Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Do other players hate Ret?

I played since day one. So that being said, I leveled 10-60 as Holy, I PvP'd as Prot, back when that was the shit. I also did some Ret after, before it was buffed. I switched Holy for PvE with respecs every weekend for some PvP as Ret or stuck Holy for some PvP healing. When TBC came out, I leveled Ret to 70, and then immediately respecc'd. When Wrath came out, I leveled Ret, it was so damn easy mode. I decided to PvP a bit and it was pathetic. People who complain that Ret Paladins are BAD I hate, and people who say Ret Paladin's take skill I hate. It is way too damn easy, and saying it's not is showing how ignorant you are.

I have not read the entire thread so sorry if this has already been said.

I have quit since WoTLK since i didnt like the changes to the class/game but in my experience most people do have this view of retri paladins of skill less class, button mashers, ect ect. I somewhat agree with this having played one throughout the latter half of bc (all of s4 got to 1950 before 3.0.x). But i also played a warrior and priest so i would have to say that is definetly the least skill required out of what i have played but there is/was still some involved from what little i played in WoTLK it seems that what little there was is now gone most of the timing/pre cleansing trash buffs seal swapping/juggling and your time would be better spent mashing your damage spells cs/ds/judge all the ret paladins that would always open up with hammer of justice/repent didnt know whta cleanse was probably think very highly of themselves now that those 4 buttons can get then 1800+ with ease that being said the entire game is in a huge state of burst which makes the situation worse for ret because well......theyre bursty =P anyway not sure what my point was now lol seems ive started to ramble but either way having played a ret paladin and done it well in bs and a little in wrath id have to say that theese people that say this are pretty much right at this point in the game but dont let it bother you throughout my entire carreer as a paladin there was this mentality the people i played with didnt have this mentality about me but the majority of the others in pve and pvp there were very few who didnt just pew pew so with the state of the class theese people are running rampant and his making the stereotype even worse....wow i did it again lol well i better stop typing my hands just seem to be moving on theyre own i guess QQing about ret paladins is still something i cant stop even after having quit

and for those of you wondering why im on theese forums after quitting i still check for updates every now and then to see if the game i played for 4 years is going in the direction that i would play it again at some point

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyspit
    Oh, I'm sorry, because it was the Retribution Spec and the Talents that got the abuse, not the retribution PLAYERS.

/rolleyes

Let me try again, so hopefully you will understand: for over 4 years, PLAYERS of Retribution Paladins were spit upon by the general WoW population. Now that the class is fixed, the Retribution Paladin PLAYERS started to spit back. and crybabies like you get all butthurt.

What else did you expect? No other spec in this game has been so maligned as Ret, and now that things have equalized, I'm sure many of them feel the need to throw it back in your face.

Like I said, Karma is a bitch.
    reading this really makes me wish i didnt give u guys a break in tbc and pre tbc.
    i was always like oh look, an ally pala. ow wel let em be
    now the underpowered go overpowered, and go like

muhhaahaahahahahaha we suckzorr!! now we ruleee MUST MASH BUTTONS AND KIL PEOPLEEEEE!

think a lot of players know wat i mean

Quote Originally Posted by Stoutfist
    You sure like pretending you're a nice guy.
    yeah, u shud try it sometimes
    better then acting like an a**hole 24/7
    also a go ding from age12 to 16 or so. sure sounds like u need it

15+ Year Old Account

Tip:

Lots of players DO hate ret paladins. People have been crying for nerfs to ret the moment the game came out. People were crying for nerfs to ret in S3 and S4 where ret paladins were bottom of the barrel in arenas and near bottom of the barrel in DPS. And people will obviously ask for nerfs when the one class they hate gets buffed.

The problem is that ret is a class that is easy to beat unless you have absolutely no fucking idea what you're doing, and that's the case with most people.

Mage goes:

"BAAWWWWWW THE PALADIN HIT ME AND KILLED ME!"

So the paladin caught up to you. How?

"HE STUNNED ME! RANGED STUNS ARE OP!"

So you let the paladin get within 10 yards? And you didn't simply blink out of it?

"NO, REPENTANCE, 20 YARD RANGE BAWWW!"

So you didn't use your trinket on the one minute cooldown ability?

"WAS ON COOLDOWN!"

My trinket is often on cooldown when I get chain feared and nobody says fear is OP.

"YOU CAN'T KITE RET PALADINS THEY HAVE FREEDOM AND +15% MOVEMENT SPEED AND JUDGEMENT OF JUSTICE BAWWWW!"

