless not hit capped..

Sorry but its 5% max, anymore makes no difference almost.

neither.

Sword of justice.