Summoning Stone: Screenies

Just been on the EU PTR and thought I'd grab a few screenies of the new summoning stone. Needless to say... I lol'd.

(all hosted on Imageshack btw)

Re: Summoning Stone: Screenies

Are these guys opening and closing their coats?

Quote Originally Posted by blizzy
    Are these guys opening and closing their coats?
    They open it once when they 'rise' out of the ground when summoned, and then close again before sinking into the ground.

Yes, Blizzard gave us "flashers".

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

That's awesome! I'm afraid to ask what you have to "click" to get someone to.. "pop out".

are these recent? they must have changed them i took this screenshot at the beginning of the PTR.
    very small compared to how they are now

Yeah took them this morning :P

Hmm they look pretty nice. Big and ppl can see em.

BTW can you take pictures of other spells that got updates like sbolt, haunt, incin or any other spells?

Im DLing the PTR and its takin a while for some weird reason >_<.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockeroad
    BTW can you take pictures of other spells that got updates like sbolt, haunt, incin or any other spells?
    As far as I can tell, the only spells that got a visual update were RoF and Blizzard for mages. Apparently due to the fact that people couldn't tell if they were standing in a player cast or NPC cast one, lol.

i was hoping that some more of our spells would get wicked looking graphics just to lessen the blow of currently being s@#t, but mages frost bolt fireball and pyroblast got wicked new graphics as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Voryen
    i was hoping that some more of our spells would get wicked looking graphics just to lessen the blow of currently being s@#t, but mages frost bolt fireball and pyroblast got wicked new graphics as well.
    ^^. That is y i was wondering if ppl could post pics. I thoughy they wouldve changed the graphics of some of our spells but noo! Shadowbolt still looks like a flying skull >_<

everything looks kickass for this this, and the popping out of the ground thing sounds cool but i think those horns are just way too big, they should be taken out or made with less fail

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
    -Albert Einstein

Looks pretty sweet.

I alwasy thought it would be wicked if like shadow bolt was a big ball of shadow thats just black and looks like a mist sorta moves like the wind, and when it hits it sorta explodes in smoke on the target.

I alwasy thought it would be wicked if like shadow bolt was a big ball of shadow thats just black and looks like a mist sorta moves like the wind, and when it hits it sorta explodes in smoke on the target.
    i think a skull with a shadowy trail is pretty sweet though

I think I remember from that latest Harry Potter movie at the end where the Old guy fights Voldemort and Voldemort does a similar spell to what you said.

A ton of lock spells have been reanimated. In TBC Shadowbolt, Armor spells, DC, and soulwell all got a make over.
    So far in wrath all of our drain spells, rain of fire, soulfire, imp fireballs, and now summoning have gotten redone. Locks get tons of love from the art department.

Wrong, they still deny us felfire :P

And shadowbolt hasn't changed since WoW vanilla

reminds me of Harry Potter's dementor. I thought at first it was clunky since I saw two "stones". It was late that I realized there were 2 locks who made two stones.

The cool part of this is that it opens and closes...lol

Awesome!

Thank God it doesn't look like the Meeting Stones.