Thread: Feral Glyphs.

Feral Glyphs.

Just starting up my druid again. Just wondering what the best glyphs are for tanking;dps;pvp. Imo there only seems to be one good glyph and thats maul. any suggestions?

Re: Feral Glyphs.

Just because a glyph is not as simple as Glyph of Maul doesn't mean there aren't other good ones.
    Proud owner of the original [Master of Anatomy] and Fail macros.

Frenzied rejen is great for tanking and you are getting low, gives healers an extra boost. Growl isnt bad if you want to make sure taunt always lands. Mangle is great for dps if you want more time to use other skills without having to reapply the mangle debuff. Same with Rip, a lot of the time it gives you the chance to use bite because Rip is still applied. Shred is great for pvp if you are opening with pounce, grouping with a rouge, etc. 20% extra dmg is nothing to scoff at.

I'm Beginning to think whether Glyph of Healing touch is good for feral druids with nuturing instincts (boasts healing based on AGI) and naturist (reduce cast time of HT by 0.5s and adds 10% physical damage) for pvp. Problem is finding which major glyph to get rid of. 1 second (-haste rating) HT is pretty cool for ferals.

Glpyh of Maul for tanking is a must, if you only tank I would say you could live with out glyph of mangle. I have glyph of mangle as I dps more now days thatn tank.

Deleted

I suggest:

Bear tanking:
    - Maul (major), hits 1 additional target
    - Mangle (major), debuff lasts 6 seconds longer

In my tanking career (Naxx25+) I found no use for FR and Growl glyphs so I went with Rip there for those fights where I DPSed instead of tanked.

Cat DPSing:
    - Rip (major), rip lasts 3 seconds longer

PvP:
    - Shred (major), increases shred damage by 20% to stunned or incapacitated opponents

For minor glyphs, take whatever you like. I usually take Unburdend Rebirth (Rebirth costs no reagents), Thorns (+50 min when cast on yourself) when tanking and Aqua Form glyph (+50% speed in ~) for all-round purposes. You'd be surprised how relatively (!) often I use Aqua Form to get around stuff.

For all-round, get Maul, Mangle and Rip majors.

for minor for tanking: 30sec reduced cooldown to your aoe taunt is nice. Glyph of Challenging Shout(iirc)

ty all

Definitely the best major glyphs for tanking:
    Maul, Frenzied Regeneration, Growl

The one good minor glyph for tanking:
    Challenging Roar

(Glyph of Mangle doesn't make much sense, since a tank druid uses Mangle very often, so the debuff will stay on the target anyway.)

but for multimob pulls, if your tab mangling it helps the debuff stay up longer

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xerganor
    Definitely the best major glyphs for tanking:
    Maul, Frenzied Regeneration, Growl

The one good minor glyph for tanking:
    Challenging Roar

(Glyph of Mangle doesn't make much sense, since a tank druid uses Mangle very often, so the debuff will stay on the target anyway.)
    When AoEtanking I'd rather pull off an extra Swipe instead of a Mangle. I only use mangle to give me the RnT bonus on Maul, mostly for single target tanking (bosses or leftover trash).

I don't like Challenging Roar, at all. I don't use it very often then. It almost always screws up because of the redicilous large range on bossfights and big pulls of trash.