Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10 Man Sarth with 2 Drakes up.

This reset me and my mates will be going for 10 man sarth with 2 drakes up. If you guys could give me some info on which drakes to leave up and and where to position boss and drakes i would be very grateful. We will be doing this right after our naxx undying achievement run and this will be our group setup.

Prot Warrior
    Feral Druid

Ret Paladin (me)
    Shadow Priest
    DK
    2 Hunters.

2 Resto shamans
    1 Resto druid

our 5 dps can easily pull off over 4.2k dps each.
    Would you recommend me going into my prot set for sarth? ( i can tank naxx 25 in my prot gear)
    anyways thanks for any info you give me on what to do.

Re: 10 Man Sarth with 2 Drakes up.

If your DPS can pull 4.2k+ dps easily... why not go for 3 drakes?

If your tank is pulling 1.5k+ plus dps the actual dps members only need like 3.8k or something to not make it incredibly hard and retarded.

drop the 2 hunters, pick up another spriest and tank and it'll be easymode.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Well, you have no real AE tank. Meaning you should kill Tenebron and deal with Vesperon/Shadron.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

AFter watching vidoes of the 3 man sarth fight. we have to decided to try this setup

Prot warrior
    Feral druid
    Prot Pally

Spriest
    2 Hunters
    DK
    Warlock

Resto Sham
    Resto druid

What we need to know his who out of the warrior or druid could tank sarth better, to mitigate the flame breaths. etc

-Prot Pally
    -Unholy DK
    -Prot Warrior
    -Enh Shaman
    -Affliction Warlock
    -Resto Druid
    -Disc Priest
    -Fire Mage
    -Fire Mage
    -Shadow Priest

That was the group that my guild done 2Drakes (doing 3 drakes on 10man this week). Apparently they 2 shot it, it's simple and easy to do once you have plenty of experience doing 3 drakes lol.

If you're attempting Sarth 3 Drakes I implore you to bring a Holy Paladin, Beacon of Light on the Drake tank spamming the Sarth tank means you only need 2 tanks - you can then either go for an extra dps, or an extra healer (would recommend the extra healer).

If you're bringing melee, then your warrior tank the Drakes for Sunder Armor (increased DPS). Have your Druid (a well geared Druid can get 50k+hp with buffs/flasks/food) tank Sartharion and rotate CD's when Shadron and Vesperon are up (tank takes 225% more fire damage; 70k~ breaths). Guardian Spirit, Divine Guardian are perfect candidates here.

For the encounter I'd recommend a Shaman - for Bloodlust. Popping it after the first Flame Wave after Tenebron has landed is the best option (I've seen) - 30 seconds of pure DPS.

People often criticise 2 tanks - but a good tank can indeed tank set of whelps, a drake, flame adds etc. I do suggest you also bring a Rogue and ORDER him to use Anaestetic Poison and use 'Fan of Knives' if there are a lot of enraged adds - or your tank will die, quickly.

The main 'difficulty' in the fight is when the raid gains Twilight Torment from Vesperon's acolyte while Shadron is still alive - here your raid will take a lot of damage and you'll have to survive through it. When Shadron is dead and Vesperon is the only Drake alive - kill the Shadron and Vesperon acolytes and continue DPS on Vesperon. If you manage to kill Shadron with everyone alive, and you're not losing focus, you'll kill the boss.

To help you, this was the setup our guild used:
    - Feral Druid (tanked Sarth)
    - Prot Warrior (tanked all 3 Drakes, whelps, fire ele's)

- FFB Mage
    - BM Hunter
    - HaT Rogue
    - TG Warrior
    - Spriest (Replenishment is a REQUIREMENT - you will not succeed without it)

- Holy Pally (can help gather fire adds with Righteous Defense)
    - Resto Shaman (BL, raid healing)
    - Holy Priest (raid healing, spam healing Drake tank)

Hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseido
    our 5 dps can easily pull off over 4.2k dps each.
    How the hell can 5 DPS pull over 4.2k DPS each, especially 'easily'.

Pulling 4.2k DPS in a 25man with all the buffs is hard to do, especially on a fight like the one your talking about.

A lot of this high dps is done on short fights where cooldowns really shine. I a long fight, such as the one you are attempting, the dps level's out (as it should)... so pulling 4.2k dps seems a lot less realistic.

Best geared hunter on server, best geared shadow priest on server. I know how to play my class and so do the rest of my mates. Thats how we can manage to pull that high dps. Ive heared somehwere that resto sham/resto druid is the hardest healing combo for the fight, is this true? And we do plan on having the feral tank sarth and the warrior tank drakes. I jsut hope that the druid can survive breaths.

15+ Year Old Account

a healadin with bacon talent is exeptional here because he can heal the trash tank and dragon tank at the same time with big heals. i did it while its my offspec and it went better then with a resto shaman who has to cast a heal for every tank.

reason a druid aint the best choice here is because he has hot heals and the dmg comes in big spikes.

i think the best choice of healers would be Holy priest/holy paladin.

feral tank is the best choice because he has the highest hp pool so he can take the biggest breaths. target for most feral sartarion tanks is 50k hp. if they are close its doable also. it depends which dragons you kill since every drake has his own debuff to the raid.

I'd love to see a parse of your 4.2k prolonged Sartharion DPS disincluding aoe

I agree with the above - go for 3 drakes and just skip 2. There's just more relearning to do later =)

For group setup, we went with a 2-tank, 3-heal strat, and modified the normal strat slightly...

