glyph for holy/disc priest

what are some good glyphs to use for pve?

I'm currently using flash heal and PW:shield and no third one

Re: glyph for holy/disc priest

Holy PvE:

Majors:
    Glyph of Flash Heal
    Glyph of Renew
    Glyph of Circle of Healing

Minors:
    Glyph of Shadowfiend
    Glyph of Shadow Protection
    Glyph of Levitate

I use majors : Power word shield, renew, flash heal
    minors: shadowfiend, levitate, fortitude

I'm thinking of changing the renew 1 though, it's nice that renew ticks for about 1800, but it doesn't really last long and reapplying it all the time makes me go out of 5second rule a lot, which I should'nt have to when changing glyph (perhaps CoH glyph)

Call me crazy, but with all the magic debuffs in WotLK, Glyph of Dispel Magic, while being PvP-oriented, is kinda nice to have. Whenever you're healing for an instance/raid, having an instant cast heal that heals 6% of the target's health, can crit, and dispel a debuff? Yes please imo. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Feeniks
    Call me crazy, but with all the magic debuffs in WotLK, Glyph of Dispel Magic, while being PvP-oriented, is kinda nice to have. Whenever you're healing for an instance/raid, having an instant cast heal that heals 6% of the target's health, can crit, and dispel a debuff? Yes please imo. :P
    Not nearly as good as other major glyphs you could get instead.

And btw, Glyph of Dispel is getting nerf. Going down from 6% to 3%.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream

As disc you want flashheal and shield. third glyph is up for grabs, I'd go with dispell there. Renew glyph isn't that hot (5% increase IIRC).
    As holy you want CoH, Renew and X. Seeing as you wont use flashheal as Holy, I'd go with dispell again. Lightwell glyph is nice but more of a pvp thing.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Healing per Mana-wise the renew glyph doesn't do anything I guess. 4 ticks for 1250 each if you'd do 1000 per tick with 5. (I haven't really checked, but it should be as simple as that, right?)

Healing per Second is another matter of course (making it good for PvP for one thing). I wouldn't get the glyph for disc PvE because there are better spells to cast than Renew in that spec, and having to cast it more often in those cases where I want to keep it up doesn't seem too appealing.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

"Glyph of Spirit of Redemtion" is an excellent holy glyph. At least until the patch hits.

Glyph of Spirit Redemption - Increases the duration of Spirit of Redemption by 6 seconds. (Old - All heals cast while Spirit of Redemption is active have a 20% chance to increase the remaining duration of Spirit of Redemption by 4sec.
    I'd say it while still be a decent glyph but i'll probably go for the FH glyph instead with 3.0.8.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Up until the patch, Glyph of Dispel is really strong. It, the renew and SoR glyphs will become pointless after the patch.

Flash is useful, as is shield (for Disc). Only need the CoH one for Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    "Glyph of Spirit of Redemtion" is an excellent holy glyph. At least until the patch hits.

I'd say it while still be a decent glyph but i'll probably go for the FH glyph instead with 3.0.8.
    I don't know about you but I don't plan on dying when going to a raid ;D

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I don't know about you but I don't plan on dying when going to a raid ;D
    Me neither but the current version of this glyph is still awesome. Besides sometimes you just have bad luck. With this glyph i was able to increase the duration of SoR to ~1:30 min, which is pretty sick tbh
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Personally I prefer Glyph of Renew, being specced into renew as well, raid buffed I usually tick for 2k - 2.1k on the shortened renew which personally I prefer. Especially when you consider CoH is about to get nerfed, I'm not a person that uses CoH heavily (usually end with 7-11% healing done by CoH) and recently I've been making sure that the 6sec cooldown wont affect me by counting out the cooldown time. So in situations like Vortex on malygos having a renew which can tick faster is that much better. I don't want a heal over time that heals very little for a long time, I'll leave that to the druids, I want a HoT that heals alot as fast as possible. A 2k tick helps to offset nearly all DoT done by boss encouters.

Currently running with (as Disc);

Major
    Flash Heal
    PW:S
    prayer of healing (still doing a lot of heroics with the Mrs)

Minor
    Levitate
    Shadowfiend
    Fade (the 30% mana one)

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

if the other glyphs were as good as the dispel glyph
    it wouldnt need a nerf would it?
    f.e. the riding dks in naxx (which do magic debuffs all the time) are easily healed against just with that glyph
    no additional heals cast
    maybe thats the reason for the nerf

secondly i do think pws glyph suxx.. but just for 1 reason..
    pvp no use at all
    since most of the times u (as priest) are focus target
    and its only healing other targets not urself

i hope theres going to be a "penance" glyph in the future since i almost never use flash heal :>

15+ Year Old Account

For minor glyphs I really like the fortitude one. While not useful 100% of the time, sometimes a raid member dies and gets battlerezzed, then you can buff him with fortitude for ~280 mana which is really nice. While the -30% mana Fade glyph is reasonable too, I never use fade anyway because tanks hold so much aggro (well I use it preemtivly while bombing as shadow, but never as a healer).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

fade is nice
    especially for bosses were adds spawn

like gluth the zombies

or sarth the fireeles

well its not needed.. but it helps

while i wouldnt use the glyph :>
    dont use it THAT often

15+ Year Old Account

Currently got:

Major:
    Flash heal
    Renew
    Prayer of Healing

Minor:
    Levitate
    Prayer of Shadow Protection
    Shadow Fiend

Haven't changed since I was disc -> holy.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.