You can remove freedom with spellsteal. +15% movement speed means nothing when your opponent can slow you by 40% and root you. Also, blink's travelling distance isn't affected by judgement of justice.

"SPELLSTEAL COSTS TOO MUCH MANA BAWWWW!"

So you're crying because you have to use mana to kill the paladin?

"BUT THEY CAN BUBBLE!"

And you can Iceblock through most of the duration or go invisible. Or you can use blink and run away for a few seconds, +15% speed isn't gonna allow the paladin to catch you during those 12 seconds if you're 20 yards or more away.

"THEY CAN HEAL"

Counterspell fucktard.

"THEY HAVE PLATE!"

You do spell damage, plate doesn't change anything.

I could do one of these for nearly every class. The only class I truly pity are warriors cause other than disarm, they have nothing on ret paladins. Except if they're prot, prot warriors = awesome against paladins somehow. Them and enhancement shamans. All ranged classes other than priests can kite ret paladins to death. Priests just mana burn them to death and mass dispel the bubble. Rogues and feral druids can pretty much stun lock paladins to death, not to mention that rogues pretty much gain several seconds of invulnerability if they pop evasion and cloak of shadows, and let's not mention bear druids. DKs? IBF = 50% damage and stun immunity, Bone Shield = another 40% damage reduction, huge self-heals, huge damage. And healers can just heal through a ret paladin's damage still.

"BAWWWW BUT I GET KILLED ALL THE TIME BY RET PALADINS WHEN I HEAL MYSELF!"

Lemme guess, you wear greens? Your spec is retarded? You're a resto shaman who stacks spirit? Still wearing level 70 epics? Or maybe you think that just sitting there spamming one button and a /rofl macro will work like it used to. It won't, push other buttons.

Stop sucking and ret paladins are a joke to you.
    Only thing i dont agree is taking mage example.... even tho i agree that mages (and i) often cry about losing get buffed then others cry when they cant kill mage who slows and just happens to be easily killed if kept more than 5 sec in close distance.

and to OP

I'm neutral about retridin complains and dont see much crying about it....
    Mainly i just call this effect ...when people dont understand why karma kicks their asses and rapes them...

Quote Originally Posted by burn
    yeah, u shud try it sometimes
    better then acting like an a**hole 24/7
    also a go ding from age12 to 16 or so. sure sounds like u need it
    And for most of you crying idiots....grow up and leave this kind arguing away from my face
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

Well i play ret, and i have played ret since vanilla, so i'll set it straight.
    Yeah, we're probably hated NOW 'cause we used to suck, and now we can actually do something to people.
    Still be able to do 100% dmg while 100% invulnerable, yes OP...but it's getting nerfed, so you guys can stop complaining now.
    As for those of you who're saying "omg stupid ret, so OP bro, i got stunned and then two shot!"

Seal of the Martyr, Vengence stacked 3 times (9% bonus dmg over-all), Wings popped (20% bonus dmg), MoT procced (1000 AP) , raid buffed, in my full epic gear from 25 man naxx/sarth/maly...highest judgment was about 9k.

YES, whoa, that's pretty high (notice what buffs i had)...however...it's on an 8 second cd (7 with 4-set)..it is IMPOSSIBLE to get literally two shot, unless you're running around at 80 with 12k health, in which case ANY class can two-shot you...and yeah i guess we could follow up the 9k judge (if you can achieve it), with a crusader strike, and hit for another 4k..but that's still not even 15k..and most guys in greens have minimum 17k health at 80, so really, cut the crap and go rejoice that we're getting nerfed some more xP

i dont hate ret

i hate bubble
    only thing that stops my mac war from mac truckin a pally is the flurry of immunes on my screen and the full hp or last 3k burst that follows
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Look, I know that you really need to associate yourself with adulthood as you idolize them, but trying to belittle people by calling them children only goes to show your insecurity about adulthood as you still associate a low age as being something wrong.
    owkeey DR Freud

Look, I know that you really need to associate yourself with adulthood as you idolize them, but trying to belittle people by calling them children only goes to show your insecurity about adulthood as you still associate a low age as being something wrong.

^What a tool.

The spelling in this entire thread reminds me of a kindergarten class....

My Maum wint too thie stoor and bot sum groshries.
    SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES

lets make you write something else than yours first one
    like finnish or russia or swedish
    can say 100 % that you would suck balls for writing those too

15+ Year Old Account

dead topic = dead. stop the whining against each others spelling and behaviour and close this topic.