The advantage of dw after patchday?

Hi,
    today i head about the Killing Machine nerv, that it's only benefiting from the Main-Hand and not the Off-Hand anymore.

first of my questions is... is that correct?

and second question is... why should i use two onehandweapons instead of one twohand, that can do a lot more dmg with BS, PS and FS, when my offhand km proc chance is blown away...

sry 4 maybe bad english

Re: The advantage of dw after patchday?

Dual wielding allows you to better stack defence stats since there are no two handed tanking weapons, the blacksmithing ones are not being put into the game.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Dual wielding allows you to better stack defence stats since there are no two handed tanking weapons, the blacksmithing ones are not being put into the game.
    LOOL You idiotic noob! read the post first... the OP said nothing about tanking... sigh

Hi,
    today i head about the Killing Machine nerv, that it's only benefiting from the Main-Hand and not the Off-Hand anymore.

first of my questions is... is that correct?
    I dont know

and second question is... why should i use two onehandweapons instead of one twohand, that can do a lot more dmg with BS, PS and FS, when my offhand km proc chance is blown away...

sry 4 maybe bad english
    If your information is correct, then why should you :P just go 2h.

2x 1h is more white DpS than 2h

since it's not yet decided which KM version will be going and staying on live you can't make an assumption about it yet.

If you rely on IT + HB for main DpS than those increase in white DpS from DW is more DpS than the increase in extra dmg on BS + PS...

Quote Originally Posted by badrsadiq
    LOOL You idiotic noob! read the post first... the OP said nothing about tanking... sigh
    He asked what the advantage of dual wielding would be after the patch, I gave him an example. Feel free to keep posting completely pointless drivel in this thread though.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryo
    If KM stays that way...you won't. Which is what they're trying to design.

Remember they want to nerf DW without nerfing 2H, which is why they're screwing around with KM. Ghostcrawler has posted a number of times he wants DKs to not be DW dominated, as the game already has 3 other DW classes.

It could also just be a bug, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    He asked what the advantage of dual wielding would be after the patch, I gave him an example. Feel free to keep posting completely pointless drivel in this thread though.
    Well then, to address the point you were trying to make then, the blacksmithing weapons were unnecessary, the Titanium Destroyer is a damn fine tanking weapon if you wanted a raidable crafted item. The only advantage that DW'ing had in tanking was if you were freshly geared 80 needing the defense on two weapons. The new Stoneskin Gargolye runeword makes that unnecessary, and now there is absolutely no area at low gear or high gear in which DW has any advantages over 2H for tanking...quite the opposite, as 2h will be superior in every way at all gear levels.

If you want to DW tank, it's certainly viable. It's just not optimal. Not now. Not ever, unless they change some things up pretty dramatically.