Warlock leveling specc, help!

Hey,

What are the top leveling builds? Affliction ? felguard ? what did you guys use and what did you find best?

Re: Warlock leveling specc, help!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech11
    Hey,

What are the top leveling builds? Affliction ? felguard ? what did you guys use and what did you find best?
    TBC it was affliction hands down. Today it is demonology imo. They keep buffing the pets even more and the tree already screamed farming build.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Thanks for fast reply, ^^ i think ill try that

15+ Year Old Account

Most people will tell you it's Demonology, but I honestly found it to be one of the most boring spec around.

Personally, I leveled my Lock Affliction and did fine with that, but that was in TBC and I'm not sure how the Lock is doing in WoTLK because I just don't play the Lock anymore.

Destruction is also a great spec, or was~~ I went Destruction from 50 to 70 and loved the hell out of that spec!

I leveled with affliction my rotation was Dot, Dot, Dot, RUN AWAY!

I always hear other warlocks praising demonology, saying it's the best leveling spec. In my own person experience I've always found that affliction out performs demonology on pretty much all levels. There literally is no down time, at all. You can tag multiple baddies, and not go oom, it's basically non-stop AoE farming. Granted, you can do that with demonology to, to some extent, but it just isn't as good.

For an actual talent spec, I went with something like this:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

For AoE grinding, this is what you would want at level 71 (note, nightfall would probably be useful early on). Basically what you do, is have your VW out with SL on, and tag everything. I always was able to kill same level mobs with just Corruption, CoA, and SL (as in siphon life). I rarely used UA (unless on a single target), also pop haunt on any target, every time the cooldown is up. Whenever you're VW gets low, just have it set to whatever skill it is that heals the VW (by itself) over a 6 sec period. During this time you can still be tagging, you just have to get out of combat for a second, and hit the ability.

As for the rest of the points, I would dump more points into demo, like this:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

That's at 77, for the last 3 points, I would dump them into whatever you like (probably best to fill shadow embrace, but it doesn't really matter). Keep in mind that going this route won't be very affective until at least level 60 (purely for haunt).
    Characters:
    http://pewpewboom.zer.googlepages.com/zer%27scharacter2

WoW ty for good replys ive specced into affliction and im gona try it, ;D

I have ALWAYS been Affliction and my Warlock is my quickest leveled character, ever.

You simply just don't die or lose major amounts of mana as Affliction; once you get the hang of it.

Actually, the prime leveling spec is a Siphon Life Felguard build, you just dot the hell out of everything and let your felguard go to town on the dotted enemies, you can grab a ton of mobs easy and no matter how long they're wailing on you your sl covers most of the damage.

Even if you do die from time to time you can safely say you got killed by a lot of enemies. It even helps you solo most of the group quests if you switch out for the VW.

This is roughly what it will look like when you hit 80, I think you need to be at least 71 to get both Felguard and Siphon life at the same time, but by that point, leveling is a breeze.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlock/talents.html?tal=0350222031203311050512001351005032010000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000#none

FG/sl is so boring like hell imo. but it's indeed a good lvling spec.
    i'm more in for some action (while i lvld from 70-80 only died for 4 times in world or so), so i lvld just like BuNNyRespawned affli.
    All men…are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That's why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is! - Emperor Charles zi Britannia

Im Demo right now and I like it, being able to gather like 5+ mobs and then going meta with my felguard / immo aura, Burns stuff so quick and gets those high kill count quests done fast.

I leveled Aff 1-70 though and raided Aff and I do miss it, that was also simple, Dot Dot Dot Drain Life... Never seemed to run outta health/mana.
    I'm on hiatus. Waiting till summer/cataclysm to get back to my sexy orc warlock. You jealous!

Deleted

I leveled as destruction. No matter what people say, it was a good spec to use. Soul Leech provided me with almost infinite hp and mana as long as I pulled only 1 or 2 mobs at a time. Usually the mobs died so fast that they only got 1 hit in, so.. it went pretty well

ima SL and felguard person i have to say i love it, now i can focus on the beutiful world and not the tons of mobs that im trying to kill. and i can take down the big elites all on my own.

Deleted

I think before lvl 30 affliction will do the msot damage, due to the improvement of damage from curses. While pre-30 demonology gains a lot of survival and destro basically faster shadowbolts, ISB is pretty much worthless, because crit is low at low lvl and mobs die to fast to actually gain real benefit from it.

But after lvl 30 I think demonology and destruction become better, Demonology due to having their dps outperform the lock on its own, right now my lock is 25 demonologist, i have Improved imp, one point in unholy power and glyph of imp, and my imps firebolt hits for 50ish, while my searing pain hits for 47 and I have 37 spellpower, I'm not sure how much my imp benefits from my spellpower.

And destruction, if you've done some instance farming, you'll have a nice critrating for your lvl, i'm sitting at 8%. to make ISB more worthwile, get molten core procs from corruption for better immolates and searing pain. Crit damage bonus. while affliction will still kill mobs at the same pace as pre-30.

Affli is truly epic farming, so much healing return and improved life tap make demon and destro dwarf in it's presence, same goes for raiding.

SL-Felguard is nice built for non stop farming or grinding.

I recently level'd my warlock. SL Felguard is great... you should try to seed and rain of fire heaps of those tusk pigs.. leveling borean and grizz hills is great and fast..

Try using your trinket and just runn past 10 mobs dotting each one threee times, its too easy with seed.