Tanks: Druid (Sarth), Warrior (Drakes)
    DPS: Rogue, rogue, ret paladin, BM hunter, Death knight
    Heals: Druid, priest, paladin

When Shadron landed, we had our Sarth tank (Druid) hold Shadron and Sartharion at the same time, while the Drake tank (Warrior) helped finish off Tenebron and the whelps. He had his vigilance on our Sarth tank, so he could chain-taunt the entering blazes. Once Tenebron was down, he taunted Shadron off our Sarth tank, and we continued the burn.

After that, normal strat. (Shadron -> Shadron's acolyte -> Vesperon -> Vesperon's acolyte -> Sarth)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseido
    AFter watching vidoes of the 3 man sarth fight. we have to decided to try this setup

Prot warrior
    Feral druid
    Prot Pally

Spriest
    2 Hunters
    DK
    Warlock

Resto Sham
    Resto druid

What we need to know his who out of the warrior or druid could tank sarth better, to mitigate the flame breaths. etc
    on our guild kill of Sarth +3 we had the druid in 4x T7 set bonus and the icebane gear with stam gems, which made him have 50k buffed before drake effects

(off topic: recently came back to find my account deleted/banned, would like to know why since i made no threatening comments or go against any of the rules that was set by the admin whatsoever)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurio
    How the hell can 5 DPS pull over 4.2k DPS each, especially 'easily'.

Pulling 4.2k DPS in a 25man with all the buffs is hard to do, especially on a fight like the one your talking about.

A lot of this high dps is done on short fights where cooldowns really shine. I a long fight, such as the one you are attempting, the dps level's out (as it should)... so pulling 4.2k dps seems a lot less realistic.

The one and only thing where you need to pull extreme dps is to burn tenebron down. So you don't need to have 4.2k dps for entire fight, just for the 50 seconds Tenebron is alive, you can burn you cd's etc.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rljohn
    I'd love to see a parse of your 4.2k prolonged Sartharion DPS disincluding aoe
    /Nod

seriously, skip 2 drakes and go for 3 drakes.

both fight are completly diffrent, so why not train for the hardest and best first?

Well my guild killed 3 drake 10man yesterday, ally first on grim batol we used:

Feral tank, Tanking DK, Prot warrior
    Holy priest, Holy Paladin, Resto shaman
    Shadow priest 2x, moonkin,lock

proof: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ac...l&n=Colaboksen
    There is no truth.

Heya,

My guild's going to be doing our first 10-man 2d tonight (Would be going for 3d but we're looking at possibly not having a shammy at all for this run >.<).

I think our comp is going to be fine, we're going to be running something like:

Tanks: Feral (Sarth) DK (Drakes/eles).
    Heals: Holy Priest, Holy pally (Me).
    Dps: Ret pally, Mage, Moonkin, 'Lock x2, Rogue.

I'm pretty sure we'll be fine, the dps is all very capable of holding over 3k sustained, more in burst with cds.

My question is actually about doing 3d though. I realise that we'd have to change up the comp a fair bit to get BL and probably another tank/healer. Could someone please outline a rotation of "tricks" to be used to mitigate the flame breaths on the Sarth tank when Shadron (Right?) is alive? What worries me is that if we don't have BL up for Shadron, are we not going to run out of CDs? Conversely if we wait for BL on shadron are we not going to get swamped with adds?

Any tips would be great .

Quote Originally Posted by Sylnur
    My question is actually about doing 3d though. I realise that we'd have to change up the comp a fair bit to get BL and probably another tank/healer. Could someone please outline a rotation of "tricks" to be used to mitigate the flame breaths on the Sarth tank when Shadron (Right?) is alive? What worries me is that if we don't have BL up for Shadron, are we not going to run out of CDs? Conversely if we wait for BL on shadron are we not going to get swamped with adds?

Any tips would be great .
    In the 10-man version, you actually don't need a CD rotation to keep the tank up (even with Shadron and his acolyte in the mix).

You do, however, need your tank to get rid of his twilight torment before the breaths.

Here's a breath breakdown from our last 10-man kill:

23:11'04.953 Sartharion Flame Breath hits Djfurball for 21779 Fire. (3189 Resisted)
    23:11'13.407 Sartharion Flame Breath hits Djfurball for 13006 Fire. (5862 Resisted) (2005 Absorbed)
    23:11'33.110 Sartharion Flame Breath hits Djfurball for 19489 Fire. (2854 Resisted)
    23:11'47.547 Sartharion Flame Breath hits Djfurball for 19342 Fire. (2832 Resisted)
    23:12'34.578 Sartharion Flame Breath hits Djfurball for 22470 Fire. (3290 Resisted)
    23:13'14.453 Sartharion Flame Breath hits Djfurball for 10374 Fire. (3038 Resisted)

The last breath there is after Shadron and his acolyte dropped, the others are pre-Shadron's death.

If you are using a tank already geared for S+3 25-man, it should be no prob.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomphoolery

You do, however, need your tank to get rid of his twilight torment before the breaths.
    Ok so that's the bit I don't really understand. I'm sure it's explained somewhere in big bold caps but I haven't found it. How does our MT get rid of the debuff?

Btw thanks for the info on the no cd rotation needed .

Quote Originally Posted by Sylnur
    Ok so that's the bit I don't really understand. I'm sure it's explained somewhere in big bold caps but I haven't found it. How does our MT get rid of the debuff?

Btw thanks for the info on the no cd rotation needed .
    The acolyte will periodically debuff everyone with Twilight Torment - once you have the debuff applied, you receive extra fire damage. Upon your next damaging attack, the debuff is removed, but you take 2k-3k damage.

What we do, is have our tank just chill out once he gets TT (including no auto-attack). Once he sees the cast bar for a flame breath, he hits a few quick attacks (for us, Maul and Mangle will hit at the same time), removes the debuff, and takes a breath with only the normal multipliers engaged.